- Series: Believers Church Bible Commentary
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Herald Press (October 6, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0836191188
- ISBN-13: 978-0836191189
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,260,786 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1 - 2 Peter, Jude (Believers Church Bible Commentary) Paperback – October 6, 2000
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The authors explain how 1 Peter applies Jesus' teaching on loving the enemy to believers in Asia Minor. Peter empowers them to be communities of hope, not retaliating for abuse they suffer, but bearing witness to their Lord by word, lifestyle, and doing good. They also show how 2 Peter and Jude are relevant since the church still faces ethical compromises and pastoral dilemmas. The apocalyptic imagery stresses that the concerns of Christian faithfulness and faith are crucial. The church needs such moral exhortation. This is solid biblical exposition in a reader-friendly format. It offers careful and detailed analysis of these books in clear, accessible language and quotes Anabaptists working out understandings of faith under intense suffering.