Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Peter Boyle using real voice at end of film!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 16, 2008, 5:55:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 11, 2009, 7:07:47 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 23, 2009, 12:13:09 AM PDT
barboid says:
I know that this is almost a year later, but I just wanted to verify that yes, that IS Peter Boyle's real voice, used to portray the civilized eloquence of the 'Monster' after the 'brain transference'. This is my favorite Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder movie. They were gifted with the use of the original equipment from the classic "Lugosi" version. After reading the synopsis of the film on wikipedia, I much prefer Young Frankenstein's comedic spin on things. I've also read the original Mary Shelley book and my daughter is currently studying it in her Honors English Lit class. They are watching Kenneth Brannaugh's version which is the closest to the book yet. I preferred "Frankenstein: The True Story" with James Mason and Michael Sarrazin, but I've not seen Brannaugh's version yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011, 1:25:57 PM PDT
Notregis says:
Brannaugh does good work with the Classics. His Hamlet was excellent as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011, 3:03:56 PM PDT
Charlie says:
Just a small correction to "barboid": there is no "classic Lugosi version" of Frankenstein (although Lugosi eventually played the monster in the 4th sequel.) The equipment you mention is from the original 1931 Boris Karloff film.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 16, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Young Frankenstein [VHS]
Young Frankenstein [VHS] by Wilder (VHS Tape - 1997)
4.7 out of 5 stars (532)