Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Petit Collage Deluxe Baby Book and Memory Box” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 36% off the $50.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Petit Collage Deluxe Baby Book and Memory Box Diary – August 5, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Author
Lorena Siminovich is a San Francisco-based artist, designer, and illustator. Her one-of-a-kind, hand assembled collages have been sold in such stores as Pottery Barn and Anthropolgie. Her company, Petit Collage, has been featured on blogs such as Design Sponge, Urban Outfitters, and Apartment Therapy and in magazines like House Beautiful and Country Living.
Top Customer Reviews
I found it helpful with other reviews to see a list of the pages inside the baby books. I ended up buying this one because the box with drawer was very unique and I knew I wanted a place to put baby shower cards and whatnot. The box is very sturdy, the book is cute, and the included envelopes and labels are handy. The book itself (not the pages within) is ever so slightly smaller than 8.5x11 inches. The layout is clean with plenty of white space. The pages for pasting photos give you lots of room for both photos and writing captions.
Anyway, here are the content pages (most pages have a facing page where you can paste photos):
-=Waiting for Baby=-
All About Mom
All About Dad
Baby On the Way
Preparing for Baby
You Were Born
On the Day you were Born
Baby's Birth Stats
All About Baby's Name
Baby's First Bath
Baby's First Haircut
Baby's First Holiday
Baby's First Vacation
-=Life With Baby=-
Sounds and Words
Yummy and Yucky Foods
Most Memorable Moments
-=Baby's First Year=-
(a page for each of the 12 months)
My Family Tree
The graphics are very nice, and the design with the book/box combo is convenient (and the only reason I'm rating it a 3 vs a 2).
I just don't see this as a standalone memory book and I had hoped to not need multiple. There is just very little to fill out for content in my opinion. Not even a page for hospital visitors/guests to sign, etc. I just expected more based on the reviews perhaps, so it was a disappointment.
1/4 of the pages or more are for photos, and I would have liked more room for detailed questions and actual written responses. The questions that are included...meh. "Mom's favorite song?"- really?It seems like there was thoughtful work done on the graphics and the rest of this was just phoned in. At 19.99 this would be a fine purchase with the understanding that you'd need a secondary book for more details.
What I like about this baby memory book:
1) nice illustrations (somewhat retro)
2) lots of room for pictures - I printed many of the pictures for the book in 6x9 size (I like large photos). I also liked that there wasn't defined box to fit a picture. For my first child, I used a baby book from Carter's and really disliked that the photos all had these boxes to place them in. It posed an issue if I wanted to put in a vertical picture (if the box was horizontal) or if I wanted to place in a different size.
3) The right prompts and pages - I didn't like the teeth and vaccination type pages in the Carter's book I have. This book skips all of that and just has what I really wanted for the most part. It also ends at the first birthday which suited me perfectly.
4) Love the box to store things in. For my first one (when I used the Carter's book), I don't really have an organized approach to storing his hospital bracelet, newspaper from the day he was born, etc. With this book, it all goes in the drawer in the box. It's great!!
What I didn't like as much:
1) I would have liked a few additional pages - such as thoughts from mom and dad upon first day with baby and a sibling page. It also would be nice to have some blank pages to add additional thoughts/stories/pictures. But - for the most part, the pages that I wanted were in the book.