Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on January 2, 2016
Got it for my son's 1st birthday. The toy worked but was not played with much first month. However, two months later, my son took a liking to the hamster and played with it for a week straight. Until it started to be less responsive and stop in the middle of open floor. I thought it needed a battery change, so I did that. The toy proceeded making sounds but stopped moving the wheels altogether. I thought the batteries are bad and changed again, same. The toy was broken. My son never threw it around, we have hardwood floors... So we only got like two weeks playtime out of it. Poor quality, sadly.
on February 3, 2012
I actually bought this as a toy for my cats. They were excited when I first brought it out but soon lost interest because it didn't exhibit the right "prey behavior", i.e. it didn't move fast enough and didn't try to run and hide. I sometimes babysit for a friend's children who are 5 and 8 and they like playing with this sometimes, so it hasn't gone to waste, but I really have to keep half an eye on them with it so they don't get their hair (or anything else) caught in the mechanism of the Hamster. This Hamster is well made so it is not hugely likely to happen, and I think it highly unlikely that either child would be seriously hurt playing with this (or the Hamasuta described below), but I feel it is best to be safe rather than sorry just to avoid trauma and drama (Since I've explained what to be careful of to them and they've played several times now, I'm less concerned than initially). I also bought a Hamasuta Happy Hamster which comes with a hamster ball for my cats, which also failed to keep my cats interested for the same reasons as above - kids play with both hamsters together and will put either one into the hamster ball and have some games together. So a reasonably decent toy at a decent price, but does require a little adult attention. The Zhu Zhu pet has some cool functions that the Hamasuta does not, but the Zhu Zhu is also VERY noisy and there is no way to shut off the sound which does get kind of obnoxious at times - oh well. I did pick up some zhu zhu pet outfits and accessories from a local outlet store and the kids definitely enjoy using them on both hamsters pretty indiscriminately (even things that don't really fit on the Hamasuta - they find a way, lol).
on December 26, 2012
My DD has been asking for a pet so I got her this instead - from Santa! She loved it. She spent way too much time on the floor with it on Christmas day. It's a cool toy. It moved well on carpet and knew its way around obstructions. She was tickled by the sounds. Unfortunately by bedtime it wasn't working. It was making all the sounds but it was not moving! She was bummed. Needless to say I was going to send it back. Today she whined and whined about it so for my sanity - I processed a return and then we went to the local RUs store and bought another one (at a much better price!). As I was packing it up to prepare it for its return trip, it moved for a short distance! That was when it dawned on me that it just might be a battery issue. We changed the batteries and it's like a whole new pet! We will be keeping both.
on February 28, 2016
We bought this as a toy for our Miniature Schnauzer! It has a hard indestructible plastic shell and is easily activated by our dog to make cute little noises. She loves to bat it and carry it around.
on August 14, 2013
my 15 mos old loves to watch the hamster run around the house. The hamster will hit the the wall and then will back up spin around and my daughter chases after it. Our hamster runs pretty well and it also makes fun little noises so it entertains my daughter for some time. At this moment she plays with it at least once a day and it brings a smile to her face. I think it is definitely worth the money.
on March 5, 2013
Loved the price!!! Purchased for our church's Spirit of Giving event in December (2013). (Our way to give back new or gently-used items to anyone who might like.) When 'shoppers' register, they are presented with 4 free tickets, & then each ticket may be exchanged for any item in our event store. This is a great item (think Christmas) for a child, AND, the price was certainly right!! Love it!!! 'Thank You, Lord, for providing!'
on December 28, 2011
So I bought this for my niece for christmas and she loves the zhu zhu pets!this toy may not be very educational but very fun to play with.I find myself playing with it too:)it arrived at the stated date it was suppposed to.it is very durable because my niece is only two so she throws things and it has taken many hits to the wall and it still works good as new.and I'm very pleased because it has different sounds then the others when some other people say it has the same sounds.but I would totally reccomend this for zhu zhu lovers:)
on April 6, 2011
My kids love these. I bought this one to replace one that the plastic tabs that hold the motor assembly broke on. Even though this was the same model. The newer one had very cheap contacts for the motor that broke after a week. Luckily I have saved the first one that broke and was able to cannibalize parts to get the new one working. I also used the gearbox from the first broken one to replace another one that chipped a tooth off a gear. These are very simple toys but they don't tend to last long. Most of the damage is done when the kids try to replace the batteries themselves.
on December 6, 2015
Arrived on time . It is a Christmas gift and I'm sure the recipient will like it .Very cute gift, especially for the price .
on December 29, 2013
Scoodles replaced the much-loved Scoodles for our new beagle puppy along with Palloza the pink beagle Zhu Zhu. These are her favorite toys and she loves to push them down the long hallway. Made some great movies of her getting them out of her stocking. These are kid's toys? Beagles love them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.