Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser (Choose New or Certified Refurbished)
- A fun and easy way to connect with and treat your pet from anywhere
- Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in
- Dispense your pet’s favorite treat with the Petzi treat launcher for a big smile,Say hello to your pet through the high quality audio
- Dedicated iOS and Android app that controls the device and allows content to be shared socially
- Capture candid photos of your pet to save or share on your favorite social site
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
A revolutionary remote treat dispenser and camera that makes it fun and easy to connect with your pet from anywhere, at anytime.
From the Manufacturer
Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in. Say hello to your pet through the high quality audio.
Capture candid photos of your pet to save or share on your favorite social site. Dispense your pet’s favorite treat with the Petzi Treat Launcher, for a big smile!
A fun and easy way to connect with your pet from anywhere, at anytime
Describe your product in 3 words.
Fun, Connected, Smile.
Where did you get the inspiration for your product?
We’re all connected everyday with our family and friends, why not our pets too? We wanted a mutually rewarding way to check in on our pets and say hello while we were out in the world.
What differentiates your product from similar products out there?
It’s not about the product, it’s all about the experience. The Petzi Treat Cam allows you to see, speak, snap pictures of, and treat your pet. It’s a ray of sunshine in your pocket.
Tell us about the best and most challenging parts of the creation process.
The best part about our creative process is that we get to develop new and unique ways to bring pets and owners closer together through technology. Our biggest challenge in developing the Petzi Treat Cam was to ensure that it seamlessly and simply fit into the pet and owner’s lifestyle. It was important that it have multiple placement options, accept the broadest array of treats possible, and launch the treats in a fun and exciting way for both pet and owner. Our goal was to make the app and the device become secondary to the experience.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having said all of that, because I anticipate buying this product again: This is the first iteration of this product and it somewhat shows, therefore four and a half stars instead of five. You can only use small round treats (the tiny bone shaped milk bones it came with got jammed) & the signal to the camera isn't always consistent (but still more consistent and amazing than one would imagine!). It would be great if there was a more industrial strength model. A larger dog who really wants the treats inside could do some damage as the product is mostly made of plastic (probably to keep costs down, but I would think there could be different grades/models in the future). It would also be great if the camera could move or be a fish eye lens so you get an even bigger view of the space. It would also be better if the audio was two way, being able to hear if your dog is happy or stressed (whining, crying) would be helpful.
Finally, the customer support for this company is outstanding. They really care about their product and customers, that bodes very well for the future of this product.
+ Treat dispensing feature is great. You are able to use any kinds of treats you want, although they have suggestions for what works best.
+ Video is good quality. You are able to take snapshots.
+ You can send audio.
+ Overall a good design. I worried about my dogs trying to bust open the container to get the treats but it would be hard to do so. It's easy to mount it on the wall. It looks nice.
+ The support team is very nice. They respond promptly and they are very helpful. They seem to genuinely care about keeping their customers, unlike some dog product companies. If you have a problem with your device, I'm sure they will fix it.
+ The camera only turns on when you connect through the app.
- Audio is only one-way. Originally, their Kickstarter said it would be two-way so I'm not sure what happened there. This feature would have been a major improvement.
- You can only view the camera through their application. It would be great if there was a way to view it online too, so I can keep an eye on it throughout the day.
- There are delays with everything. Your video is delay by a few seconds, and any interactive button you push has a delay as well. I expected a slight delay, but it's slower than I hoped. My internet connection is fast, so that isn't the issue here.
- Treat dispensing mechanism can use some work. They suggest hard treats that are at least 1 inch long, but even the treats they supply you with that match this description aren't perfect. Sometimes one treat gets dispensed, sometimes 4+ do. I've also seen it get stuck once. I wish there was a better way to control how much got dispensed.
- Minor con, but I feel their their social feature is a waste of time. They created a new social networking site that you can upload pictures of your pets to, much like instagram and the more dog-focused Pack. It has nothing to do with the camera. I rarely even see any photos posted that are actually taken from snapshots. I wish they would have put the effort into improving another part of the application instead.
Some easier improvements: I'd like to see the addition of video recording in the future in addition to their snapshot feature. I'd also like to see a way to record video throughout the day. Currently, you're only able to view the camera when you connect with your phone. You can't see what happened in the past. It would also be great if you could set it up to alert you when there's movement.
Overall, it's a good purchase if you want to be able to interact with your pet more, instead of just watching them.