- Product Dimensions: 3 x 8 x 10 inches ; 1.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004G5PNZC
- Item model number: M57
- Average Customer Review: 48 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #46,323 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.00 shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
Petzl Ange S Carabiner
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.10. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- INTENDED USE: The ANGE S carabiner is ideal for mountaineering and multi-pitch climbing where weight reduction is key.
- SIZE AND STRENGTH: This ultra-lightweight carabiner (28 grams) has a 23 mm gate opening and a major axis strength of 20 kN.
- EASY TO USE: The unique H-profile is easy to open and close and offers wide surfaces for ropes and anchors, providing better glide and less wear.
- LOCKING SYSTEM: The MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother opening and closing and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners.
- EASY CLEANING: The nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow, or dirt to be cleared out.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||10 x 8 x 3 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.06 Kilograms|
|Shipping Weight||0.15 pounds|
|Special Size Type||Small|
The Petzl Ange S carabiner represents the middle ground between the traditional solid gate carabiner and the classic wire gate carabiner. The Ange combines the fluidity of the spring gate with the lightness of the wire gate system. Petzl's MonoFil Keylock technology and the H-profile make the ANGE S carabiner weigh an ultra-light 28 grams (1oz) and provide an optimal weight/strength ratio. So it is particularly suitable for users looking to reduce their weight to a minimum. The shape of the nose is designed to optimize clipping and unclipping.Strength & Weight:.The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis.Weight: 1oz (28g).Major axis: 20 kN.Open gate: 9 kN.Minor axis: 7 kN.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At first I was planning on going overkill and using a locking gate design, but then I stumbled across this one and decided to give it a shot since having to unscrew the gate every time I needed to remove the carabiner would get tiresome. This is less likely to get caught on something than a traditional wire gate, and you can just feel the quality for this thing when you hold it and fiddle with the gate. And it sounds silly, but it is just very satisfying to open and close. I never thought I would rave so much about a carabiner, but this thing is awesome.
I like it so much, I got more so that my car and motorcycle keys didn't have to share one. My bikes are spoiled that way. Plus, I simply had to get the orange one for my Harley and KTM. They aren't the cheapest carabiners out there, but they are super light and I trust them to keep my keys securely attached to my pants regardless of the legality of the speed I am traveling. I have even given them to friends as a small gift when they take it for a spin and appreciate how good it is. If you're in the market for a carabiner for similar purposes, you absolutely will not be let down by this one. It might cost a bit more than the cheap ones, but I have used one daily for 2.5 years now and it still feels as good now as the first time.
The best new design I've used.
This carabiner does have those exposed points, and is working like the day I got it. Highly recommend.
*I have not used it climbing (in any serious capacity)