Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 17, 2013
I've been trying to convert all battery-operated products I own to rechargeable batteries; and thus-far the CORE battery for our 3 petzel headlights has been the best purchase I've made. I was using my tikka XP2 for about 30 minutes-1 hour every day to walk my dog after work, and I started using the CORE battery back in December. The only time I charged it was when I first purchased the product, so the burn-time has actually been much longer than advertised so far. I've even mistakenly left it out in my car overnight in my coat pocket on a few below freezing nights with no ill effects.

My favorite feature is the small external green/yellow/red LED indicator light that lets you know how full the battery pack is; much more helpful and accurate than the built-in indicator on many of petzel's newer generation of lights that simply tell you when you're about to run out of batteries.

I haven't had any of the issues with petzel OS that others have described, in my experience it has worked fine and has in fact had a big effect on how the light performs in the real world.

If you have a petzel headlamp already you should definitely pick one of these up; and if you don't but you're thinking of buying one I believe petzel has a bundle deal at their website.
on May 23, 2013
I am not a caver, mountaineer, skier, adventurer or explorer. I am a freelance field technician/camera operator, which can make me feel as if I am a bit of all of those things that I am not. It's nice to know that this little power source could save my life, though. I have only owned it for a few weeks, and have only used it a handful of times, but it has performed perfectly so far. I will be sure to edit my review as time passes.
It's been a while and I still love this gadget. Being able to configure the lithium battery with an app is sorta nifty, but it requires a laptop and I don't always have one with me. So far that hasn't been an issue.
on September 28, 2013
This is a great rechargable battery for the Zipka. It tells us when it is getting low and all we have to do is put it in our USB port on our computer or in our truck radio. It's very easy to replace the batteries and to put this in place of them. If you want to save yourself some hassle and money, get one of these, they are well worth it. Oh, and it can be charged on our Goal Zero 10 solar charger which is very helpful if you are camping and you don't want to have the extra weight of batteries for another devise.
on February 24, 2013
This battery pack is great. Not only does it save on replacing the many AAA cell batteries that you would use on your headlight, it contains software that lets you determine how the battery is drained. You can set it up to provide constant bright light that will burn out suddenly in about 4 hours, or you can set it to last longer and make the light dimmer over a longer period of time like an akaline battery would do.

Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I installed the battery software on my first Windows 7 machine and it didn't work - it wouldn't recognize that i had the battery plugged into my USB port. I installed the software on another Windows 7 machine and it worked perfectly.

I know it seems expensive at first, but if you use your headlamp as much as I do, it will totally pay for itself over a period of time. And I love that I can program the battery to give it's maximum output consistently rather than dying out gradually.
on July 8, 2013
If you use your headlamp almost daily as I do (dog walks, getting things from basement, working under the hood, etc) it's grea to have 2.
The unit charges off the light so you can swap out dead batts while charging. Also your eyes tend to adjust as the lamp dims so the LED charge is handy to confirm yes indeed, it's getting dark in here, LOL.
It also doesn't remove ability to pop in some AAAs if needed while away from a charged Core.
And the fac the Core charges off USB is great since they are now ubiquitous these days.
THIS ITEM IS IN SHORT SUPPLY, PETZL IS MAKING CHANGES. GET SOME NOW AND KEEP YOUR Tikka RELEVANT FOR YEARS MORE!
on April 14, 2013
Their R&D department must be like an Intel chip plant!This battery is equivalent to 900 AAA deposable batteries and to recharge it is to simply plug it in to your computer USB port and wait for the green LED to glow steady.This can take as much as an hour or two depending on how much you've used your headlamp between charges.
on January 14, 2013
I have yet to use triple A batteries in my headlamp because this bad boy has the battery life to keep my world lit up. I've have taken this thing camping and it has been a life saver trying to find timber on those freezing nights. I mostly use this for night trail running in the woods. I have the most lumens and therefore, brightest light of my fellow runners. I fall less (never) than them and can see the deer from 10 M away as opposed to running into them.

Don't roll your ankle on any roots!
on February 10, 2014
We've been using Petzl's for ages and after accidentally washing my first Rechargable Battery, I purchased another and it is just as wonderful as the first.
It easily charges by the computer or solar panel, lights the way in dark for all sorts of activities like backpacking, photography, star gazing, dog walking, running, etc.
I highly recommend this product.
on July 20, 2012
One of the main reasons I purchased the CORE battery was because of its alleged ability to be managed and optimized via the Petzl OS software.

Unfortunately, the software doesn't work. At all. I've tried on multiple computers, running various versions of Windows (XP and 7), and the problems range from the software hanging during the install process but never completing on one machine, to installing but then not doing anything (not recognizing the battery) on another.

I'm really disappointed in Petzl for releasing this buggy piece of not-ready-for-primetime beta. Don't buy a CORE, unless you just want a run-of-the-mill rechargeable battery.

I'm giving it 2 stars, because it's just a battery (and an expensive one, at that), and not a "smart" battery, as advertised.
on January 14, 2014
Not only does it replace disposable batteries, it allows me to choose how the lamp utilizes a charge and decide how bright and how long I want the lamp to operate via a program on the computer. The Core is charged and programmed using a USB cable attached to the computer. It can also be charged alone by a USB connection to any USB charging device.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.