Petzl Tikka 2 Plus
|Price:||$39.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Versatile and powerful
- One high-output white LED: 50 lumens
- Easy to use: electronic push-button switch, battery pack is easy to open, light beam can be aimed, ADAPT system is quick to mount
- Reliable: push-button switch limits inadvertently turning on the lamp during storage
- Compatible with lithium batteries
- End of series
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Light Source Type||LED|
|Package Height||2 x 3 x 6.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.3 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
It is very sturdy offers a great beam of light for the white light with only one bulb. I have had it for just 3 weeks so no experiences with it running low yet but I am using it sparingly.
I would like to confirm that this is totally not the case. The clear housing of the headlamp does spill out some light, but it is very very minimal. I used my hand to block the bottom of the housing to compare and it really makes no difference. I also have have the Energizer 6 LED headlamp and that one spills out a lot of light onto my glasses making things hard to see.
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. An upgrade to the Tikka XP 2 can be made for $5 by switching out the LED. Search for SSC P4 (which is the LED installed in Tikka XP 2) in google. Soldering skills are required for the upgrade.
After looking through all the different headlamps, I settled on this one for a couple reasons- it's LED based, so no bulb to break, and lots of battery life, it's light, the light unit is self-contained, with no wire from the light to the battery pack. The price isn't too bad compared to some, so if I lose or damage/destroy it, it's not a big deal.
I've used this light extensively since I received it almost a year ago, and it continues to impress me. There are brighter headlamps out there, so if brightness is your prime concern, you may want to look elsewhere. Personally, though, I do not feel the light output lacking, both around the house and for performing tasks around camp after dark.
Operation is as easy as installing the batteries (a single clip, which might be trouble for those with impaired dexterity in the fingers), and pushing the button. The button is recessed enough that I don't worry about it turning on in my pack, but still easy to operate, even with gloves on. At first I was concerned with the click-stop adjustment for angling the headlamp downward, but even after all the use I've given it, the stops are still just as tight as new.Read more ›
You will love this headlamp.
- It is a high quality white l.e.d. bulb that produces 50 lumens. (about 100ft. of distance for light)
- As has a high quality red l.e.d. bulb producing light for reading maps and such at night. (Red is important for not losing your night vision so great thinking behind its intent)
- Has an indicator for low battery power so you know when your light has reached its half life. (this is good to know because no way wants to be left in the dark unexpectedly)
- Its water proof. (everyone at some point will have an accident with water, nice to know you are covered)
- Has 140 hour battery life. (uses 3 AAA batteries, that shows it is using quality led's)
- Very comfortable headband. (soft to the touch and very adjustable, it can be worn for hours with no problem)
- Adjustable light throw for looking forward or down. (why hold your neck down, just adjust the light position)
In the end with all products, you get what you pay for! I've bought other cheaper ones and always regret it. Just buy the good stuff once and save money not having to rebuy crappy stuff over and over.
Hope this helps those on the fence!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love love love my headlamp! I brought this headlamp on a two year around the world trip and camping expedition. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Candela
Bought this headlame while on deployment and in the middle east. It has been over 8 years and it still work to this day.Published 3 months ago by D. Mollett
Bright LED, comfortable, and durable. The red light option is nice too so as to not blind others at night and keep your night vision when camping.Published 10 months ago by Mike Mags
This headlamp is so handy I have had it for a couple years. I use it all the time.
Great headlamp, I've used it so much I've gone trough 3 sets of AAA batteries so far. It takes 3 AAA batteries, which is kind of annoying because AAA batteries come in even... Read morePublished 16 months ago by J. Luff