- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B016DQJWPI
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (67 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #36,821 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Petzl Tikka XP Headlamp
|Price:||$39.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.07 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Technology: CONSTANT LIGHTING
- Weight: 85 g; Beam pattern: mixed
- Energy: 3 AAA/LR03 batteries (included); Certification(s): CE
- Battery compatibility: rechargeable Ni-MH and lithium
- Watertightness: IP X4 (weather resistant)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Package Height||3.03 x 4.41 x 5.2 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.31 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
FEATURES of the Petzl Tikka XP Headlamp Max brightness: 180 lumens, 65 meters Constant Lighting: brightness does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained Several modes and lighting colors adapt to each situation A mode adapted for proximity vision: wide, uniform beam Modes adapted for movement: mixed beam with focused component allows user to move around comfortably Focused beam mode for long-range vision Boost mode for temporary access to maximum power Red lighting for discreet close range vision Strobe mode for signaling one's presence, accessible at any time Battery life management allows user to easily anticipate battery replacement Automatically switches to reserve mode when batteries are almost drained (signaled by blinking light) Red lighting switches on when batteries are practically empty to preserve a minimal amount of lighting Push-button is easy to use, even with gloves on mixed fabric and elastic headband for improved comfort and positioning during dynamic activities Washable headband Battery case opens easily for changing batteries
Top customer reviews
The only improvement I experienced with this headlamp is the ability to have a brighter output of light.
Lastly, other details I noticed that changed from previous versions:
Petzl emited the emergency whistle on the headband.
The headband cannot be replaced. It is stitched together and cannot be removed.
There is a long delay when turning the headlamp off.
This is the BEST because:
1. All 3 light levels of white light are very useful, nice shape beam, and NO STROBE EFFECT. and the low is quite low! Actually good for campsite close work and reading once your eyes adjust. Medium is very useful, and high is BRIGHT! I love the big & useful range.
2. I think the level of the RED light is perfect. I've used it in the backyard and walking in a park and on a beach and any dimmer would be unusable for me:) It's on the low light level end, but quite useful once your eyes adjust, and your night vision is great.
3. No leakage into my eyes (at least with the black case I bought)
I don't see any lower quality issues that others mention.
Compared to my old favorite trusty
Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlamp (Graphite) - Updated Petzl that I paid $54.95
I loved my 2 tikka XP 2 updated with the pull down diffuser for wide flood light. But I seldom used the NARROW beam without the diffuser as it was just too narrow for anything but focussing on one tiny point. And I rarely used LOW light level as it was a SLOW STROBE that drives my brain crazy. (If you move your head it is flashing-
- Battery life is very good. I can't really say how many hours, on what setting, as my use changes all of the time and even the type of battery you use will change this, so all I can really say is that my Amazon brand AAA's last a long time in this lamp.
- I really like the 3 different brightness settings. When you depress the on/off it starts with the lowest setting, another press, medium, another press and high. If you wait too long between presses, it will turn off the light versus increase power. The highest light setting is amazingly bright. You can see forever with it on high power. I also like that you always get the same brightness no matter how drained your batteries are. The light gives you full brightness, but if you're batteries are too low, then instead of slowly dimming, it will switch to the next lower power level.
- If you press and hold the button, it will switch from white light to red. I really like the red setting for reading at night and not waking anyone up.
- It supposedly is waterproof. I've worn it in a few rain storms and have had no issues, but have never submerged it.
- Not really a con, but I have no use for the blinking settings on either of the light colors. Just a wasted function for me.
- Would like a little thicker headband
- I would like to have the ability to detach the headband so I could wash or replace it. Wearing this lamp daily with a bald head, this headband gets/got gross quickly and I would like to have the ability to get a new one. There's no way to remove it. This is a big bummer!
Overall, the pros substantially outweigh the few negatives and this headlamp is completely worth it. It is amazingly bright and a set of batteries last forever. Please Petzl just let me get a new headband... Even so, I still would completely recommend this unit.
I hope I have helped your purchasing decision of this product. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer, seller or any other product related company nor am I under any obligation to write this review. I do this for my own fun and to help others in the Amazon Community! Feel free to comment and let me know if I have helped you, and please note below if this review was able to help. If you should have any questions, please post them below in the Comments. I try to answer all inquires in a timely fashion to the best of my ability.
Now that I'm back to normal training I wish it were rechargeable and that I could easily wash the headband.