Petzl Tikka XP Headlamp
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 180 LUMEN: maximum output
- STANDARD LIGHTING TECHNOLOGY: beam switches to reserve mode when batteries are getting low in order to preserve remaining battery life
- ADJUSTABLE MODES: choose from three different modes(proximity, movement, or focused) for various situations
- EASY TO USE: simple push-button system for quick lighting mode selection
- BATTERIES INCLUDED: headlamp runs on three AAA/LR03 batteries
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Petzl TIKKA XP Headlamp Compact multi-beam headlamp for outdoor activities, with CONSTANT LIGHTING technology for guaranteed constant brightness over time. 180 lumens The TIKKA XP headlamp provides 180 lumen brightness in Boost mode and is specifically designed for outdoor activities that may require rapid movement. It also features CONSTANT LIGHTING technology which enables the light to maintain its brightness even as the batteries drain. It also has multi-beam functions: wide beam for proximity lighting and focused beam for direct lighting, both can be used together or separately. One red LED for discreet lighting. Features CONSTANT LIGHTING: brightness does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained Two beam patterns (wide and focused) and several lighting modes meet the need for high-performance lighting in outdoor activities: proximity or distance vison and rapid movement Boost mode for temporary access to maximum brightness Red light combining visual comfort and discretion, red strobe light Automatically switches to reserve mode when batteries are running low and then to red lighting when the batteries are nearly empty Compatible with NI-MH or lithium batteries for greater burn time Push-button is easy to use, even with gloves Washable headband, designed for dynamic activities (secure and absorbent) Specifications Weight: 85g Beam patterns: wide, mixed, focused Energy:3 AAA?LR03 batteries (included) Watertightness: IP X4 (weather resistant)
Color: Black | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-6 of 75 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Battery life is very good. I can't really say how many hours, on what setting, as my use changes all of the time and even the type of battery you use will change this, so all I can really say is that my Amazon brand AAA's last a long time in this lamp.
- I really like the 3 different brightness settings. When you depress the on/off it starts with the lowest setting, another press, medium, another press and high. If you wait too long between presses, it will turn off the light versus increase power. The highest light setting is amazingly bright. You can see forever with it on high power. I also like that you always get the same brightness no matter how drained your batteries are. The light gives you full brightness, but if you're batteries are too low, then instead of slowly dimming, it will switch to the next lower power level.
- If you press and hold the button, it will switch from white light to red. I really like the red setting for reading at night and not waking anyone up.
- It supposedly is waterproof. I've worn it in a few rain storms and have had no issues, but have never submerged it.
- Not really a con, but I have no use for the blinking settings on either of the light colors. Just a wasted function for me.
- Would like a little thicker headband
- I would like to have the ability to detach the headband so I could wash or replace it. Wearing this lamp daily with a bald head, this headband gets/got gross quickly and I would like to have the ability to get a new one. There's no way to remove it. This is a big bummer!
Overall, the pros substantially outweigh the few negatives and this headlamp is completely worth it. It is amazingly bright and a set of batteries last forever. Please Petzl just let me get a new headband... Even so, I still would completely recommend this unit.
I hope I have helped your purchasing decision of this product. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer, seller or any other product related company nor am I under any obligation to write this review. I do this for my own fun and to help others in the Amazon Community! Feel free to comment and let me know if I have helped you, and please note below if this review was able to help. If you should have any questions, please post them below in the Comments. I try to answer all inquires in a timely fashion to the best of my ability.
The only improvement I experienced with this headlamp is the ability to have a brighter output of light.
Lastly, other details I noticed that changed from previous versions:
Petzl emited the emergency whistle on the headband.
The headband cannot be replaced. It is stitched together and cannot be removed.
There is a long delay when turning the headlamp off.
This is the BEST because:
1. All 3 light levels of white light are very useful, nice shape beam, and NO STROBE EFFECT. and the low is quite low! Actually good for campsite close work and reading once your eyes adjust. Medium is very useful, and high is BRIGHT! I love the big & useful range.
2. I think the level of the RED light is perfect. I've used it in the backyard and walking in a park and on a beach and any dimmer would be unusable for me:) It's on the low light level end, but quite useful once your eyes adjust, and your night vision is great.
3. No leakage into my eyes (at least with the black case I bought)
I don't see any lower quality issues that others mention.
Compared to my old favorite trusty
Petzl Tikka XP 2 Headlamp (Graphite) - Updated Petzl that I paid $54.95
I loved my 2 tikka XP 2 updated with the pull down diffuser for wide flood light. But I seldom used the NARROW beam without the diffuser as it was just too narrow for anything but focussing on one tiny point. And I rarely used LOW light level as it was a SLOW STROBE that drives my brain crazy. (If you move your head it is flashing-