|Item model number||PH-TC14S|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.1 x 6.1 x 2.9 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.1 x 6.1 x 2.9 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR3 SDRAM|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Phanteks Slim Twin Tower Heatsinks, 140mm PWM CPU Cooling PH-TC14S
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Slim dual tower design. Better convective heat transfer. 2.83 inches in width and 6.3 inches in height. Slim Design. Six 6mm U-Type Nickel plated heat pipes with slim aluminum stacked fins. Improve heat distribution on the new aluminum fins
- 100% compatible with high VRM Modules and high RAM with heat sinks on newer motherboards. At only 2.83 inches in width, the PH-TC14S is designed specifically to follow INTEL's Keep-Out-Zone. Equipped with PH-F140HP II PWM High Static Pressure fan.
- New seven blade design. MVB II enhances thermal convection inside of the case. Upgradable to dual fans. Compatible with 120mm fans. Includes Fan accessories for two fans setup (compatible with both 140mm and 120mm Phanteks fans).
- Phanteks' patented P.A.T.S technology. Can withstand temperatures of up to 200 DegreeC. Increases cooling performance. Deflects other thermal radiation from other heat sources. Includes Solisku Bracket for easy installation & a direct contact with the CPU
- Compatible Intel LGA 2011/115X/1366/775, AMD FM1/FM2(+)/AM3(+)/AM2(+) (Stock back-plate required). PH-NDC is made of high purity Nano diamond-like particles. Superb quality thermal compound. Improves the thermal conductance between the components
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Phanteks Slim Twin Tower Heatsinks, 140mm PWM CPU Cooling PH-TC14S
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$7.36||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||CRYORIG Official Store||Ace Micros||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Nan's Gaming Gear|
|Item Dimensions||6.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 in||1.97 x 3.94 x 0.79 in||7 x 8.5 x 7 in||2 x 3.74 x 3.74 in||7.48 x 6.58 x 8.43 in||5.98 x 3.03 x 6.34 in|
Phanteks' PH-TC14S incorporates the dual tower design and performance of the PH-TC14PE but in a slimmer form. The new slim form eliminates the possibility of incompatible RAM and the motherboard's heat sink height. PH-TC14S's Six 6mm heat-pipes are linearly aligned and developed to have the least amount of air and thermal resistance and allows for optimal heat diffusion on fins for faster cooling.PH-TC14S includes PH-F140HP PWM ultra high static pressure Premium fans with new PH-F140HP fan blade design and allows for expansion to three PH-F140HP or any other 12025 fan for higher performance and/or silent operation.
Top customer reviews
1. Your motherboard is a high end component with a massive rear voltage regulator heat sink. This might work when using a 140mm fan but seemed to be too close for comfort during a test mount of the included fan instead requiring each of two fans (140mm) to be mounted off-center which is possible but may impact the overall clearance between the side panel and the fan. On the full size chassis pictured this is a non-issue.
2. You want three 140’s but your system incorporates ram modules with tall heat sinks. In this case a 140mm will fit, only if the fan is clipped on far off-center. Not really a viable option.
How it Works with a Triple Fan Setup-
Buy two same brand 120mm PWM units, and a triple head PWM fan splitter or two header splitter if your Motherboard already has two discrete CPU PWM fan Headers. In this case, one of the two fan headers will need to split, which may more may not agree with your BIOS fan support features and vanity ram features like lighting will be partially obscured.
The unit comes with two additional spring wires and small anchor clips which mount to the additional fans in the same manner as the supplied 140mm PWM fan. A problem exists here for a tri-fan setup since the extra clips (4) will only accommodate a second fan, not a third.
Install each of two 120mm fans to either side of the twin heat-sink tower risers, leaving the 140mm in the center default position. Optionally it may be possible to run two 140mm units centered over the cooling towers if your ram is very low profile.
Easy Installation Tips-
The instructions are explicit but may seem counterintuitive. This abridged version differs from the printed instructions and is as follows for AMD based systems installed in chassis with back plate access.
The unit delivers with a full tube of thermal compound, high quality screws, additional fan mount accessories and two installation kits for Intel or AMD based systems.
a.) For AMD systems the stock back plate is required, however by removing only one set of screws at a time from each motherboard fan mount block (one of two) then removing that item and installing the heat sinks metal anchor components (2) and spacers, the new bracket can be mounted quickly and avoids the back plate falling off during the process.
b.) Instead of applying the heat sink thermal compound to the CPU face, apply it according to directions to the heat sinks mating face.
c.) Finally, you can now press the retaining screws down until they catch the threads on the mount brackets.
Overall it does a great job but the triple fan setup claim requires some extraordinary considerations as illustrated. Like zip ties and magic for the third member.
I setup a custom fan curve in my motherboards UEFI, so my idling temps are kind of high. but that's the price you pay for silence and wow this thing is quiet! According to MSI Command Center while I was writing this review my CPU temperature was at 40 degrees Celsius, While the fan was BARELY spinning at 292 rpm!
My case sits on my desk about 18 inches away from me, but it is perfectly silent. I have the fan profile running on low RPM`s and the idle temps are approximately 34C at the slowest/lowest settings. If I raised the speed I could keep temps around 28C, but I like the silence.
If your need narrow, but have the height in your case to fit this cooler, then it is a must-buy. Check your cases clearance, verify the coolers height, then buy it. Buy it!