Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 398 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 819 reviews
on April 5, 2017
I like very much this wonderful music. I saw the play 3 times in Pittsburgh and NYC and I enjoy to listen over and over again the music.
I must add that I got also the movie done in 2004 by Joel Schumacher with Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum and Patrick Wilson and I find this also beautiful with Butler projecting a very powerful and passionate performance even if not a trained opera singer.
I would advice anyone that likes opera to buy the movie and the original opera!
on June 24, 2016
Twenty years ago, took the family to see the theater production of 'Phantom of the Opera'. We loved it! Purchased the double cassette set for home listening. Found it was the perfect choice for long family car trips: with many miles left to drive, the kids would quiet down and relax, privately envisioning stage scenes recalled from the theater production. Decades later, in midst of a road trip with my spouse, we thought back to our years of listening to 'Phantom of the Opera' while driving. We'd stopped listening to it when technology evolved, making cassette tapes obsolete. The old memories prompted me to purchase this new CD set, which enables use during road trips of our current decade. It is the same recording as we previously had on tape, so I know we'll enjoy it. Recommend it to anyone else who enjoyed the 'Phantom of the Opera' theater production.
on June 28, 2015
One of the best musicals of all time! (Truly, coming from someone that loves most musicals of any sort).

Several shows release multiple cast versions over the years that make it difficult to decide which one you like best. Phantom is one of the few that isn't difficult--stick with this original London cast (I consider the film soundtrack as something separate, but it's also really great). I grew up with the truncated CD that was "Highlights" from this recording & never saw the show live, so when I finally was able to get this version it filled in the several gaps created by not hearing all the songs together.

**This item isn't a special edition of any kind, just the complete 2 disc version. The photo erroneously depicts it as the 25th anniversary edition, which is part of the deluxe boxed set. The real product doesn't have that seal on the cover or any additional material.
on December 4, 2015
Hear sound on the youtube videos much better. Quality seems low budget. When most of these songs play next in the playlists, the sound has to be turned all the way up just to know theres a song playing. Then back down like half way through these songs. At least for this phone. The only other songs to do this as well is The soundtrack for Moulin Rouge. Would give a lower rating but its impossible to give low stars for Phantom of the Opera! lol Some songs are right on point. Just gonna accept this flaw...
But in case this is something you want to avoid before purchasing, look elsewhere first ;-)
on January 1, 2015
My husband and I saw Phantom when we were dating over 18 years ago. Now that we have been married over 16 years it finally made it back to New Orleans. I should have bought the soundtrack and the dvd when they were here, but it was crowded. Anyway, My husband and Son LOVED it so much that they kept singing it off and on for two weeks after, even during our recent trip to Disney. Well, I looked for it local and nothing. I ordered this for Christmas along with the DVD. My husband thought this was the best ever gift, loll....and not so high priced. You get to the point in life where you just get something for a memory or to remind you of a great time. Thank you Amazon for having both available. We enjoyed it a bunch. Great vocals.
on August 5, 2007
I ordered this CD set after seeing the play in London and realising that I had forgotten many of the details of the stage production after having seen it in San Francisco at least 10 years ago. This 2-CD set is a faithful rendition of virtually all of the musical elements of the stage production, not just the signature songs. I'm enjoying playing the CD set over and over because it keeps the plot of the musical fresh in my mind. And, of course, the overture and famous songs from The Phantom will make you crank up the volume and sing out loud. It helps me to recall the fabulous, engaging, magical experience of seeing the production live in London.
on July 14, 2016
Sarah Brightman... you cannot go wrong.
on January 3, 2015
I was fortunate to see aproduction of the play and was thrilled to do so..Have been in love with it ever since i saw it...I love everything about it..
But the thing that i love the most is the music..Its fantastic..Its one of the better written musicals if not the best that has been written in the last
50 years..Everyone i know and talk too im always singing the praises of the show and urging them to see the show if they ever have a chance to see it..I bought this cd for my mom as gift for xmas cuz she also saw the musical and feels the same way i do about it..She was thrilled to receive it and is very happy with the cd..Especially since it was the original london cast..
on April 28, 2017
Phenominal! Michael Crawford is so perfect as the Phantom. His voice is incomparable in this role.
The music of Andrew Lloyd Webber is so soulful and beautiful it is hard to find anything negative about the opera.
on March 6, 2016
This is the best version of this amazing opera. I have seen the awesome live stage version in Toronto and the soundtrack still moves me to this day. Add this to your collection immediately.