The Phantom of the Opera (Widescreen Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Phantom of the Opera (DVD) (WS)
Deep in the passageways below the Paris Opera lives a lonely, talented, horribly disfigured man who revels in terrorizing the theater's employees as The Phantom of the Opera. But when the masked Phantom sees young Christine Daaé, his heart melts. He secretly trains her, transforms her into a star ... and loves her. But when she cannot return his affection, as her heart already belongs to another, all the pain that the Phantom has held within is revealed with horrifying results.]]>
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
However, I think its worth noting that the music and sound effects overlay is top-notch. On a 5.1 sound system of any worth, it really shines. This DVD is among the finest of any 5.1 presentation I've seen as it smartly uses all speakers in the manner they were meant to be employed. It brings you into the atmosphere of the film without tempting you to look over your shoulder at the speakers behind you.
Like any movie there is good and bad in it. Unfortunately there was too much bad to make this a 5 star movie. So in this review I've put some of bad that made the review 4 stars. But don't worry I've also included the good.
1. Why is Christine in a white dress during "Think of Me?" That was Empress Elisabeth of Austria's dress that was made for her portrait by Fanz Xavier Winterhalter not for an opera and her dress didn't go with opera she was in.
2. When we do see the phantom's face it is not very deformed. Everyone makes a big deal of his face and then when you see it your like. "Wow, is that the best they could do?" It doesn't scare you or faze you like it should.
3. Emmy Rossum (Christine) gives no emotion to her character. She has a dreamy or surprised look throughout most of the movie. And when Raoul is in danger she does nothing but stands there horrified and quite when really most people would try to do something.
Now for the good.
1. The very begin with the chandelier rising, is spectacular. The music and the color are wonderful.
2. The music throughout the whole movie is beautiful, and amazing. It really helps you connect with the movie.
3. The singing is gorgeous and allows you to really understand the character.
4. When the Phantom and Christine interact together you can see the harmony between them.
Well I hope this helped you deicide weather or not to buy this movie.