Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See both reviews
on June 1, 2010
I bought mant things from Amazon but this is my first review for a product.

I bought this Windows Mobile PDA about a month ago to replace my old PalmOne Zire 31. Basically I wanted to have a organizer with office functions so that I could do some office work on road. I also needed a wireless connection for me to check emails outside of my office. Of course, laptop can do these jobs but it is not convenient to carry on all the time. This product is very good to serve my purposes. It can creat and edit Word and Exel files; it can also do slide show of PowerPoint but can not edit PP files. I tried to use ShowMate to perform a slide show in a projector and this device did connect with the ShowMate via bluetooth and project the slides onto the projector. However, the connection between the PDA and ShowMate is not stable and easy to be lost. Also, the PDA was freezen frequently during slode show onto the projector. I updated the firmware of the ShowMate and expect the connection could be more stable but have not tried yet.

Internet connection through wi-fi is good and easy for low security network. I can easily connect with the wireless at my home (DSL), in hotels and coffee shops. But the biggest downside for wireless connection is that this device does not support WPA2-enterprise, AES and PEAP wireless connection which is a popular highly secured wireless network in most universities including my university. I asked our university IT people for help and they spent more than two hours on it but it could not connect with our wireless network. I contacted the tech support of Pharos and they said they are working on this issue. After extensive research on this issue, I found this seems a common issue for Windows Mobile devices. Hopefully they can solve this problem very soon.

A nice feature of this device is the GPS capability. It has build-in GPS but no software provided. I bought a third-party software (Navigon MobileNavigator 7) and it worked nicely in this PDA. I am pretty satisfied on the GPS function. It can even detect GPS signal inside buildings where my regular car GPS could not. So the sensitivity is very good but it takes several minutes to obtain the signal when inside the buildings.

Overall, it is a good product but do not expect to replace your laptop with this PDA, especially for presentations using PowerPoint.
on August 18, 2015
Works as described. Ruggedly built, already survived 1 tumble off of a ladder. The IRDA works very well in a variety of lighting conditions and the Bluetooth radio is quite strong.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question