- Series: Landmarks
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: The History Press; 1 edition (May 14, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626190828
- ISBN-13: 978-1626190825
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (25 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#845,674 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #309 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Administration & Policy > Hospital Administration & Care
- #411 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Special Topics > History
- #567 in Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Hospital Administration
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Philadelphia State Hospital at Byberry: A History of Misery and Medicine (Landmarks) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
J.P. Webster is an avid Philadelphia historian, amateur photographer and urban explorer. His photos have been published in the Northeast Times, City Paper, Philadelphia Inquirer, and the Germantown Crier. John is a member of the Northeast Philadelphia and Frankford Historical Societies.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Although the history wasn't always bearable to read, it was very well written. Maybe it appealed to me so much was because I lived so close.