Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on October 7, 2010
I bought this 6 months ago, and haven't had any issues with it like others have described.
This was purchased as a bedroom TV (no surround sound, video game console, etc. - just FiOS) and I got it due to the very low price compared to others for a 1080p display. The picture is amazingly clear and bright. The only downside, which some others have commented on, is the piano-black finish that seems to show dust a little more than similar items with a matte finish - but that's a very minor issue - just dust it :)
Some others have complained about the sound quality, but it seems fine and plenty loud to me, but again it's just in my bedroom.
Overall, very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend it.
on January 10, 2010
I was a little leary about buying a Phillips LCD,so I went to a local box store and looked it over.
I was amazed at the clarity and presentation of the picture.Awesome color acuracy and detail almost rivaling my Samsung
42" which costs $1700.00.Everything about this TV is simply outstanding..except for the sound which isnt that great on my
Samsung either...but it goes thru a home theater surround system anyway)I think this Phillips TV cost me $668.00
no tax and shipped free....you cant beat that! I have a JCV BLU RAY DVD hooked up to this Phillips and its just as
awesome as the picture on my Samsung which has BLU RAY DVD hooked up to it also.For less than half the price of the
Samsung I have a great 42" LCD in my bedroom now.If you get the chance buy one of these bad boys and save yourself
a few hundred bucks over the price of SAMSUNGS AND SONYS.Although Samsungs and Sonys have more buttons,bells and whistles
the final picture is just as good....go check one out for yourself
on February 18, 2016
Superb TV for the price!
on April 19, 2011
This was a price point purchase. Very pleased with the quality although sports and fast moving video games are not as clear as one would hope. Philips technical support is very good. The base is flimsy which isn't safe with young kids. Wall mount is the best way to watch this TV.
on June 7, 2010
TV looks wonderful and everything just works! What can I say for the price it is well worth it. I cannot comment on the sound since I have had it hooked up to a surround sound system since day one.
on March 18, 2010
the picture is great on this tv, im suprised how great this looks for a tv i spent $600 on to my door. my only complaint so far is that theres only 1 set of component inputs and no vga input. other than that it a great tv and a super price.
on December 18, 2009
The picture is sharp and impressive. Coming from a 720p TV I wasn't sure if there would be a big improvement. I was impressed. Highly recommended. Go buy it!
on February 3, 2010
When the tv came, the delivery man not only delivered it, he unpacked it and set it up for me.
The tv is great! I especially like the fact that the commercials are not louder than the tv shows!
on March 8, 2010
The picture sucks so bad and the sound goes out. This TV irritates me so much. Philips will be hearing from me tomorrow, I've called twice.
on November 16, 2009
I received this television and in less than 24 hours the sound went out. I did contact Philips and they located a service man to come out and diagnose the problem, which by then had no picture as well as no sound. In all fairness, I must say that Philips told me from the beginning that if it couldn't be repaired, they would replace it or refund my money. I did contact the seller and asked if losing the sound was a existing problem to which they promptly replied and said no. I do believe them. I have also been contacted every couple of days by the seller to ask if I had received service and if the problem had been resolved. I must say that I was surprised to receive their response as I had assumed that once I purchased the television they would not bother to respond. I must say that the problem was never with the seller but I can only assume with the television itself. I was also refunded a substantial amount of my purchase price in a show of good business and professionalism by the seller. I can only emphatically say that I have had nothing but excellent dealings with the sellers I have purchased from on Amazon.com.