Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on September 18, 2013
I used three of these bulbs in my vanity light fixture that hangs low over my wood medicine cabinet. The light gives off a lot of light in my small bathroom as well as a lot of heat. I'm concerned what will happen to the wood and the contents of the cabinet if exposed to the heat overtime. My bathroom get a lot of sunlight so I only need light on cloudy days and at night. Thank goodness the bulbs are dimmable so I keep them turned down which lowers the amount of heat coming from them. May have to try LED lights to take advantage of the full light my vanity has to offer.
on March 20, 2010
Ok, having a 100W "natural" incandescent light was important to me. This leaves only a few options, the most common of which is GE Reveal. They're cheap, they're at every hardware store, and for a switched light fixture, they're great. I use Lutron dimmers everywhere in my house. GE Reveal filaments emit a really annoying ringing noise when dimmed. I went through pretty much every type of 100W neodymium bulb made before I found these EcoVantage bulbs. Completely silent, amazing color, and equivalent lumens as a 100W with only 72W of draw. But for me, that's only a bonus! If you've kept your dimmer all the way up because you don't like the ringing of your bulbs, give these a try! Philips Natural bulbs are where it's at. Unfortunately, they're not available at brick and mortar stores, and they're expensive as all getup at $4/bulb on Amazon. But for me? Worth it.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2014
I really hate curly cuw bubls!!! Why? They buzz at an annoying subliminal level. They have mercury in them which is poisonous and not sustainable in our sensitive wooded environment. Having to drive 18 miles to town at $5 a trip is not worthwhile to dispose of these at the electric company. I am thoroughly willing to pay a little more for these to have their safety and shine in my home. The natural light is also a nice plus in our long rainy months on the western coast. I would certainly purchase these again. I find I do prefer the more expensive longlasting LED bulbs to these and am slowly replacing these in my home and purchasing them one a month. Meanwhile these will do until my whole home is LED lighted. LED lights do not buzz or him, they are much brighter and cheerier than any others, and their draw on the electricity is minimal.
on July 11, 2013
For years, it's annoyed me that when I have one of our lights dimmed from the dimmer switch, it makes a very high-pitched whistling sound. It's possible that only dogs - and I - can hear it. But it's there and it makes me nuts. So I always turned the light all the way on or completely off - which made the dimmer feature pointless. After years of this, someone told me that there are bulbs made specifically for dimmers. I didn't believe it would make a difference but I decided to give it a shot. Wow! No more noise! They work! There is a difference - but who knew? Not I. Well, now I know. And now I actually dim the lights!
on December 16, 2014
Was not very happy with it !! Bulbs are good but what i was looking for was a Daylight (Wight) bulbs, there are still yellow
I had also asked question, people told me that they are wight bulbs, but they are not !!
on May 3, 2013
Used it with Ikea dimmable lamps and Ikea dimmer. Works really well. Nice brightness when turned all the way up.

I wish it would go a bit more dim toward the lowest setting but that could be the Ikea dimmer also... Can't really tell.. Because it serves the purpose for which it was bought perfectly, I have to give it 5 stars.
on December 15, 2012
I keep these light bulbs in reading lamps and in any places where daylight is preferred. I know they say studies show that incandescent light bulbs burn out quickly, but I don't remember replacing one of these. I am buying ahead while I can get them since they give out beautiful light. Someone in a review compared them to GE Reveal, but they cannot really be compared expect to say they are nothing alike.
If you try these, note the difference in the light as it comes through a lampshade--the brightness and color.
on June 19, 2014
Looks nice when it's on, but lasted 3 days in a vanity fixture where it is mounted bulb side down; no dimmer, just on. I just replaced the first bulb with another bulb, I'll follow up if the next one lasts longer than 3 days. Not impressed so far; a $5 bulb shouldn't burn out after 20 hours.
on April 25, 2016
Excellent product. I hold it over my head and turn it on when ever I get an idea (once a month or so). I expect it to last for a good while.
on November 28, 2011
I've been using these bulbs for awhile now, the color is nice, and the usually last quite awhile and save energy which is nice. Only complaint is that sometimes they are hard to screw in - I think it is a sloppy soldering issue on the base which sometimes leaves beads of solder which get in the way. I'd say I've had the problem with almost half of the ones we've used - if you wiggle it around enough and use some muscle to screw it in it will go all the way in eventually, but it isn't always easy. Other than that, I like having an alternative to regular incandescents and flourescents.