Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Philips Airfryer, The Original Airfryer with Bonus..." and save 52% off the $249.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Major Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Philips Airfryer, The Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat, Black HD9220/28
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Air is the new oil! Fry and cook healthier food with up to 75% less fat.
- Fastest and most even cooking thanks to the unique and patented starfish design.
- Cook more food in the large 28 oz frying basket.
- This exclusive Amazon bundle includes the Philips Airfryer cookbook with 150 recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert and more!
- Philips Airfryer is the world’s #1 Airfryer with over 8 Million units sold. 100% taste satisfaction.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Air is the new oil, and now with the Philips Airfryer you can fry more healthfully with up to 75%* less fat.
With the Philips Airfryer you can fry your favorite foods with a tablespoon of oil or less. The unique and patented starfish design circulates hot air around the entire unit, ensuring all food is cooked evenly. Food comes out crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. The Airfryer can do more than just fry; it grills, roasts, steams and even bakes so you have more options when feeding your family and entertaining guests.
Gordon Ramsay, the Michelin-star chef and restaurateur, has teamed up with Philips Airfryer and created healthy chef quality dishes that are both fast and delicious. 'The original and the best. It’s just like having my own little sous chef that doesn’t talk back.' – Gordon Ramsay.
Philips Airfryer At-a-Glance
- Fries, bakes, grills and roasts food using a tablespoon or less of oil
- Set the cooking time and temperature
- Shuts off automatically and alerts you when food is ready
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Includes recipe book and free app with more than 150 recipes
- *IEH Philips Airfryer Study March 2014
Gordon Ramsay Approved Results
'Cooking healthy shouldn’t mean sacrificing taste. My family and I love using the Philips Airfryer because its unique starfish design makes dishes taste great with amazing texture. Air is the new oil, and this time-saving tool stays in our kitchen. It’s just like having my own little sous chef that doesn’t talk back.' - Gordon Ramsay.
100% Taste Satisfaction, Fast Results
Only the Philips Airfryer has the patented starfish design in its basket, cooking your food evenly for 100% taste satisfaction every time. It is not an Airfryer without a starfish.
Oh the possibilities
A range of accessories allows you to bake, grill, roast and steam making this kitchen appliance a one-stop shop for all your cooking needs. And with all dishwasher safe parts, cleanup is a breeze.
150 recipes available in the free Philips Airfryer app.
Chef Designed Recipes
Enjoy 5 exclusive Gordon Ramsay recipes designed specifically for the Philips Airfryer. Treat yourself and your family to gourmet Turkey Sliders or a Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad. See links below for the real recipes.
|Viva HD9220||Viva Gift Bundle HD9220||Viva Digital HD9230||Avance XL HD9240|
|Colors||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White|
|Capacity||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||2.65 lbs (2 bags of French fries)|
|Timer||30 minutes||30 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Included||Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes||Exclusive cookbook w/ BONUS 150 Airfryer recipes||BONUS Double Layer Rack accessory Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes||Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes|
Compare with similar items
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
Philips HD9621/99 Airfryer, Viva Turbo Star, Black (Ffp), Black Analog with Cookbook
Philips XL Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat, Black, HD9240/94
BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer, Black/Stainless Steel, HF110SBD
GoWISE USA 3.7-Quart 7-in-1 Programmable Air Fryer + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book, GW22621
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Black||Black Analog with Cookbook||New||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||13.78 x 13.78 x 15.08 in||12.5 x 13.5 x 11.5 in||13.62 x 13.62 x 14.13 in||12.4 x 16.65 x 11.89 in||9.84 x 11.06 x 11.46 in||8.5 x 9 x 12 in|
|Item Weight||16.36 lbs||—||15.08 lbs||18.98 lbs||—||12 lbs|
Air is the new oil, and now with the Philips Airfryer you can fry more healthfully with up to 75% less fat. With the Philips Airfryer you can fry your favorite foods with a tablespoon of oil or less. The unique and patented starfish design circulates hot air around the entire unit, ensuring all food is cooked evenly. Food comes out crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. The Airfryer can do more than just fry; it grills, roasts, steams and even bakes so you have more options when feeding your family and entertaining guests.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pass this suggestion forward!
Things you need to know:
1. This item is best suited to cook frozen fries and other frozen foods. It does this job well. The fries taste similar to what can be done from a deep fryer, and definitely better then a regular conventional oven (though I dont use "convection baking", so I cant speak to its comparison with convection)
2. Its built well and easy to clean up. Compared to deep frying, there is a night and day difference. No mess, minimal smell (as much as normal cooking)
3. Its size is not as big as people may make you think, its smaller than a Kitchenaid mixer. Also in terms of noise, its not silent but if you are alone without background noise (music or TV), there is the noise of the fan which is noticeable, but not a problem
4. This is ideal for 1-2 up to 3 people for snacks. You cannot feed a family without doing multiple batches. The amount of fries that can be cooked at one time seems to be the same as two medium orders at a fast food chain.
What I have cooked:
Frozen fries - great, as advertised
Frozen samosas (Indian savory pastry) - initially turned out ok initially without any manipulation, but brushed with some olive oil prior to cooking and turned out great, similar to frying
Frozen popcorn chicken - great
Fresh Chicken wings - this is what sold me on this machine. Just take fresh wings from the grocery store and brush with some olive oil, cook for 18 minutes on 350-390 with a shake half way, plate and pour on your favorite warmed wing sauce. Definitely as good as doing it in the deep fryer in terms of crisp on on the outside and tender inside, superior to baking as well (conventional baking). However, this does create some smoke but if you pour out the oil (the extra oil just from the chicken itself that comes from cooking) at the time you shake you will avoid the smoke. This makes 8 wings easily, could probably make 12 easily as well without stacking. and I am also thinking of getting the layering rack when the price goes down.
In regards to home made fries - i have not tried this, and it seems like it would be time consuming based off the various recipes because of all the soaking etc that you need to do. Also wet batters dont seem like they would work well in this either.
Overall, I think this is a good product and best suited for 1-2 people who are looking for easy ways to cook frozen foods that turn out as good and way less oil compared to deep frying, and would be great for kids who want to eat frozen foods and maintain that high quality crunch. Some foods you cannot substitute for deep frying, and there is a whole range of items of fresh foods that I have not tried yet due to time constraints. However, the price point remains high for this product, and think that it would sell better if it was around $150.
Feel free to ask my questions etc, and am excited to see all the various items I can make in this machine. Essentially it can work as a toaster or small oven as well, but I have not used it for this purpose yet.
Is you will be pulling it constantly as your constant go to...as fast as you can do the prep work for the dish it will cook in the same amount of time - I've cooked super crispy panko chicken, shirred eggs in turkey bacon, stuffed mushrooms, sweet potato fries, pizza bread
Most recent customer reviews
many attachments are able to be bought for this