Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Philips XL Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry He..." and save 56% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Philips XL Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat, Black, HD9240/94
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rapid air technology circulates hot air with speed and precision
- Smart preset button that memorizes the setting for your favorite food
- Large 2.65-Lb. Cooking capacity is the perfect capacity to Feed 4 people
- Digital touchscreen interface lets you easily customize the setting to cook your food exactly as you want
- Removable nonstick drawer and food basket are dishwasher safe
- Power: 1750 W
- Voltage :120V
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Air is the new oil, and now with the Philips Airfryer you can fry more healthfully with up to 75% less fat.
With the Philips Airfryer you can fry your favorite foods with a tablespoon of oil or less. The unique and patented starfish design circulates hot air around the entire unit, ensuring all food is cooked evenly. Food comes out crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside.
The Airfryer can do more than just fry; it grills, roasts, steams and even bakes so you have more options when feeding your family and entertaining guests.
Gordon Ramsay, the Michelin-star chef and restaurateur, has teamed up with Philips Airfryer and created healthy chef quality dishes that are both fast and delicious.
Philips Digital Airfryer At-a-Glance
- Fries, grills, bakes, and roasts food using a tablespoon or less of oil
- Digital Touchscreen Interface
- 60 Minute Timer
- Adjustable temperature up to 390 degrees
- Dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning
- Includes recipe book and free app with more than 150 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay Approved Results
“Cooking healthy shouldn’t mean sacrificing taste. My family and I love using the Philips Airfryer because its unique starfish design makes dishes taste great with amazing texture. Air is the new oil, and this time-saving tool stays in our kitchen. It’s just like having my own little sous chef that doesn’t talk back.” - Gordon Ramsay.
100% Taste Satisfaction, Fast Results
Only the Philips Airfryer has the patented starfish design in its basket, cooking your food evenly for 100% taste satisfaction every time. It is not an Airfryer without a starfish.
Oh the possibilities
A range of accessories allows you to bake, grill, roast and steam making this kitchen appliance a one-stop shop for all your cooking needs. And with all dishwasher safe parts, cleanup is a breeze!
150 recipes available in the free Philips Airfryer app.
Chef Designed Recipes
Enjoy 5 exclusive Gordon Ramsay recipes designed specifically for the Philips Airfryer. Treat yourself and your family to gourmet Turkey Sliders or a Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad. See links below for the real recipes.
Gordon Ramsay Recipes for the Philips Airfryer
Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad
Chili and Coffee Rubbed Ribeye
Kale and Chicken Salad
|Viva HD9220||Viva Gift Bundle HD9220||Viva Digital HD9230||Avance XL HD9240|
|Colors||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White|
|Capacity||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||1.75 lbs (1 bag of French fries)||2.65 lbs (2 bags of French fries)|
|Timer||30 minutes||30 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Included||Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes||Exclusive cookbook w/ BONUS 150 Airfryer recipes||Bonus Double Layer Rack accessory Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes||Recipe booklet w/ 25 Airfryer recipes|
Compare to similar items
This item Philips XL Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat, Black, HD9240/94
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Libey & Little||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12.4 x 16.65 x 11.89 in||13.62 x 13.62 x 14.13 in||15.2 x 15.2 x 15.2 in||15.35 x 15.35 x 14.88 in||11.75 x 19.1 x 15.6 in||15.35 x 15.35 x 14.88 in|
|Item Weight||18.98 lbs||15.08 lbs||15.4 lbs||18.85 lbs||—||18.85 lbs|
With the Philips Air fryer, you can Eat healthier without giving up the taste and Texture of your favorite foods. Using its unique rapid air technology, the Air fryer fries, bakes, roasts and grills with a tablespoon or less of oil making it a perfect solution for fast and healthy meals and snacks.
Top customer reviews
I am attaching pictures that show the size of the standard tray for a Airfyer XL. The plate is 7-3/4 inches square. In these pictures I made BBQ Chicken Wings and Sweet Potato Fries. Both items were frozen prior to putting them in the Airfryer. I used my own BBQ sauce, did nothing to the fries. The fries cook for 10 minutes and the wings for a total of 24 minutes. Fries were crisp and the wings were tasty and moist. I used the airfryer double rack accessory Philips HD9905/00 Airfryer Double Layer Rack with Skewers for Avance, X-Large, Silver that I bought separate since I was cooking two items at once. You have to lay down the fries lengthwise so they don't slip through the rack. I gave a friend some chicken wings and he literally said, "These are really really good." Needless, to say he is actually purchasing a Philips Airfyer as well now. I used frozen chicken wings with Target's brand Archer Farms Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce. Put the sauce on the frozen chicken wings as the sauce immediately sticks to the chicken wings as it is frozen. Then cook for 10 minutes at 360 and then turn add a little more sauce and cook for 10 more minutes at 360...crisp, delicious, tasty, moist wings. I have never eaten so many chicken wings in my life...but I crave them now and so do my friends.
UPDATE: I have used this product extensively for some time and what I have noticed happen on occasion so just be aware of it. If you pause your cooking session to say flip over the chicken, etc. if you take too long, the time will reset. It will still have your settings, but if you are cooking for 24 minutes and you pause at 10 minutes to flip over your food the machine has been known to go back to 24 minutes when you resume cooking. It doesn't do it every time so I am assuming it is based on the length of time it is on pause? not sure. But, I have noticed this to occur 2-3 times so far out of numerous times I have used it.
Depending on what you cook such as BBQ Chicken Wings it is not so easy to clean the trays as you will see in the pictures, but I like the way the chicken wings come out so for me it is worth it. It hasn't deterred me from using it.
Here is using the grill tray Philips HD9911/90 Airfryer Grill Pan for Avance, X-Large, Black with the double rack in the XL Airfryer doing fresh halibut. Yummy, came out perfectly cooked and flaky. You can grill it for 10 minutes at 360 or less at 390.
-We have it on the counter beside the range and turn the vent fan on; no smoke, no odours.
- We soak the basket in the pan filled with soapy water while we are eating, give it a quick once over with a soft kitchen brush, or sponge, rinse it and reassemble it. It is a lot faster and easier than washing multiple pans and baking dishes.
-We bought the XL model. Although there are only 2 of us I am glad we did so. You couldn't get a 5 pound chicken in a smaller one. Tonight we are cooking pork chops and sweet potatoes and will have great left-overs for tomorrows lunches
- It might use a lot of electricity, but it is much less than warming up an oven and frypan. It is economical to operate.
Is it a healthier way of cooking? Probably, but who cares? I can prepare a full course meal in less than an hour, it tastes great and there is very little clean-up!!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE French Fries - so much so, I've used a deep fryer to make them in my house for years. But eventually, dealing with the fryer and hot oil got to be a pain, and I ran across an ad for the Philips Airfryer in the Williams-Sonoma catalog....so I was intrigued. The online reviews seemed very positive for the most part, but in all honesty aren't detailed enough. So I am going to be keeping this appliance, but in doing so am accepting its pretty significant limitations - and here's my detailed analysis, based on two weeks of usage and experimentation.
• I can make a lot of frozen French fries in this and they come out absolutely delicious - crisp, tasty, perfectly browned. However, if I want them to turn out well, it's better to buy the crinkle (or spiral) cut variety because they don't stick together and can be tossed by taking out the basket and giving it a quick shake, which means that the fries really don't stick at all. This beats even my deep fryer where there is always some sticking
• Its easy to pull the basket out while Airfyer is running to check the food without fear of being burned, though there's a button to pause the cooking cycle too
• Breaded items cook well, such as frozen chicken nuggets, Mozzarella sticks, egg rolls, dumplings, etc. They all turn out pretty darn good, although you should do some experimentation with cooking times as what's printed on the bag doesn't always correlate too well with the Airfryer cooking times, which are generally shorter
• Prepared from scratch items can be cooked quite well too...some chicken kabobs turned out well, grilled sandwiches were great, and breaded chicken breasts were a real treat
• Generally anything that can be prepared in an oven or fryer can be adapted to cook in this appliance, but it's not a straightforward translation from oven or fryer to Airfryer - there is a learning curve
• The Airfryer seems well engineered and is very lightweight - the cord tucks into a compartment for storage
• The basket and pan have a nonstick coating and clean up easily with a brush or in the dishwasher
• There is a learning curve, and the appliance itself can work against the best of plans due to some design flaws
• The basket it comes with can hold enough frozen French fries to feed a family of five. However, to make enough breaded chicken breasts for a family, it's necessary to do it in shifts, as there's no way to "stack" food in the basket. This is a real oversight and a waste of energy - I should be able to stack two or three layers of food flat - there's an optional grill pan and kabob rack that allows you to stack a few things, but that adds $29 to the cost of the Airfryer and it should have been included, as well as the optional grill pan which adds another $49 to the cost
• The Airfryer is enormous. It's as big as a professional espresso machine and quite tall, so some significant counter space is required. Since it mostly hollow inside, I think it could have been designed to come apart for storage - that would be a nice improvement
• When making breaded items from scratch, not frozen, a small amount of the breading will be "exhaled" out the exhaust of the Airfyer. It's not terribly difficult to clean, but I am wondering why there's no filter tray or internal basket to catch those particles, which also get wedged in around the edges of where the control panel sits. I was not even able to remove all those particles with a toothbrush
If you want to make French fries without oil for your family, this Airfryer is perfection. That perfection extends to frozen snacks - small pizzas, pizza rolls, Mozzarella sticks, frozen dumplings, etc but really ends in a fairly steep learning curve if preparing breaded items from scratch. I am also surprised there's not an optional popcorn tray as well.
So if you buy an Airfryer, you must love French fries. If you don't, you probably should think carefully about whether or not to buy one.
For more post-purchase information, please check the comments on this review.
Most recent customer reviews
I don't even have to turn my meat. Chicken wings are the best.Read more