Philips CSS2123B/F7 Soundbar with Subwoofer (Black)
|Price:||$308.51 + $10.49 shipping|
- Length & Power Output: 28-inch 60 W (2.1 channels) - ideal for 32-inch and larger TVs
- Subwoofer: Wired
- Connectivity: None
- Wall Mountable: No; Remote Included: Yes
- Inputs: 1 digital optical; 1 digital coaxial
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Experience movies, sports, and TV shows in virtual surround sound with the SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers from Philips. Featuring a compact soundbar designed to sit in front of your TV and a subwoofer, this system can be used with DVD players, gaming consoles, and other devices. It also has a Music iLink jack for your iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 player, or laptop. Virtual surround sound technology delivers superb audio, while DoubleBASS re-creates the deepest bass tones. The SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers greatly enhance sound on your TV for any source input or content.
Compact soundbar delivers clear dialogue and rich audio with deep bass tones. View larger.
Virtual surround sound technology offers premium audio with less components. View larger.
Virtual Surround Sound for Movies and More
The SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers feature Philips virtual surround sound technology for clear dialogue and rich audio--ideal if you're watching a movie, ballgame, or TV show. This sound technology replicates the sonic characteristics that occur in a 5.1-channel environment. The result is true-to-life surround sound without extra speakers.
DoubleBASS Technology for Fuller, Deeper Bass
Thanks to integrated DoubleBASS technology, the SoundBar captures low frequencies and re-creates them in the audible range of the subwoofer, ensuring that you hear the deepest bass tones.
Connect iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Laptop
The speaker system is equipped with a convenient Philips Music iLink jack that allows you to play music directly from your iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 player, or laptop through a simple wired connection. No matter what the source, the SoundBar produces exceptional audio.
Product and Warranty Information
The soundbar measures 1.85 by 27.87 by 2.56 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 2.3 pounds. The subwoofer measures 11.61 by 6.49 by 9.45 inches (H x W x D and weighs 5.7 pounds. The system comes with a remote control.
The Philips SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers are backed by a one-year limited warranty.
Philips is committed to understanding and meeting the needs and desires of its customers. This is why Philips creates cutting-edge products that are user friendly. With 60,000 registered patents, Philips is a global leader in innovation, receiving numerous international design awards every year.
What's in the Box
Soundbar, subwoofer, remote control with battery, power cord, quick start guide, and warranty information.
CSS2123/F7 SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers (Pair)
At a Glance:
- Philips virtual surround sound for clear dialogue and rich audio
- DoubleBASS technology captures deep bass tones
- Music iLink jack for iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 player, or laptop
- System includes soundbar and subwoofer
- One-year limited warranty
Link jack allows you to play music directly from your iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 player, or laptop through a simple wired connection. View larger.
More Philips Home Theater Products
Top Customer Reviews
So having this hooked to my Apple TV, I have watched both movies and TV with this system and it feels like I am sitting right in the middle of a theater. The sound is clean and crisp, and the bass is amazing. There is someone else in a review here that said it does not get loud enough, although I have a completely different opinion about that. This gets very loud and it's in a fairly large family room.
I am going to specify the audio inputs here in this review since it was not evident in the specs or description and I know some of you may be looking for an HDMI input. Unfortunately, this does not have an HDMI input, although it does have the following:
- 1 Digital Optical
- 1 Coaxial
- 1 Aux Audio
So you can hook up to 3 units to this system. The remote it comes with has a button for Optical, Aux and Coaxial so if you have 3 different units hooked up that use this sound, you just push the button on the remote to change the source.
I can say that this is the best $100 I have spent on any sound system. It can turn any room into an instant theater with minimal wires and cables. This was also a huge plus for me.Read more ›
SO... I grab an optical cable (you can also use the standard RCA type, red and white cables), head home, hook it up in 2 minutes and... um... WOW!!! Really??? Big, full, clear, remarkable sound! Nice deep lows (adjustable), great midrange and wonderful highs (adjustable)... all with PLENTY of volume. It has surround sound (simulated) which you can also turn off. Very helpful for things such as music videos etc.
In summary, this thing isn't going anywhere except right where it is... in front of my 42" LG. EXCELLENT product for the money. Don't blow a bunch of money senselessly on some of the "big" names in audio until you've given this a shot. Happy listening! :)
1. 2-Channel and Simulated Surround: The sound, when not even using the simulated surround affect, sounds great. I prefer it to the simulated surround. I mean, it does it's best. Surround is hard to replicate. But it does a fab job trying. They are getting better at it, but it's not quite there yet. You have to try to find the sweet spot where it sounds it's best. I have yet to find that here. But I'm also not really concerned with having this feature either. So not much trying happened. If you aren't uber picky and like experimenting between the simulated surround and 2-Ch audio + sub you may enjoy flipping back and fourth per the desired medium to get optimal enjoyment.
2. The sound is filling. I'm going to do my best to describe this. There's a difference between a set of speakers and sub that wimps it's way through sound. It does not accurately respond. It's not "filling". Sonically, those type of units do not accurately depict the correct frequency response. But not here. This unit is not a wimp. It has very good sound reproduction. Yet, keep in mind that it sounds better at higher decibels (loudness). If you're just chilling watching a movie on the low, it's not going to be 'amazing'.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is OK.. The soundbar and sub woofer is not big. You can only work the volume on a tiny remote that comes with the product but you have to be right on top of the soundbar to... Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
If you are looking for something to compliment a bedroom TV or any small room you can't go wrong. I bought one of these a few years ago for my bedroom and it was a welcome upgrade... Read morePublished 1 month ago by lawrence akwaboah
This works just as well as I had hoped! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for fuller sound.Published 2 months ago by Happy
Nice soundbar I guess.. sound is decent. But I lost the little remote. Costs half the price of the soundbar for the replacement remote! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Richard Tilley
Not loud at all. its barely good enough for a tiny small room... Barely.Published 3 months ago by SERG
I was not satisfied with the new Samsung sound bar I purchased at Walmart. The Philips sound bar was in my price range and received good reviews. Read morePublished 4 months ago by sjohns84
If you are not an avid film/tv show watcher but would like upgraded sound and something that is better than your standard TV speaker, then this will do the job. Read morePublished 4 months ago by dan90707
no auto turn on... have to turn on separately, wait a few moments before it comes on, then re-adjust volume.Published 4 months ago by Michael M.
These speakers claimed they were new, but when I received them you could tell they had been used. There was white animal hair on the speakers, the cords were tangled together and... Read morePublished 4 months ago by E. J. Manley