Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Philips DS1155 Charging Speaker Dock for iPhone 5/...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 69% off the $89.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Philips DS1155 Charging Speaker Dock for iPhone 5/iPod with Lightning Dock
- Charge and play music on iPod/iPhone via Lightning connector
- Charge your second mobile device via USB
- Elegant and compact design to fit on any bed table
- Rich Omni-directional sound to fill your bedroom
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Philips DS1155 Charging Speaker Dock for iPhone 5/iPod with Lightning Dock
|Shipping||$5.69||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||skylihgt||Libey & Little||Amazon.com||Amazing Deals Online|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 7 x 3.9 in||8.5 x 4.01 x 4 in||5 x 5 x 4.49 in||6.42 x 10.68 x 5.16 in|
|Item Weight||1.94 lbs||1.5 lbs||1.48 lbs||3.15 lbs|
Compatible with iPhone 5 and the latest iPods through the Lightning connector, the DS1155 docking speaker not only sounds full and rich, it also boasts clock display and soft night light, making it the perfect device on your nightstand
From the Manufacturer
Bring high-fidelity audio to your bedside with the Philips DS1155 speaker dock. Designed for use with your iPhone 5 and latest iPods using the Lightning connector, the DS1155 speaker dock is a versatile audio system that tells time, wakes you up, works as a nightlight, and can charge two devices simultaneously.
Listen to high-fidelity music from your iPod or iPhone with the Lightning dock. View larger.
Omni-directional speaker is perfectly sized to fit your nightstand. View larger.
Omni-directional Sound Fills any Space
The DS1155 is engineered to deliver high-quality audio from a compact package. The omni-directional design fills your room with rich sound, while neodymium magnets and 6 watts of output produce balanced audio reproduction with superior bass response.
A special shielding technology blocks mobile phone interference to ensure pure, accurate, uninterrupted audio performance.
Combines Stereo and Alarm Clock Functionality for Bedroom Use
Whether you're waking up early or relaxing to some music before bed, the DS1155 is an ideal addition to your bedroom. The DS1155 is perfectly sized to fit a nightstand and has an elegant 360-degree shape that complements any bedroom decor.
An adjustable nightlight function provides a soft glow, while the digital clock has a large, easy-to-read display that automatically synchronizes when you dock your iPhone or iPod.
Play and Charge via Lightning Port
The DS1155 speaker is designed for use with the iPhone 5 and latest iPods. Simply dock your device using the built-in Lightning connector to play back audio in high-fidelity. The DS1155 also charges your device, so you won't need to worry about running out of battery power. An additional USB port allows you to charge a second device simultaneously.
The DS1155 docking speaker is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPod nano 7th generation, and iPod touch 5th generation.
Philips has a brand promise of "sense and simplicity" that encapsulates their commitment to understanding and catering to the desires and needs of consumers. By putting end users front and center, Philips creates products designed around people's needs and aspirations that are both comprehensive and easy to use. With 60,000 registered patents, Philips is a global leader and receives numerous international design awards every year.
What's in the Box
Philips DS1155 Speaker Dock, power cable, and documentation.
Philips DS1155 Speaker Dock for iPhone 5
At a Glance:
- Omni-directional design fills room with sound
- Charge and play music from your iPhone and iPod
- Clock auto-synchronizes with your mobile device
- Charge a second device via USB
- Soft glow night light
Philips Speaker Docks for iPhone 5
Top Customer Reviews
Well I won't be returning this because of the following reasons:
1. The sound is superb! It's no home stereo unit, but for my bedroom it sounds great, very loud and clear, nearly as good as wife's Beats Audio Pill.
* I've had no problems with garbled or mixed sounds from both speakers as other reviewers have mentioned. I don't know, maybe they need to change some setting on their phone???
2. I can ditch my old alarm clock. The iPhone alarms are so much better than any regular alarm clocks anyway, even if this had one built in, I wouldn't use it. I just tell Siri what time to wake me up and she does, every morning, no problem!
* Reviews saying this can't be used as an alarm clock are wrong, it CAN! When the phone is docked, the alarm on your phone will still work just fine.
3. The clock display DOES sync the time with the iPhone, and is clearly visible day and night from anywhere in my room (12x14 with 1 window).
* If you have a large room or lots of bright windows with light coming in or bad eyes, maybe not, but then if I'm awake and out of bed, I always have my phone on me to check the time anyway.
4. My phone docks and connects smoothly and easily with my case on. (a simple plastic case that doesn't cover the bottom speakers or port)
* Don't listen to other reviews that say "can't dock with ANY case", just because their cases don't fit, how absurd!
5. The unit is very well built, nice modern looking on my nightstand, wood design on top with controls for brightness and volume. Frees up our other chargers to use elsewhere in home and office.
Overall, this device satisfies everything I wanted in my nightstand dock. I would highly recommend it!
- Actually an existent Lightning Dock! Woohoo!
- Surprisingly good sound for a product of this size and price point
- Nice size & appearance
- Nightlight is a nice idea
- Auto-syncing clock
- Digital clock too small for those of us that need corrective lenses and don't have them on at night
- Most importantly, you can't use this as an alarm clock. If I set my iPhone for an alarm more than 15 minutes in the future, the dock goes to sleep and does not wake up for the alarm. The alarm sound plays through the iPhone speaker only... which of course is now muffled by sitting on the dock. If I set an alarm for less than 15 minutes in the future, it plays on *both* the dock and iPhone speaker, but desynced from each other so it sounds like a garbled mess. Totally unusable in this regard. There is a forum post on Philips's website started by another person with the same problem, and their response is "it's not designed for that". Who in their right mind doesn't think that this device shouldn't be able to be an alarm clock?? They also suggested using their app that offers an alarm setting -- which, while clumsy, admittedly works -- but suffers the same limitations as other (more well-designed) iOS apps in that background alarms are limited to 30 seconds in length (which ain't gonna wake me up).
Sorry Philips, you screwed this one up. It's going back until you can make it function as an alarm clock. Otherwise it's just an expensive dock that offers (admittedly decent) sound in a place I don't otherwise need it. Ugh.
Other than that, the sound is better than adequate and the clock lights up well enough for me to see it from across the room.
Nice looking and compact.
The display is fairly dim, but you can see it clearly in a very dark room if you aren't too far away (the product picture is a little deceiving in that regard). This is perfect for insomniacs like me that need very dark rooms in order to get sleep!
The sound is great for music or audiobooks and it makes your morning alarm a lot louder- I haven't slept through my alarm since I bought this dock!
If you use a slim case or a jelly case, you shouldn't have any problems docking. If you're using a big chunky case like OtterBox (or something similar), you will have to take your phone out of the case in order to dock.