Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Philips DS1155 Charging Speaker Dock for iPhone 5/..." and save 56% off the $89.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Philips DS1155 Charging Speaker Dock for iPhone 5/iPod with Lightning Dock
- Charge and play music on iPod/iPhone via Lightning connector
- Charge your second mobile device via USB
- Elegant and compact design to fit on any bed table
- Rich Omni-directional sound to fill your bedroom
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compatible with iPhone 5 and the latest iPods through the Lightning connector, the DS1155 docking speaker not only sounds full and rich, it also boasts clock display and soft night light, making it the perfect device on your nightstand. Troubleshooting Warning • Never remove the casing of this device. To keep the warranty valid, never try to repair the system yourself. If you encounter problems when using this device, check the following points before requesting service. If the problem remains unsolved, go to the Philips Web page (www. philips.com/support). When you contact Philips, make sure that the device is nearby and the model number and serial number are available. No power • Make sure that the AC power plug of the unit is connected properly. • Make sure that there is power at the AC outlet. No sound or poor sound • Adjust the volume of your docking speaker. • Adjust the volume of your iPod/iPhone or external audio device. No response from the unit • Disconnect and reconnect the AC power plug, and then turn on the docking speaker again.
From the Manufacturer
Bring high-fidelity audio to your bedside with the Philips DS1155 speaker dock. Designed for use with your iPhone 5 and latest iPods using the Lightning connector, the DS1155 speaker dock is a versatile audio system that tells time, wakes you up, works as a nightlight, and can charge two devices simultaneously.
Listen to high-fidelity music from your iPod or iPhone with the Lightning dock. View larger.
Omni-directional speaker is perfectly sized to fit your nightstand. View larger.
Omni-directional Sound Fills any Space
The DS1155 is engineered to deliver high-quality audio from a compact package. The omni-directional design fills your room with rich sound, while neodymium magnets and 6 watts of output produce balanced audio reproduction with superior bass response.
A special shielding technology blocks mobile phone interference to ensure pure, accurate, uninterrupted audio performance.
Combines Stereo and Alarm Clock Functionality for Bedroom Use
Whether you're waking up early or relaxing to some music before bed, the DS1155 is an ideal addition to your bedroom. The DS1155 is perfectly sized to fit a nightstand and has an elegant 360-degree shape that complements any bedroom decor.
An adjustable nightlight function provides a soft glow, while the digital clock has a large, easy-to-read display that automatically synchronizes when you dock your iPhone or iPod.
Play and Charge via Lightning Port
The DS1155 speaker is designed for use with the iPhone 5 and latest iPods. Simply dock your device using the built-in Lightning connector to play back audio in high-fidelity. The DS1155 also charges your device, so you won't need to worry about running out of battery power. An additional USB port allows you to charge a second device simultaneously.
The DS1155 docking speaker is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPod nano 7th generation, and iPod touch 5th generation.
Philips has a brand promise of "sense and simplicity" that encapsulates their commitment to understanding and catering to the desires and needs of consumers. By putting end users front and center, Philips creates products designed around people's needs and aspirations that are both comprehensive and easy to use. With 60,000 registered patents, Philips is a global leader and receives numerous international design awards every year.
What's in the Box
Philips DS1155 Speaker Dock, power cable, and documentation.
Philips DS1155 Speaker Dock for iPhone 5
At a Glance:
- Omni-directional design fills room with sound
- Charge and play music from your iPhone and iPod
- Clock auto-synchronizes with your mobile device
- Charge a second device via USB
- Soft glow night light
Philips Speaker Docks for iPhone 5
Top customer reviews
Well I won't be returning this because of the following reasons:
1. The sound is superb! It's no home stereo unit, but for my bedroom it sounds great, very loud and clear, nearly as good as wife's Beats Audio Pill.
* I've had no problems with garbled or mixed sounds from both speakers as other reviewers have mentioned. I don't know, maybe they need to change some setting on their phone???
2. I can ditch my old alarm clock. The iPhone alarms are so much better than any regular alarm clocks anyway, even if this had one built in, I wouldn't use it. I just tell Siri what time to wake me up and she does, every morning, no problem!
* Reviews saying this can't be used as an alarm clock are wrong, it CAN! When the phone is docked, the alarm on your phone will still work just fine.
3. The clock display DOES sync the time with the iPhone, and is clearly visible day and night from anywhere in my room (12x14 with 1 window).
* If you have a large room or lots of bright windows with light coming in or bad eyes, maybe not, but then if I'm awake and out of bed, I always have my phone on me to check the time anyway.
4. My phone docks and connects smoothly and easily with my case on. (a simple plastic case that doesn't cover the bottom speakers or port)
* Don't listen to other reviews that say "can't dock with ANY case", just because their cases don't fit, how absurd!
5. The unit is very well built, nice modern looking on my nightstand, wood design on top with controls for brightness and volume. Frees up our other chargers to use elsewhere in home and office.
Overall, this device satisfies everything I wanted in my nightstand dock. I would highly recommend it!
The display is fairly dim, but you can see it clearly in a very dark room if you aren't too far away (the product picture is a little deceiving in that regard). This is perfect for insomniacs like me that need very dark rooms in order to get sleep!
The sound is great for music or audiobooks and it makes your morning alarm a lot louder- I haven't slept through my alarm since I bought this dock!
If you use a slim case or a jelly case, you shouldn't have any problems docking. If you're using a big chunky case like OtterBox (or something similar), you will have to take your phone out of the case in order to dock.
- annoying auto start audio whenever phone inserted,
- 30 pin connector needed adapter, and ...
- problems developing with inconsistent charging
Overall the DS1155/37 solved all of the problems above. It's also not trying to be too many things that are better solved by the phone anyway -- like the alarm clock feature. It doesn't sport a radio module, once good for me as I didn't use the one in my previous device during the 3 years on my side stand.
With the iPhone 5 and later comes the new Lightning connector which is much easier to use on a cable, while only slightly affecting the way it plugs into a stationary charger like this by being a bit easier to plug in.
The base displays time only and provides integrated buttons for adjusting the clock display brightness and format. Yes, it can do both 12h and 24h format, even if the instructions are not totally intuitive how to get from one to the other ... Until you realize the +/- switches do more than volume. The brightness button, on the other hand, controls the underpinning night light (off / low / "high") and not as one might expect the display brightness. The latter is controllable in three levels with the lowest suitable for night time only as I t does not adjust to the ambient brightness. One of my gripes is with displays set too bright at night and this device is well tuned to not be too bright for sensitive types -- I guess like myself.
There is no snooze button on the base and one has to navigate the screen interface of your phone. That's certainly in the spirit of not getting you too comfortable dozing right off again.
The USB outlet on the back is mentioned to charge phones and tablets but when trying to charge an iPad Air 2, the tablet claimed "not charging" - an indication of insufficient charging power. Too bad as I was hoping to cut back the charger clutter but the DS1155 didn't fulfill this idea.
Since only the iPhone 5 is listed, it's not immediately clear if the (much larger) iPhone 6 Plus fits. I attached a picture to show that it does. It also works with Apple's leather case but the usual issue with cases not providing a wide opening around the connector most likely will need an extension. The same holds true for larger devices like any size of the iPad.
The design is nicely understated and the wooden button panel a nice touch. The speaker points upwards and is covered with fabric. Looks nice, but I'll have to see how that hold up when dust settles in. The night light simply glows the ring that also serves as the foot. It's very subtle and a nice touch, albeit not too useful to light up a path -- if you need that.
The sound is impressive for such small unit, certainly good enough for high quality environmental sounds (rain) to ease falling asleep and of course to play the alarm sound or any song for the occasion of waking up. In fact, it's capable of producing much louder sounds than anyone will find suitable early in the morning. Don't expect high fidelity stereo aural reproduction though.