Top positive review
132 people found this helpful
Don't listen to bad reviews, I love mine!
on September 5, 2013
I usually don't write reviews, but all the bad reviews for this dock really irk me and almost made me not buy it. I usually buy everything at Amazon, but because of the bad reviews I picked one up at a local store this time so I could easily return it if needed...
Well I won't be returning this because of the following reasons:
1. The sound is superb! It's no home stereo unit, but for my bedroom it sounds great, very loud and clear, nearly as good as wife's Beats Audio Pill.
* I've had no problems with garbled or mixed sounds from both speakers as other reviewers have mentioned. I don't know, maybe they need to change some setting on their phone???
2. I can ditch my old alarm clock. The iPhone alarms are so much better than any regular alarm clocks anyway, even if this had one built in, I wouldn't use it. I just tell Siri what time to wake me up and she does, every morning, no problem!
* Reviews saying this can't be used as an alarm clock are wrong, it CAN! When the phone is docked, the alarm on your phone will still work just fine.
3. The clock display DOES sync the time with the iPhone, and is clearly visible day and night from anywhere in my room (12x14 with 1 window).
* If you have a large room or lots of bright windows with light coming in or bad eyes, maybe not, but then if I'm awake and out of bed, I always have my phone on me to check the time anyway.
4. My phone docks and connects smoothly and easily with my case on. (a simple plastic case that doesn't cover the bottom speakers or port)
* Don't listen to other reviews that say "can't dock with ANY case", just because their cases don't fit, how absurd!
5. The unit is very well built, nice modern looking on my nightstand, wood design on top with controls for brightness and volume. Frees up our other chargers to use elsewhere in home and office.
Overall, this device satisfies everything I wanted in my nightstand dock. I would highly recommend it!