- Alarm Clock
- DC in Jack
- Sleep Timer
Philips Fidelio DS7700 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Speaker Dock
- Superb gaming sound effects via Bluetooth,DBB to preserve low tones for deep bass at any volume level.
- Elegant, slim and compact design to fit into any briefcase, Robust aluminum finish and cover case for full protection
- Design fit for iPod/iPhone/iPad, Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery for long music playback
- Shielding technology to block mobile phone interference.
- Dock any iPod/iPhone/iPad, even in its case, AUX-in for easy connection to almost any electronic device
- AUX-in for easy connection to almost any electronic device
- Design fit for iPod/iPhone/iPad, Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery for long music playback, Dock any iPod/iPhone/iPad, even in its case
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compact and extremely portable, the Philips docking speaker is no lightweight when it comes to performance. Designed to travel and fit any iPad, iPhone, or iPod, it delivers powerful sound, so you can enjoy great music wherever life takes you. Its slender design fits into your briefcase, backpack, or suitcase, and its built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives you up to 10 hours of music playback. Additional features include a robust aluminum finish and cover for durability, AUX-in for easy connection to any electrical device, and shielding technology to block cell phone interference.
Neodymium Construction for Rich, Balanced Sound
The Philips docking speaker has been engineered to deliver crisp, detailed sound that will satisfy even the most discerning listeners. Thanks to its neodymium magnets, the speaker is able to produce pure sound with superior bass response. Highs, mids, and lows are all rendered in great detail, so you can hear your music as it was meant to be heard.
Bass-Enhancing Technology for Booming Audio
The Philips docking speaker provides incredible sound. If you prefer your music with a kick, you can activate Dynamic Bass Boost (DBB) with the touch of a button. DBB helps emphasize the bass content of music, allowing you to feel the "thump" of the bass even when the volume is low. The result is richer, more robust sound at all volumes.
Amazing Game Sound Effects with Bluetooth
Superb gaming sound effects via Bluetooth keep things exciting. Hear all the sounds loud and clear and boost your experience to new levels. Simply make the wireless Bluetooth connection between your portable device and the docking speaker, and play away.
Designed to Go Places
The Philips docking speaker sports a slim design that can comfortably fit into a briefcase or backpack. It runs on a 10-hour rechargeable battery for on-the-go play. And thanks to the included aluminum cover, you can transport it anywhere without worry.
Free DockStudio App Unlocks Additional Features
If you own an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, you can unlock even more features for your docking speaker using the complementary DockStudio app. The Philips DockStudio app lets you control your speaker dock's acoustic properties, access 7000+ free internet radio stations, share music you are listening to with friends via Facebook and Twitter, set alarms to wake to your favorite music, photo or weather conditions and much more using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Dock Any iPhone or iPod, Even in Its Case
The docking speaker's spring-loaded docking port accommodates any iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even in its case. What's more, it works even when most protective cases are on--just dock your iPhone or iPad as is for fuss-free enjoyment of your music.
Compatibility and Warranty Information
The Philips docking speaker is compatible with iPod classic; iPod mini; iPod nano 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generations; iPod touch 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation; iPhone; iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4; and all iPad models. The DockStudio app requires a docking speaker and iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad with iOS 4.3 or later.
The docking speaker is backed by a one-year warranty.
Philips has a brand promise of "sense and simplicity" that encapsulates their commitment to understanding and catering to the desires and needs of consumers. By putting end users front and center, Philips creates products designed around people's needs and aspirations that are both comprehensive and easy to use. With 60,000 registered patents, Philips is a global leader and receives numerous international design awards every year.
What's in the Box
Philips Docking speaker with Bluetooth for iPod, iPhone & iPad (DS7700/37), 3.5-mm auxiliary cable, carrying case, and user manual.
|Docking Speakers||Fidelio Speakers|
|Dynamic Bass Boost||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Total Output Power (RMS)||4W||8W||10W||10W||10W||20W||20W||14W||30W||50W||100W|
|Additional USB Charging Port||•|
|Hassle-free PC Synchronization||•||•||•|
|Auto Clock Synchronization||•|
|DockStudio App Compatible||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|SoundStudio App Compatible||•||•||•|
|Battery or AC Power Option||•||•||•||•|
|Built-in Rechargeable Battery||•||•||•|
|3.5mm Aux-In Cable||•||•||•||•|
Top Customer Reviews
The Philip's Fidelio DS7700, manufactured in China, is designed to provide high quality sound in a portable aluminum finish shell. Shielding technology prevents cell phone interferance, and Dynamic Bass Boost plus various equalizer settings in the app provide rich stereo sound. The 30-pin style docking connector accepts iPods, iPhones, and iPads in their cases, or the auxiliary jack connects to other devices. The package includes the docking speaker, a protective brushed aluminum cover, plus power and auxiliary adapters.
The iPhone / iPad App
Using the Fidelio app is required to get the most out of the Philips Fidelio DS7700. Controlling the Dynamic Bass Boost (DBB) and equalizer settings can only be set through the app while physically connected. The Fidelio app also includes additional features including playback controls, a multi-function alarm clock, music collection browsing, sharing via Facebook and Twitter, access to more than 7,000 internet radio stations and podcasts, displays current local weather conditions, and helps you keep an eye on the docking speaker's battery life.
Like many others, I installed the Fidelio app on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4.Read more ›
The good stuff:
- Elegant and Practical Form Factor. I have used quite a few iPod docks, of all sizes. This is the first highly portable one I have tried that sounds good. About 1 foot long, but only an inch thick, its cover and rounded design make it simple to throw into a suitcase or laptop/messenger bag to enjoy on trips. It has an aluminum shell, and when closed, has no overhanging switches to get caught on stuff. Its beautifully finished metal case feels solid and matches the elegant design of the iPad/Pod itself.
- Sounds very good, and plays amazingly loud for its size. For my purposes, the DS7700 has the best combination of small size and good volume, clarity, and bass performance I have seen in any iPod dock. I am sure it would not satisfy those who must have earsplitting bass or theater level volume, but for me, it is the smallest dock I have seen that has excellent sound and enough volume to fill a medium sized room (hotel room for example). At lower volumes it has really excellent sound....crank it up and the high frequencies get a little strident and the bass gets thin. I rate it 5 stars for sound for my purposes.
- Great charging dock design. It unfolds to provide a sturdy support for iPod/iPhone, and an acceptable support for my iPad 2. (Acceptable only because its small size would make it a bit tippy if you had kids knocking it around). The connector should work well with iPods/Pads/Phones without removing them from most cases, and requires no adjustments for different devices.Read more ›
The controls are minimal. There is an on-off sliding switch at the back, a + and - button on the front for volume control, and a "connect" button with the bluetooth icon. As the gadgets you would dock in these speakers have their own play, ff, rw, pause, etc buttons you really don't need more than that. If you desire, you can download the Fidelio app from the App Store on any of your iApple devices that connect to the App Store. The Fidelio app is cool, and allows for different sound profiles to maximize sound quality. There is also a clock and the same types of controls that iTunes gives you. I find that I typically skip over the Fidelio app, as the sound out of the box is just fine with me- warm and rich and clear. My son likes the finer control offered by the app and when he has snagged the speakers and brought them to his room, he typically plays with the app.
What I really like about this is the size and portability. The weight isn't heavy but it definitely feels sturdy and won't tip over with the addition of an iPad. I keep the speakers/dock in my kitchen, plugged in and ready to go. However, when I'm at my work table and the boys are rowdy, I'll unplug it and put it right on the table. Going outside? I can take it with me so I can listen to music while puttering about on our patio tending to my container garden. It is very convenient. If toting it for longer trips, there is a cover which attaches to cover the dock connectors and speaker holes and keep them clean and functional.
Overall, I like that everyone in our family (each with a different iGadget) can use this.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After three short years of owning this speaker, I am in the market looking for another replacement speaker as this one already quits working. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Didn't work property didn't play if it was not plugged to the outletPublished 4 months ago by Macaruchi
You can't watch movies with it unless you watch them sideways :( That was the whole reason we bought this for my mom.Published 6 months ago by Susan A. Parkhurst
Got this for my mom for mothers day. She loves it and it sounds great. Also very easy to use. Would highly recommend.Published 13 months ago by Koda
Really great sound! Ipad is a bit wobbly in the dock though. Great portability too.Published 18 months ago by Robert J. Drake
This was a gift and no complains so far from the owner :)Published 20 months ago by Kirk Steinklauber