Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on September 23, 2011
Cons:
- The included Songbird software is a pain to deal with and can cause folders you place on your player to become write protected, preventing their deletion. It also attempts to auto synchronize your player to the Songbird file list, which can cause things you drop on from a friend's computer to get deleted before you can make a copy.
- It is difficult to just play music from your folders in order. The player tries to order them by name, or sets to shuffle by default, though you can get around this by navigating through folder view and selecting a specific album you want to play.
- It is possible to set up playlists the make it easy to play a block of music, but you have to individually include songs rather than selecting an entire folder.
- I would not suggest trying to use this for video playback as the screen is 1-inch square, where normal screens are a little wider than tall (which means you'll get a slightly squished image). Also, the player doesn't support many video types. If you are looking for something super portable to play videos, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Pros:
- The first listed con can be avoided by just ignoring the software (never installing it) and dropping files in like you would with a thumbdrive.
- Despite the somewhat clumsy interface, this player puts out decent sound with a good number of preset equalizer options.
- The wide variety of supported audio types is really what makes this player shine, and at a reasonable price.
- If you ever have problems removing files from the player, there is a menu option in the player that lets you format the memory instantly without ruining the built in software (even removing digitally protected media). Not something I have seen in many players.
- Small, tough, and super portable.
- Included headphones are comfortable and have decent sound.

For someone who wants an audio player that can support various file formats while putting out good sound, this is a good deal, even if it's a little difficult to work with until you get your playlists set.
on October 25, 2011
This player is perfect to take along while walking or jogging. I must disagree with the reviewers who complain about the accidental button activation during activity. The power button on the bottom of the unit slides in the opposite direction to allow locking of the buttons to prevent accidental presses while in a pocket, etc. The construction is solid, however I also agree that it's probably best not to put the unit in a back pocket.

I do agree with the reviewer who pointed out the Sansa clip+ has a better D/A converter. I mainly purchased this unit as an alternative to my Sansa for playing FLAC files. The sound is slightly more muddy and hollow on this player, however the difference is barely noticeable over the noise of outdoor environments. Battery life is reasonable, with around narly 15 hours of playback of FLAC files.

The RDS feature on the FM radio is also a great feature if you like listening to the radio to keep up with new tunes. I do have a complaint with the RDS display on this unit, as the Program Service text (where the station call sign should go) only updates when first tuned, though the scrolling radio text field updates properly. Many stations page the song title/artist information across the call sign field to get around the car radio "no scrolling" restriction. This is probably a complaint better left to the stations than with this player, as the stations should insert song data in the radio text field. A few stations in my area only advertise or place their slogans in the scrolling text area, thus making it impossible to read song titles scrolling in the call sign area on this player.
on February 28, 2016
The packaging indicated this was new, but was not a new item as indicated. The earbobs that came with it did not fit this model, again showing this product was not new. This was not the products fault, however the sellers for misindicating the product new or used status. However, it works and we had earbobs that would fit so we kept it. For quality received, overpriced. But the product itself is great! I would recommend the product, but leery of seller representation.
on February 3, 2012
I got the Philips out of the box and wanted to turn it on but it wouldn't. So I thought I have to charge it. After 4 hours of charging it still didn't turn on. It showed the empty battery sign when I tried to turn it on.
Finally I went to the Philips Homepage and got into a live chat with the staff there. After at least one hour of chatting and advices I could turn it on, charge it normally and listen to music.

Since then I didnt have any problems with the Philips GoGear. The battery lasts super long, its easy to charge and you can even listen to music while you are charging it. Its super easy to put music on it with copying from your computer - I'm not using the Songbird Software. Its easy to navigate between the folders.

I have the Philips GoGear now for almost a year, and even dropped it and it still works.

Four stars only because I had the trouble at the beginning with Philips, but worth the money! Good Job!
on April 13, 2013
I was excited to have this little device which has so many features . . BUT it took forever to charge, tying up my USB port for hours. Even tho' I did order the AC charger kit - that is being shipped separately. WHY, I don't know - it seems to me that you would include the charger adapter in all GoGear Vibe player packaging.

It doesn't seem that the manufacturer/distributor, etc thought at all about the consumer's convenience.

NOW - after it's been charged - the Vibe is 'frozen' - doesn't respond to any commands with any of the arrows, buttons, etc

Really inconvenient - I had a specific need for a RELIABLE mp3/media player . . now I have to start over
on May 7, 2012
I now own two of these players (1 is a 4 GB and my new one is an 8 GB). I have noticed a slight improvement in quality of the product in my opinion. When comparing it to my 2 year old 4 GB player, the new one seems to feel more solid and more sturdy. The audio jack is way tighter than my older one and the buttons are crisp and tight.

Same interface, easy-to-use, and it was built to play music. I also should mention that it does play FLAC files as well.

The only thing I have issues yet (and could never get it to work) is to play video files on it as it appears to be kind of complex, which is why of the 4/5 stars. Other than that, it is a solid product.

Now that I own two of these players, I have no issues with them. Great deal!
on June 3, 2013
I purchased this product on February 12th, 2013, and today, June 3rd, 2013, it has stopped working. The power slider has failed and will no longer turn the GoGear Vibe on or off. After verifying that the Vibe is, in fact, charged, it still will not work. The reset button will turn it on, but the slider is useless. I contacted Phillips support to validate the warranty, but what I thought was a one year warranty is actually only 90 days for this device. While Phillips doesn't feel like their products should last at least one year, I do! I'll be going back to the Sandisk Sansa players, which have served me much better.
on April 20, 2017
on April 5, 2013
The best I’ve owned yet. I went trough 5 different mp3 players including ipod shuffle, nano, 2800 trio mp3 player, 2 different versions of Chinese mp3 players none of them had the sound I was looking for I am all about the sound and if I can get a good clear sound and clear smooth bass then I am happy. The ipod did have the clear sound though but not the bass. I am very happy about this mp3 player the best since I started listening to music on mp3 players. the best thing about the device is that the battery life is great, i am in a zone below freezing 30 degrees below 0 and the device works like a charm.
on October 17, 2011
I "ORDERED" this Mp3 Player "Strickly" for MY AUDIOBOOKS!! It's "PERFECT" for that!! It took me a little while to figure it all out. But I Got it! Now I can Get all of the "the black dagger brotherhood Series!" From Audible.com I Love My Philips GoGear Vibe 8GB Mp3 Player!!

Back For Another one (11/6/11) (GoGear Vibe 8gb) ordered another one today to put the Dark Hunter Series (Sherrilyn Kenyon) and will have room for more!

I put All 9 BDB Novels on the first one i got and there not Short Books Run from 13hr 35mins to 23hr 6mins long.. plus 2 N.Roberts Novels 17hr 39mins and 10hr 37mins....and it's Not even half way full...

Works Great! haven't had Any Problems at all....

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Philips & Amazon!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.