Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on April 28, 2014
This toothbrush is pretty loud and moves really, really fast so with a small head, you have to be careful not to hit your teeth, but this toothbrush cleans better than any other toothbrush I have ever had. My teeth feel like I just had a cleaning at the dentist, but without the anxiety of actually going to the dentist. Once I have gotten used to the toothbrush and am careful how I use it, I would not have another one. You don't put any pressure at all on your teeth, you just let it do its work and WOW does it work! Really, I haven't had cleaner teeth unless I went to the dentist for a cleaning. I really love this toothbrush!!
on December 17, 2014
I needed to replace a Sonicare Elite toothbrush that I'd had for many years and couldn't find the Elite version anymore. This Essence version is very similar in design and a great price! I did take off one star only because it doesn't have the 30 second quadrant reminder that the Elite model did which I do miss but it's not a deal breaker. It uses the same E Series brush heads which work great at keeping my teeth clean! TIP FOR THOSE WHO SAID THEY HAVE MOLD! I've never had that problem when using the toothbrush that uses the E series brush heads. I ALWAYS remove the brush head after every time I brush and have a holder that came with the Elite that I place it on. I'm guessing that the mold may be from leaving the brush head on all of the time. ??? Try taking off the brush head every time you brush to let both the brush head and handle air dry! I hope this helps!
on May 5, 2014
Everybody in our family is using this product and it does an excellent job. I am using it for over two years and my hygienist noticed the difference after just using it for a few weeks. The batteries in the rechargeable units last for over a week, and we plug it into the charger only when it beeps for low battery. We also have one which uses a battery (it is used with a an Eneloop rechargeable battery) and the battery needs to be recharged every couple of weeks.

The only problem is that the brush needs to be disconnected from the base every few days as it collects water and it becomes dirty/moldy all the time. Despite this design problem, if cleaned regularly, it does an excellent job ;-)
on December 24, 2013
You can frequently buy these cheap Essence models with an included extra brush head, which ends up being only slightly more expensive than buying the two included brushes without the handle & charger. I don't see any real advantages in the more expensive models of Sonicare's line. If you buy these deal packages, which come around every year around the holidays, it doesn't matter if you need to toss the handles in the trash periodically because you are basically getting them for free anyway. And if you have more than one dwelling where you stay regularly, you can have a handle and charger in each one for very little if any expenditure other than what you would have paid for the brush head replacements anyway. The included thin case is usable for travel and the handles will usually work for at least a week's worth of twice daily brushing for one person; the base will not fit into the travel case, however.
on December 22, 2015
Love this toothbrush! I cant even imagine going back to a regular toothbrush. It gets my teeth so clean and so much faster and I have sensitive gums and this toothbrush helps soooo much!
on August 24, 2014
For the cost, this is a great electric toothbrush. But as silly as it sounds I miss the 30 second interval reminders of the more expensive version of this toothbrush. The overall design of this toothbrush could also be better, as water and gunk tends to accumulate in the well beneath where the head attaches to the base. If you don't stay on top of cleaning the well out it does get pretty dirty. Overall a good buy and I would recommend it, but keep those things in mind if you're going to make this purchase.
on January 13, 2015
I'm writing this review a year after I purchased this. A year later, this toothbrush is still going strong and is awesome. The brush head is the perfect size to get brush behind teeth, battery still holds charge for a long time in between recharges.

I haven't experienced any of the mold issue that some of the other reviewers were talking about though.

I have had an an arm and hammer toothbrush and a different sonicare one in the past, but this one beats both of them handily. I can go on a week trip and leave the charger base behind without worries.
on January 10, 2014
I have read about the Sonicare toothbrushes in the past, and felt like I pretty much knew what I was buying.

Two minor disappointments:
The first was that I thought I was buying the model that lets you know when enough time has passed on each section of your mouth. Apparently that is the higher dollar model.

The second is that the actual brush head is very small, and doesn't hold much toothpaste, so I feel like I need to replenish it about halfway through brushing.

All in all, I'd say it was a good purchase, but not a great one.

There is another electronic toothbrush (battery operated and highly rated) that I will probably try out.
on March 10, 2016
I love my Sonicare. If I have to brush with a manual toothbrush for some reason, my mouth feels dirty! This holds it's charge, and I will regularly go without charging it for 3-4 days at a time with minimal difference in power. It's just great, really. I have pretty good teeth generally, but I have not had a cavity or anything of the like in 5 years, in part I believe to this toothbrush (and it's predecessor).
on September 16, 2014
It is a no frills tooth brush, just what I wanted. Great price for a Sonicare brush that does not have all the bells and whistles of different speeds etc. I also have one of their top models which is slimmer and with 3 different speed settings etc. I much prefer this model, eaiser to hold (not as skinny) and does what it was made for.