Philips Norelco Shaver 8800 (Model 1290X/40 ) (Packaging May Vary)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Wet or dry electric shaver.
- Gyroflex 2D contouring technology provides optimal skin comfort. UltraTrack heads have three shaving tracks that catch every hair for a closer shave
- With AquaTec technology enjoy a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave.
- Pop-out trimmer for sideburns and moustache
- To help simplify your shopping experience, we recently updated this product's packaging and name: The SensoTouch 3D 1290X is now called Shaver 8800. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging.
- Gyroflex 3D contour-following system has three dynamic parts that independently flex outward, pivot around, and tilt inward to follow the natural contours of your face
- UltraTrack heads cover 50% more skin surface with three shaving tracks that catch every hair
- A great gift, the shaver's Aquatec Technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience
- Pop-out trimmer is ideal for sideburns and moustache
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Type: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Philips Norelco Shaver 8800
Provides an Exceptionally Smooth Shave
Philips Norelco's best shave yet, Shaver 8800 gives you the ultimate shaving experience. Its GyroFlex 3D system has three dynamic parts that move independently, flexing outward, pivoting around, and tilting inward, following the natural contours of your face minimizing pressure and irritation. Also, the UltraTrack shaving heads catch every hair in just a few strokes. Three specialized shaving tracks cover 50% more skin surface at a time. The razor comfortably shaves long hairs, flattened hairs, and short stubble. The Patented Lift & Cut dual blade system lifts hairs to comfortably cut below skin level. This razor gets the job done without leaving any stray hairs or stubble behind.
What's in the Box:
Shaver 8800, charging stand, luxury pouch, protective cap, power cord, and cleaning brush.
Shaver 8800 At a Glance:
- GyroFlex 3D contour-following heads adjust to every curve, minimizing pressure and irritation
- UltraTrack heads catch every hair with just a few strokes
- Premium touch-control numeric display lets you know how much power remains
- Patented Lift & Cut action lifts hairs to cut below skin level for a closer shave
- Comfortable shaving - wet or dry - thanks to the AquaTec seal
- SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly over your skin for a close, easy shave
Philips Norelco Shaver 8800
Cordless and Ergonomic Design with Built-In Trimmer
Shaver 8800's Lithium-Ion cordless battery provides up to 60 minutes of shaving power. Fully charges in 1 hour or 3 minute quick-charge for one shave. Advanced numeric display indicates battery power and cleaning status. It has an easy-to-hold handle with an ergonomic grip for optimum control. The convenient pop-out trimmer offers ideal precision for sideburns and moustache.
Choosing a Razor
Why should I use an electric razor? Using an electric razor is gentle on the skin and offers the convenience to shave whenever and wherever you want. Why should I use a rotary razor vs. a foil razor? Comfort: Rotary razors evenly distribute pressure over your face when you shave, while foil razors have flat foil tubes that concentrate pressure on one spot causing more irritation. Durability: Philips Norelco rotary heads are more resistant to wear and tear and last longer than foil. Less mess: Foil razors' heavy vibrations cause shaved hairs to spray and cause a mess, while Philips Norelco razors’ rotation helps capture hairs and store them for disposal.
Comfortably Shaves Wet or Dry
With Shaver 8800, you can shave any way you want. The AquaTec seal gives you the option of either shaving with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience. The razor can be used in or out of the shower. The low-friction SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly along your skin for a close shave without irritation.
|Series 8000 - Shaver 8100||Series 8000 - Shaver 8700||Series 8000 - Shaver 8800||Series 8000 - Shaver 8900||Series 9000 - Shaver 9300||Series 9000 - Shaver 9700|
|UltraTrack Shaving System||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|V-Track Precision Blades||✓||✓|
|GyroFlex 3D Contouring||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Contour Detect Technology||✓||✓|
|AquaTec Wet & Dry Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Personal Comfort Settings||✓||✓|
|Minutes per 1 hour charge||50 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes||50 minutes||50 minutes|
|Cleaning System||JetClean System||JetClean System||SmartClean System||SmartClean System|
|Full Numeric Display||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced UI with motion sensor||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
Perhaps the biggest selling point is the 45-day money back guarantee. You try it and don't like it, you get your money back.
The down sides... Forget about using this for a "scruffy look"; there's no height adjustment. It's either a close shave or nothing. If you travel and expect to be gone longer than a single full charge (enough for 60 minutes of shaving) then you need to take along the base. The recharger does not plug directly into the razor. The price - $280 is a lot for a razor. And, you can expect to spend $60 every year (or two) for replacement heads.
Truth be told, this will not shave as close as a blade but it will get real close to that. Also, you get the convenience of being able to shave in less time, wherever you are (within reason), and whenever you want.
UPDATE - After using this razor for a while there's a couple things I've noticed that get you an even closer shave. Firstly, like the instructions say, you want to clean the heads after every shave. It's simply a matter of popping open the heads and rinsing them under the tap for a few seconds. Secondly, as I mentioned above, a light touch is the key. With your skin pulled tight you should barely feel the razor touching your face. It may seem like it's not doing much but it really is.Read more ›
Let me say right up front, the 1290x will never match the shave of something like a Gillette Fusion razor. The reason I want an electric shaver is because it is quick and easy to use and it gives a reasonably close shave. The 1290x feels great in the hand, is well constructed and does shave a little smoother and closer than my previous high end Norelco the 6885xl with 9 years of almost daily use, which I am still very impressed with. If only the battery did not die.
1. newly designed UltraTrack shaving heads are very flexible allowing shaves to be close and comfortable.
2. 1290x body has quality construction, feel and design (very good looking)
3. made in the Netherlands
4. shaves closer than my previous high end Norelco and seems to be a better shaving experience (smoother)
5. feels good in the hand with it's rubberized back and weight distribution (well balanced)
6. good looking motion display as are the useful LED symbols and numbers
7. trimmer works good on sideburns and is easier to aim than previous Norelco
1. protective sliding plastic heads cover feels like it could scratch the unit, so I am not using it
2. stand is very wobbly on a rough surface because of its suction cup feet
3. cannot be used with a cord when not charged, need to wait 3 to 5 minutes to charge for one shave
4.Read more ›
The only reason I can think of for this happening is that the instructions warn not to keep the shaver plugged in after it has fully charged, but it takes time to charge, and I don't have the time to sit there and watch it so that I can unplug it immediately afterwards. Since the battery lasts for 60 minutes of shaving, I've only needed to charge it maybe four times since I first got it, but each of those times, it remained plugged in for ten or more hours while I was at work. Seriously though, if keeping it plugged in after it's fully charged four times caused this to happen, that is ridiculous.
So, as amazing as this shaver was for me for five whole months, I now think it's a ridiculous product that everyone should stay far away from.
My original glowing review:
I've been a razor blade man since the moment I began shaving. Over the years, I've tried several mid-range electric shavers (though, to be fair, none in this price range), and I was never impressed. Until now, I'd never found anything that could perform better than a high end razor.
The Norelco 1290 impressed me on the first try. Electric shavers usually suggest that it will take up to three weeks for you to get a better shave because your face needs time to adjust, but the very first outing gave me a cleaner and MUCH more comfortable shave than my trusty Mach 3 razors.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Died after ~10 shaves. The company would not replace because out of warranty and do not recommend fixing it.Published 22 days ago by neuron
Only lasted 10 months, at which point it stops operating and flashes an exclamation point to indicate a problem. Read morePublished 2 months ago by S. Ron Butler
It has done a great job shaving for me so far, but now it's time to replace the head. I'm worried about buying a replacement head for this razer because all the reviews for the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by thomas
Great razor! After 3+ years, working like new. I recently purchased my 2nd replacement head for the razor from Amazon here:... Read morePublished 4 months ago by ThomM
In short, I have had this razor for more than a year and absolutely hate it. It took me 20 minutes a day to shave because I needed nearly 4 passes to get a moderately decent shave... Read morePublished 7 months ago by LoveMyToys
The blade it came with lasted me 3 years shaving daily continuously giving me a great shave. It still looks and operates like it did on day 1. Read morePublished 8 months ago by bankercobb
My husband switched from razors with blades to this and LOVES it!! Convenient and easy to use any time, any where :)Published 8 months ago by Buck Sanders
I have to admit I am getting tired of Philips Norelco inconsistency. When I bought the shaver it was great, smooth, clean, quick shave. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Heyspock