3 Year Personal Care Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Philips Norelco 6948XL/41 Shaver 2100 (Packaging may vary)
|Blade material||Stainless Steel|
|Item Weight||0.89 Pounds|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
About this item
- To help simplify your shopping experience, we recently updated this product's packaging and name: 6948XL/41 is now called Shaver 2100. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging.
- CloseCut heads cut up to 25% closer with durable, self-sharpening blades
- Flex & Float System follows the many contours of your face to catch more hairs
- Integrated pop-up trimmer is perfect for sideburns and moustaches
- A great gift, the shaver has corded and cordless power with up to 35 minutes of shaving after an 8 hour charge
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
What's in the box
Electric shaver, protective cap, power cord and cleaning brush.
Philips Norelco Shaver 2100 Dry Electric Shaver, Series 2000
The Philips Norelco Shaver 2100 provides a close and easy shave for an affordable price. The Flex & Float system is combined with CloseCut technology, guaranteeing a close and fast shave.
- Pop up trimmer for touch-ups on the back of your neck.
- CloseCut Heads Durable Self Sharpening blades
- Flex & Float System: Heads flex and float for ultra closeness
- Up to 35 min of cordless shaving with 8 hour charge
- Hair collector chamber with cleaning brush
- Charging indicator
Philips Norelco Shaver 2100 dry electric shaver features
CloseCut heads durable self-sharpening blades
CloseCut heads durable self-sharpening blades">CloseCut heads are precision-engineered to give you a reliably close shave every time. The durable self-sharpening blades don't wear off to ensure that your shave stays effective and fast.
Flex & Float system for ultra closeness
Flexing & floating heads follow the contours of your face, allowing for better contact with your skin and for catching more hairs, resulting in a closer, faster shave.
Pop up trimmer
Perfect for sideburns and moustache and for touch-ups on the back of your neck.
Up to 35 min of cordless shaving with 8 hour charge
Up to 35 min of cordless shaving with 8 hour charge. Can also be used corded, for continuous power when need it.
|Shaver 9300 Perfection in Every Pass||Shaver 8900, Special Wet & Dry Edition||Shaver 7300 Smooth Glide, Maximum Comfort||Shaver 6100 Soft Touch for a Smooth Shave||Shaver 4100 Quick, Comfortable Shave||Shaver 2100, Comfortable Dry Shave|
|Rotating blades||72, 3 Speed Settings, 151,000 Cuts Per Minute||72, 1 Speed Setting, 151,000 Cuts Per Minute||72, 1 Speed Setting, 151,000 Cuts Per Minute||27, 1 Speed Setting, 56,700 Cuts Per Minute||27, 1 Speed Setting, 56,700 Cuts Per Minute|
|Head Movements||8 Directions||8 Directions||5 Directions||5 Directions||4 Directions|
|Battery||50 Min Run-Time, Quick Charge, 5 Min for 1 Shave||50 Min Run-Time, Quick Charge, 5 Min for 1 Shave||50 Min Run-Time, Quick Charge, 5 Min for 1 Shave||50 Min Run-Time, Quick Charge, 5 Min for 1 Shave||50 Min Run-Time||Up to 35 min of cordless shaving with 8 hour charge|
|Docking Station||Charges, Clean, Lubricates, Dries||Charges, Clean, Lubricates||Charges, Clean, Lubricates||Charges|
|Includes Accessories||Precision Trimmer, Travel Pouch||Beard styler, Travel Pouch||Precision Trimmer, Travel Pouch||Precision Trimmer||Pop up trimmer and Cleaning brush|
|Usage||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Dry|
|Personal comfort||3 Speed Settings||Comfort Rings|
Philips Norelco Shaver 2100 (Model # 6948XL/41) gives you a closer shave even in the hard-to-reach areas at an affordable price. The CloseCut heads are precision engineered to cut up to 25% closer with durable, self-sharpening blades that won't wear down, for a shave that is always fast and clean. The Flex & Float System follows the many contours of your face, resulting for a close, clean shave. An integrated pop-up trimmer conveniently trims sideburns and moustaches. Able to be used while corded and cordless, the powerful battery delivers up to 35 minutes of shaving after an 8 hour charge. The charging indicator with LED light signals the battery charging status. Shaver 2100 is easy to clean with an integrated hair chamber and cleaning brush, and comes with a 45 day risk-free trial and a full 2-year warranty. For best results, replace shaving heads with HQ56 replacement heads every 12 months. Packaging Includes: Electric shaver, protective cap, power cord, cleaning brush.
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here. [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.47 x 6.81 x 9.65 inches; 14.24 Ounces
- Item model number : 6948XL/41
- Batteries : 1 Product Specific batteries required. (included)
- UPC : 075020036261 802759502947 885211726471
- Manufacturer : Philips
- ASIN : B00CD1QU80
Best Sellers Rank:
#172,869 in Beauty & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Beauty & Personal Care)
- #275 in Men's Rotary Shavers
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When my old Norelco seemed to be shaving less closely, I decided to replace it with the 2100 series. This Shaver 2100 is a good product. But it is noticeably inferior to the old one that I was using. The old one shaved more closely than the brand-new one, and the motor on the 2100 series is less powerful.
My conclusion: shaver 2100 is probably better than many other brands on the market, and it is a worthy replacement for a blade. This explains the high consumer ratings. BUT I returned mine and spent more for the Norleco model with the "dual precision" blades. I am glad I did.
Norelco honors its warranty.
I was definitely not dissappointed.
No razor burn
Doesn't shave as close as razors.
It can be a hassle to shave, especially when you're low on time. This shaver makes shaving so quick and easy. I can get a reliable shave in 10 to 20 seconds. It doesn't shave as close as razors, but it's doesn't make a visible difference. The only way I know that it isn't shaving as close is when I run my hands over my face. Because of how the shaver works, I can easily use it to trim hairs on other parts of my body, including my back. With razors, it made it very difficult because of the angle I was holding my razor.
Finally, it allows for shaving without razor burns. It's really gentle on the skin.
For its price, I'd recommend it.
Now the cons:
It doesn't have any charging indicators. You don't know how much charge is remaining and the most frustrating thing is that there is no indication when charging is complete. You can only go by what the manual says and that is it takes 8 hours for a full charge.
Also, the trimmer is a little hard to get at the right angle to cut properly.
Conclusion: I bought this for $30 and if it cost me $90 the rating would have been 4 stars. I plan on using this as my primary shaver for the next year then move it to a backup position and try a high end Norelco. For the money I don't think it can be beat. A must buy.
- Super comfortable shave, although it took the lower part of my neck three weeks to get used to the shaver. And when I realized that I could use lighter pressure, and still get a very close shave - make sure to read the instruction manual on how to do that - then the irritation of my lower neck area cleared up within days, and there is no more irritation.
CONS: Replacement head is almost as much as shaver. So, if you already like Norelco shavers, then step up to a more expensive model, e.g., the 4100, or even the 9300 instead. I plan to buy the later this time next year.
FYI: I bought this inexpensive model first, because I do not know if my face would like the 2100 or not.
Cleaning can be a challenge since it isn't waterproof. Also, the replacement blades are kind of pricey.
Overall a great wireless shaver and definitely worth the cost. My shaver is still going strong after 5 years of use!
Top reviews from other countries
Customers also viewed these products
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.