Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,040 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,338 reviews
on September 10, 2015
Philips Norelco has been my go-to brand of electric shavers for a while. This model is significantly quieter than my old one, but unfortunately it looks like it's going to share many of the faults of the old ones.

PROS:
It is light and quiet.
It delivers a very close, comfortable shave with no razor burn.
It shaves the upper part of my lip, close to the nose; that's something I've been having a problem with.
It seems to hold a charge quite well.
The trimmer is full-sized, not the little half-inch thing so common nowadays.
The trimmer is a pop-up device, not a separate razor head that you have to change, as was the case with my previous Norelco.

CONS:
It can't be cleaned with water, only dry-brushed.
There's no stand, such as Norelco often provides.
There's no warning light for when the battery is low.

In summary, this is a very good simple razor at an excellent price and is a very good value. You might wish to check out a higher end model if this is your primary razor and plan to have it for several years.
review image review image review image
on September 21, 2011
I've been using Norelco triple header razors since about 1975. Each one continues to surprise me; perhaps it's because when new, it really does shave as close as most blade shaves. It's hard to determine when the shave deteriorates; it happens so slow, that it takes years to notice that my blade shaves are becoming better, or rather that the Norelco is slowly getting duller. Of course, by that time, the shaver is obsolete and blades for it become hard or impossible to find, which makes a new Norelco seem like a better investment. But none of the razors ever really died, they just got replaced by a new one. As I work in a hospital, I bring the old ones to give to patients who are on blood thinners and can't use blades, so none of them ever go to waste even if they don't give a perfect close shave anymore. So, this time I'm going to be prepared; I'm ordering extra blades as I buy the razor. Of course, if the razor dies, I'm screwed with obsolete blades, but then again I guess I can always sell them to someone else on ebay if that does occur. Now more on the review. This razor seems a little different than my previous Norelcos; it doesn't seem to be spinning as fast. Never the less, I'm getting a very close shave in a very short time, with no razor burn (and I have very sensitive skin). One thing I have to mention is like anything else, you have to develop the technique over time to get the best results with this razor, but I think that applies to everything in life. Just to back up my review, I'm going to buy three of these to give as presents for Christmas this year. They're that good. Now I have to search for a cigarette lighter adapter for it for the car when I go camping.
on February 4, 2012
My old razor was a 4 year old Norelco that I'd paid almost twice as much for as this razor so I wasn't real optimistic about what I'd get for such a low price. I've had the razor for about a month now and I'm completely satisfied with it. Granted it's a little louder than my more expensive Norelco was, but for the savings it's worth putting up with a little louder motor. The only negative I see on this razor is that you only have about 1 minute from the time you start to notice the razors battery sounds like it's going dead until it stops completely. You are able to finish shaving with it plugged into a wall socket so it's not a major deal as long as you have your charger nearby and have electricity available. I use the razor to shave not only my face, but also my balding old head (it only gets a light workout on tomp of my head) and the battery just ran out today which means it lasted about a month. I'm sure over time the life of the battery will slowly diminish, but that's to be expected. If you're looking for a good, reasonably priced razor then this is one I'd recommend. The small noise level difference between this cheap model and the more expensive models at least for me is not anything that I'd worry about. I highly recommend this product and am very glad that for once I went with the more reasonably priced model instead of the expensive ones. This is one of those rare deals where you actually get more than what you pay for. Try it, you'll like it!
on September 26, 2011
I hate shaving, Nair barely works, waxing is too messy, and I was unimpressed with a women's foil shaver I tried a number of years ago. I looked all over for information about women using men's shavers, and was largely unsuccessful. But I decided to give this shaver a shot, mostly because of the low cost and decent rating.

This shaver turned out to be an excellent decision. Pros and cons are as follows:

PRO:
1. Can be used while plugged in, so there are no worries about the battery dying while shaving a large area.
2. Does not have to be used in the shower, which allows one to save the cost of heating water, and also allows one to get into a more comfortable position while shaving difficult areas.
3. Very close shave. I was not impressed the first time, after shaving 3 weeks (!) worth of hair off my legs. Subsequent shaves were as close and smooth as if I used a razor.
4. Not noisy. It doesn't sound like I'm using a cheap vibrator while I shave my legs!
5. Significantly cheaper than regularly purchasing overpriced razors.

CON:
1. Takes a little bit longer than using a regular razor - maybe an extra 10 minutes. I don't mind, though, as I can shave anytime, rather than just when I'm already taking a shower.
2. Misses little hairs here and there. It's not like a razor, and it does require going over certain areas a couple of times to get all the hair.

I also shave my arms, and for some odd reason, this does not perform nearly as well on arms as it does on legs. But shaving my arms is not as big a hassle in the shower, so it's not an issue that affects my opinion of this product.
on June 14, 2015
Bought this razor in July 2009 for forty bucks. Good, basic electric razor. Now goes for over 90 bucks. After 6 years, mine is starting to fail (motor seems to be running slower, straining a bit). So, checked Amazon. From what I have read, quality has dropped considerably since I bought mine six years ago. Too bad. Will look elsewhere for new electric razor. Will try to find one made in USA. Don't know if that is even possible anymore. Low quality made in China seems to be the new normal. Oh, and one more thing. What the heck is this I read about your face may take a few weeks to get used to the razor? In the forty years I've used Norelco rotary razors, have never heard this before. Apparently new razor irritates your face until you "get used to it". What if you have been using similar razor for years? Do you still need a break-in period? This sounds crazy to me. And one more excuse for cheaper, lower quality product with lack of quality control.
on April 18, 2011
I never remembered a time when shaving was a pleasant experience. I still have adult acne and a razor blade always give me nicks, cuts, & the occasional razor burns. I especially hate it when I have acne since I sometimes cut them. Yes, I have been careful, I also take a hot shower or wash my face with hot water and put shaving cream before shaving. Plus it's really hard to see where your small acne are with the shaving cream hence the occasional cut. I hated shaving & only shave 2x/week which means I have a couple of days wherein I have a day old beard/mustache. So I was looking to switch to an electric razor. I was a bit apprehensive when I bought this since I thought that it could never replace a good razor shave. I've been using this for over a month now and I could say what a difference! I don't dread shaving as much as I did before and I can shave as many times as I can without the nicks, burns, cuts, and pain! No more preparations, not even a shaving cream, and it glides easily over my face AND over my acne without cutting them. I've only charged my unit once when I received it and it's been over a month now and it hasn't needed a charge yet. My only regret is why I didn't get this sooner.
on December 15, 2011
First, I paid under eighteen bucks for this which made it less costly than replacing the cutters in my old Norelco. It cuts nice and is as good as my 15 year old Advantage though it's a far cry from that one in quality. It feels like a toy in comparison to the Advantage because of the weight difference, and the plastic seems much thinner, but it has a power cord and that's a real plus when the battery dies... and they all die sometime. It's noisier but the quality of the cut is good enough for me and I like the popup trimmer.

I don't think the higher end models are worth the additional expense because the cutters all wear over time and have to be replaced. I'm pretty cheap and when it's cheaper to replace a shaver than the cutters then that's what I'll do. I went with 4 stars because it's very light in weight and doesn't feel well made but does a nice job on my face without having to go over an area several times.
on April 19, 2017
This has never really given me a really good clean shave, especially if I have more than a few days of stubble. The battery runs out fairly quickly (with little warning), and I have to spend time covering the same area multiple times to get stray hairs. I end up only using it in a pinch when I don't have time to wet shave, or when flying somewhere and I don't want to deal with checking a bag that has a regular razor in it.
on June 18, 2013
my husband used this product for a week and the head fell off, twice. As I sit and listen to his frustration while he is taking apart the sink to get the small pieces out of the pipes I must admit that I would not recommend this razor. this was an earlier review that I wrote about the product. The problem was the cover for the razor was so tight that the head would come off when taking the cover off. My husband no longer puts the cover on and he is extremely happy with the product. I have used it on my legs and would buy one for myself.
on June 1, 2017
I am not the type that grows facial hair fast. I use it time to time, may be two to four times a month.

1. It works.
2. It still holds the battery charge well.

After.. 7 or more years.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.