Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 659 reviews
on March 13, 2016
After almost forty years with a razor and cream, I bought this Norelco recently to simplify left-handed shaving with a broken right arm. Part of the reason I resisted electric shavers for so long is that the one time I tried one, I had a horrible experience, like scraping my face with broken glass. I was emboldened to order this one after experimenting with my son's electric shaver, which seemed to work fine and caused no discomfort. I am happy enough with this purchase that I expect to continue using it at least as often as not after my arm is healed. With practice it shaves almost as close and quickly as a blade, without the mess or the need to coordinate shaving and showering to ensure a moist face. The heads flex in a few more directions than my son's low end Norelco, making shaving just a tad more convenient still than with his. I made sure when buying it that it would work directly from the power cord in a pinch; however, unlike some of my older battery powered devices, the "battery low" indicator has so far prevented the unpleasant surprise of a dead battery.

The closest thing to a negative that I can find with this gadget is that cleaning it is not quite as convenient as the advertising might make you think. Yes, you can pop the head open and rinse it, but you still need to take the thing apart every few days and clean the individual pieces. Otherwise, those gunked-up innards will make shaving less effective and be no sight for the faint of heart.

On the whole, however, I'm quite satisfied with this device. You wouldn't need to twist (or break) my arm to get me to buy it again.
22 comments| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2016
I've used this brand for years, and get a new one about every five years. Main thing I like about this one is it works with or without the cord plugged in. Most are either corded only (no battery), or cordless only (the battery must be charged before you can use it.)
11 comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2017
First off let me say that I've hated shaving since puberty. But since my wife won't let me grow a beard, my wife gave me this as a Christmas present to replace an ancient Norelco I had for 20+ years. Philips has made great strides and some shortcuts with their shavers (at least with this model). The first thing I notice is that it has smooth and quiet operation, but the trimmer when released must be pushed back down manually instead of with the release button. Not a deal breaker, but I'm used to closing it with the button so I keep trying to use the button to retract it.
The reason I only gave it 4 stars is be careful in that for me, if I go too low towards my wattle this shaver will take flesh instead of stubble. Or as it's called 'shaver burn'. (maybe because the blades are new and sharp for now). So if you have sensitive skin this shaver may not be for you. But for the most part, I find that it gives an acceptable comfortable shave as long as I'm careful not to shave too low on my neck.
The one feature I absolutely love is the ability to rinse and clean out the shaver under the faucet. I don't miss always taking apart my shaver to clean it. You won't have to unassemble this one every time in order to clean it.
on April 19, 2017
This is actually a bit heavier and more solid than I expected.....which is a good thing. A lot of shavers are now very cheaply made and weigh almost nothing as a result. In the hand it fits well and can be held in many different ways to shave different areas. It can be used wet or dry and also while plugged in, which is rare nowadays, but a huge plus since there is no charge amount indicator, so if you run out of charge, you can still shave without having to wait for it to partially charge. It does not handle long facial hair well at all.....if you don't shave at least every other day, this is probably not for you. It also does not get really close in one pass (takes 2 or maybe 3 with my 1-2 day growth). which is about the only reason for only 4 stars.
on August 16, 2016
I thought I would have to wait for my face to get along with this as well for the product to break in during this period. But it actually caught on quick and works great now. Only complaint is the beard trimmer is dull and under powered. Like just there to meet the specs mostly. The Braun I had was more powerful and you could work a lot with it.
on February 2, 2017
I bought this as a Christmas gift to replace an older Norelco and he hates it. It is nowhere near as powerful as the old one and does not give a good shave. I would return it but I ordered it in November so it is too late. Don't waste your money.
on February 19, 2017
I have been using a 7310XL razor for years. Bought this new one for a spare. The new one does not give nearly as close a shave as my old one. The shave is ok if you shave daily, but, if you go for 2 days you will notice the difference immediately. Makes me wonder why the company would design a shaver head that does not shave as closely as previous models?
on December 29, 2016
I had a previous Norelco that has lasted me years. This one cuts nice and close (as it's new), however it feels less substantial, thinner plastics. Makes me wonder if it will hold up for years, or replace in 1...they just don't make them like they used to.
on February 10, 2017
I have a thick hair and this thing doesn't cut it well. If you have a thick hair this razor is NOT for you. You can get by with it as I am doing but its getting replaced soon. Do your research and find a better quality, better cutting razor.
on January 31, 2017
Worst shaver I every had. Motors too weak even after a full charge. It pulls the hair out on a two day beard. I had a Norelco years back and it worked better than this one. But a foil shaver which I plan to buy is the best.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.