Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 359 reviews
on June 1, 2016
As someone who's tried more than his share of electric razors, I'm always a bit skeptical when I try a new razor because they tend to all be the same. This one stood out because it came in such a large box for a Norelco razor - and a quickly realized why, once I saw the SmartClean device that came with it.

TLDR Version: I love the new Norelco 5700 because it gives me a super close shave either wet OR dry - and the accompanying SmartClean device let's you start each shave as though the razor was brand new! You can see my BEFORE and AFTER shots in the attached photos!

To start with, aesthetically, this is one of the better looking units - with a solid grip and a very modern set of LED displays that are only visible when necessary (like when it's charging). The 5700 charges completely in an hour - and should have enough charge to get you through at least a week-long trip of daily shaves (this is a requirement for me to even consider a product). If you've shaved with a rotary shaver (those 3 circular cutters) before, you know that the challenge is to continuously make circular motions gently across your neck and face (like a drunk Zamboni driver) in order to ensure that your whiskers are whisked away. In the past, I've found that my skin can get irritated from the dry razor making these paths repeatedly across my skin. What made the Norelco 5700 stand out, was how smoothly I was able to get a close shave without irritating my skin. Norelco has discovered the secret to making the cutters glide across my soft baby skin face!

Better yet, as part of trying to give the free sample razor I received a thorough once-over, I waited two days, lathered up with my usually shaving gel that I normally use with a disposable razor - and got one of the CLOSEST SHAVES EVER using an electric razor! That's right, this razor works REALLY WELL wet or dry!

So if you've EVER tried to shave with an electrical razor and any sort of product (cream, gel, oil) you know that the downside to being well lubed is the unfortunate cleaning process that follows the shaving. Here's where the almighty (it's a sizable addition to your counter) SmartClean device comes into play. Once you finish shaving (wet or dry) you simply drop the 5700 into the SmartClean unit upside down... and it actually deep cleans the razor while charging it and getting it ready for your next shave. And it is no exaggeration when I tell you that your razor will literally be as good as new. No whiskers, no cream/gel residue, not even a smell. This magical device gets your Norelco 5700 back in the same condition as your first shave. It's incredible.

Pros:
Close shave without irritating my skin
Works with the gel that I prefer
SmartClean makes each shave feel like it was the razor's first
Charges quickly and lasts at least a week of daily shaves

Cons:
You need to get used to rotary shaving (it can take a few days if you're coming from a disposable razor)
The SmartClean unit has a decent footprint on the counter (more than a usually charging stand).
review image review image review image review image
on June 23, 2016
I have been shaving for over forty years. I started using a blade then moved up to a corded Norelco rotary shaver. I have tried other rotaries as well as foil type electric. But none of them compare to Norelco rotaries for comfort and closeness. I am one of those 5 o'clock shadow guys so a close comfortable shave is what I look for. I recently purchased the Norelco 5700 Wet Dry shaver and cleaning system. I use this for a wet shave which I find very comfortable. I had tried the Norelco 7300 but it had a tendency to pull at neck hairs. So after giving it the 21 day trial, I returned it as Norelco was true to their word about returning the razor if you are not satisfied. I like the Smart Clean system. It works well the but the on button is sometimes sensitive to touch if you are holding the unit when you insert the razor. Good product for the money. As far as some commenting about the shaver not having a pop up trimmer that is not a big deal. It makes this shaver lighter in weight when shaving. If you want to use the trimmer you just pop off the shaving heads and replace it with the trimmer attachment.
on June 27, 2016
The shaver arrived toady. It was a lot to set up and takes up a good amount of the bathroom counter space (which I have very little of) in my smash bathroom. Right out of the box it needed took be charged and I was surprised that it started a cleaning cycle. Compared to another effective razor I had previously (sorry Braun) that also it's self cleaning it only took 10 minutes to cycle through the entire process. It have me a really good, close shave. Event hough It is a little cumberson to change to the trimmer, even that it's better then my previous Norelco's attached trimmer.
on November 8, 2016
I hesitated to pay this much but a shaver repair tech once told me with Norelco it's worth paying more for a better model. This is the best one I've owned. It shaves CLOSE. Even gets a couple spots on my neck that have always been hard. Love the self cleaning feature. It's quite, cuts without pulling, I love it. Don't like the switch. I keep hitting it by accident when shaving. The floating head is great. It moves without having to contort my wrist.
on April 7, 2017
My husband has been using this razor since after Christmas and let me tell you this razor does not cut his stubble as much as his older norelco razor. My husband is very disappointed with this razor because it doesn't give a close shave and the razor really really sticks with a bad order. It has stunk since the first Cleaning and continues to get worse with each use. I do NOT recommend this razor because of these reasons.
on April 10, 2017
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver did not work as well as the description states here. I read other reviews that stated this was hands down the best electric shaver on the market. Here is the truth for you, this is not made for the black man beard. If I could have returned it I would have... it sits on my sink wasting space. In no way does this electric razor shaves as good as a regular razor... not even close. So if you were thinking this would save you money from buy regular razor you are sadly mistaking. This is not what you want. Zero starts it straight garbage. What a waste of money.
on March 24, 2017
This is by far the worst, yet most expensive electric razor I have ever owned. I have owned 4 other Norelco shavers and this is the worst. The only reason I purchased it in the first place is that they discontinued making the heads for my last Norelco shaver, which operates well still and has great battery life. It is semi usable only on turbo the entire time. Does not shave any neck hair, I have to use my body groomer on that now. Not sure the cleaning station does anything. I would look somewhere else, as I am currently. Money down the drain.
on August 7, 2016
not your fathers shaver. I have had electric shavers over the years... this one runs slow, doesn't cut very close (compared to older Norelco models) and costs a lot more. Recommend if you have an older model, keep it, do not replace with this, you wouldn't be happy.
on October 28, 2016
I have used Norelco razors for years. My current/old one is at least 20, maybe 25, years old. The battery will no longer hold a charge so it works only as a plug-in razor. I elected to buy a new razor rather than sending it in to have the battery replaced for the third time and to have the very old razor head replaced. It has been a great razor. I will have to say that I am disappointed in the new 5700 Wet & Dry razor. It does not shave as closely as the old razor does. I have shaved one side of my face with the new razor and the other side with the old razor and asked my wife which side has the closest/smoothest shave. Three time out of three, she picked the side shaved by the old razor! It also takes longer to shave with the 5700 than with the old razor.
on April 21, 2017
I preface my review with that fact that I haven't had a proper electric shaver with rotary blades for quite a few years. I had been using standard trimmers that had no rotary blades. The one that did have them did pretty well. Having said that, I love this razor and thus far have had no issues. Although I've only had it for a little over a month. Maybe I've been late to the game, but when I shave with the rotary blades I don't have to check for my next shave for 3-4 days. I think I can thank the lift and cut feature for that. The ease of swapping attachments for a quick trim is also a huge plus. I'm a gadget geek, so all the indicators on the base of the razor make me feel like it's talking to me. Side note, the lock feature has paid off as my jealous girlfriend has tried to steal it to shave her legs due to my face being so soft :D. Might have to get another... The only downside that I can come up with is the cleaning base. It seems to clean a little too often and I think this may be because of the cleaning solution that will inevitably run out. I don't like giving glimmering reviews typically, but all and all I'm very happy with this razor provided it lasts a reasonable amount of time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.