Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 (Model AT830/41) (Packaging may vary)
- Shaver 4500, formerly PowerTouch w/ Aquatec AT830/41. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging.
- Wet or dry electric shaver with DualPrecision shaving heads tackle the longer hairs and the shortest stubble.
- Integrated pop-up trimmer is perfect for sideburns and moustache.
- Pivot, Flex & Float System follows the many contours of your face to catch more hairs and neck
- With AquaTec technology enjoy a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave.
- To help simplify your shopping experience, we recently updated this product's packaging and name: PowerTouch w/ Aquatec AT830/41 is now called Shaver 4500. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging.
- DualPrecision heads are designed with slots and holes to quickly and comfortably shave both long and short hair
- A great gift, the shaver's Aquatec Technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience
- Pivot, Flex & Float System follows the many contours of your face to catch more hairs, even on the neck
- Integrated pop-up trimmer is perfect for sideburns and moustache
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Type: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
What’s in the Box
Shaver 4500, protective cap, power cord, and cleaning brush.
- Philips Norelco 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee (Conditions apply)
- Full 2-Year Warranty
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
Comfortable Shaving--Wet or Dry
The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 lets you shave any way you want. The AquaTec seal gives you the option of either a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with or without shaving cream or gel.
- Pivot, Flex and Float System keeps the heads in close contact with the skin for a fast and efficient shave
- DualPrecision shaving system shaves long hairs and short stubble
- AquaTec seal for a convenient dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with or without shaving gel or foam
- Patented Super Lift and Cut Dual-blade action lifts hair to cut comfortably below skin level
- Pop-up trimmer for sideburns, mustache, and more
- Fully washable design for easy cleaning
- LED Charge, Battery Low and Battery Full Indicator
- 3-Minute quick-charge for 1 cordless shave
- Fully charges in eight hours for up to 50 minutes of shaving time
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 Features
Pivoting Heads for Speed and Comfort
The Pivot, Flex & Float heads follow every contour of your face to remain in close contact with the skin for a fast shave that's also gentle on the skin.
Smooth Shaving that's Gentle on Skin
For precise results, a DualPrecision shaving system effectively shaves both longer hairs and short stubble. These low-friction heads are also rounded to further protect the skin. To cut comfortably below skin level, a patented Super Lift and Cut dual-blade action lifts hairs.
Detailed Trimming with Pop-Up Trimmer
An integrated pop-up trimmer helps complete your facial hair grooming routine. This trimmer is ideal for trimming and shaping sideburns, goatees, mustaches, and more.
|Philips Norelco Shaver 9300 - Perfection in Every Pass||Philips Norelco Shaver 8900 - Special Wet & Dry Edition||Philips Norelco Shaver 7300 - Smooth Glide, Maximum Comfort||Philips Norelco Shaver 5500 - Turbo Powered Shave||Philips Norelco Shaver 4500|
|Blades||V-Track Precision Blades||V-Track Precision Blades||Gentle Precision Blades||MultiPrecision Blades||DualPrecision Blades|
|Head Movements||8 directions||8 directions||5 directions||5 directions||4 directions|
|Battery||50 min / 1 hr||50 min / 1 hr||50 min / 1 hr||45 min / 1 hr||50 min / 1 hr|
|Docking Station||Charges, Clean, Lubricates, Dries||Charges, Clean, Lubricates||Charges, Clean, Lubricates|
|Includes Accessories||Precision Trimmer, Travel Pouch||Beard styler, Travel Pouch||Precision Trimmer, Travel Pouch||Precision Trimmer|
|Usage||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry||Wet & Dry|
|Personal comfort||3 Speed Settings||Comfort Rings||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
I was going to reward myself with the most expensive "3-D" model but several things made me choose this one. First, the 3-D uses what looks like a more advanced shaver head, but all of the higher end models just below that (including the 2-D) use the HQ-8 heads, so I didn't think the difference in performance would be all that noticeable considering the premium price. Plus the 3-D apparently flexes every which way but Sunday, but this one flexes way more than enough, so I didn't see an advantage significant enough to justify the higher price.
Second, to use the trimmer on the Norelcos with a "neck" (like the 2 and 3-D) you have to snap it on as an extra accessory. One of my other Norelcos was like that and it was always a minor annoyance. The integrated pop-up trimmer on this model is so much handier and has the perfect angle for trimming even nose and ear hair as well as sideburns.
Third, my older Norelco had a charging stand and it was a major annoyance. Lightweight and cheap, the shaver sat in it awkwardly and would tip over if you weren't careful. It was a pain to travel with it as well. It is so much handier to just plug the cord into the shaver and let it charge that way.Read more ›
The AT830 actually gave me a better shave than the fancier and more expensive SensoTouch. The closeness and time shaving were about the same, but I got less irritation with the AT830, particularly in the sensitive area below my chin. One big thing I like about the Norelco rotary razors is the fact that they are really quiet. They're also comfortable to hold and lightweight. Thumbs up for ergonomics.
What I didn't like about the AT830 were the lack of features. There is no battery meter, only a light that flashes when the battery is about to run out. A big detractor is the fact that you cannot use this razor plugged in; you have to wait until there is a charge and unplug it before you can use it. If you need to shave and the battery's run out, you're out of luck.
I will say that I get a better shave with the Bran--closer, quicker, and with no irritation. However, everyone's skin is different, and it's worth trying a variety of different razors to find out which works best for your skin. If you are looking to try a rotary razor I would recommend this one over the more expensive SensoTouch.
Below I'll provide a brief rundown of the current main product lines, followed by the different models within that line in brackets (least expensive to most), and then discuss this actual model.
-------------- PN's CURRENT RAZOR LINE --------------
6000 Series [6940, 6955] - This is Philips Norelco's base level of razors. They, along with the 7000 and 8200 series are dry shavers, meaning they cannot be used in the shower and are not designed to be used with any foams or gels. The 6000 series do have floating heads, but there is no movement in the head unit. These models are corded.
7000 Series [7310, 7315, 7325, 7340, 7345, 7380, 7810] - Now you start to add some cordless options, and get LCD indicators to let you know about battery life. Better models add things like a pop-up trimmer and floating heads.
8200 Series [8240, 8250, 8251] - Another line of dry shavers.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this shaver. Easy to clean, Easy to transport, Feels good in the hand. Good, close shave.Published 1 day ago by Lanny
This is probably the best electric shaver I've ever purchased. I've been using Norelco shavers for years and this one produces the smoothest shave yet. Read morePublished 8 days ago by David N
If you never miss a shave, maybe it's alright. But it's not much good for longer whiskers. I'm back on non-electric razors.Published 12 days ago by Al Rackstraw Megas
Bid upgrade to my old 15 year old triple header. Less tug and more cutting. If you're a rotary fan, this will not disappoint.Published 17 days ago by Murph
cant say this was a good shaver for me, took forever and didnt reach all spots, skin felt good after but it was not a good shave, going to have to buy another shaver now.Published 17 days ago by mlf