Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 363 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 432 reviews
on April 29, 2016
I was not impressed with this item. It was a new item that was damaged and did not work and looked like someone put a used one in a new damaged box. I do not recommend this item to any one and nor do I recommend the supplier. First screen would start and then would glitch up and then the second one would not work at all.
on August 5, 2011
I read the reviews and noted the problems with the second screen failures, but took a chance anyway. Departed on a 2000 mile journey via car with my 4 and 6 year old and a handful of favorite DVDs. Even picked up some headphones so I could listen to the car radio while they were entertained. Day one, everything was perfect. Day two, after about a half hour, my son says " Daddy, I can't see my TV". Tried all kinds of plugging and unplugging and switching of cords, etc. to no avail. Managed to limp along with the one remaining screen for the rest of the trip, but with only one screen they couldn't use the headphones and the volume wasn't quite loud enough to always overcome normal expressway road noise. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. Had everything worked properly, I would have given the units a 3.5 out of 5. Controls were adequate, but not intuitive. Headrest straps were secure, but needed extra padding to get a proper angle for viewing. Cords were long enough, but the plug positioning could have been engineered better. Seems like too many of this style of product never gets tested in the real world. I think all that most people are looking for is a unit that works as advertised, is easy to hook up/remove and adjust properly, has adequate sound quality and volume, and intuitive control buttons.
on August 15, 2011
I have purchased this DVD player twice since May 2011. My initial purchase was to keep my kids occupied during our long car trip for a family vacation. It DID make it through the trip, but promptly ceased working on the 4th day back home. The secondary screen went completely black, would display no picture or sound. We switched cords around with the working unit and it still did not function. I returned it for a full refund (thank you, Amazon) and bought the exact same one again. Yes, I did think that it was just a fluke. And the second time around it was $30 less than I originally paid. That was in June and it is now August 15th and once again, the secondary screen is having issues. The picture is blurry and my kids say the sound is off, there's some sort of buzzing they hear. Unfortunately I am past my return window deadline this time around and unable to return it for a full refund. I guess we will keep it until it dies...which should probably be any day now judging by the picture quality. I would highly recommend to anyone in the market for a dual DVD player to keep looking and not waste your time or money on this unit. No one wants to pay $100 or more on a piece of electronic equipment only to have it malfunction in a month's time. This is NOT a reliable, quality DVD player.
on February 28, 2012
The title of my review pretty much sums it all up. I bought the first set in summer 2011 and after about 3 months of use, the dvd player would not close properly so I had to use a rubber band to hold the door closed to avoid the dvd skipping. After about a month of that, the dvd's started getting scratched because the door would not remain shut tightly enough for the dvd to stay on the spindle correctly. So, I bought another dvd player set thinking maybe I just had bad luck with them since the reviews seem to praise the product! I bought the new set in January and literally a week after the return window had expired, the dvd player started doing the same exact thing in the same order! I even tried TAPING the door shut to avoid the dvd skipping and scratching but it did not work. I only have one child, a 2-yr old, so it is not like I have kids operating the dvd players or being too rough with them. Also, the dvd player is not installed in a "rough" vehicle. I have a Chevy Suburban so it's not like I am off-roading with them in the car. It is a huge disappointment to spend so much money on a product you only get a few months use out of. I am going to resort to buying a personal lap dvd player. Don't waste your money. Buy a lap dvd player or spend the extra $100-$150 to get a top of the line dvd player. If you don't, you will end up paying that anyways when you have to buy another one.
on May 23, 2013
This is the second unit I purchased for my grandbabies. The first unit's second screen went out after the warranty period so I could not return it. I figured I could purchase a whole new system and have one unit for my son's baby and the second unit with 2 screens for my daughter's 2 babies. The new unit's second screen immediately stopped working. Now, within 30 days, the main unit is not working. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK! We are trying to get it replaced with something different through Philips now. We followed all of the directions to a "T" and also tried other recommendations by other customers, all to no avail. I am very unhappy, as is my daughter because now she has 2 crying babies in the back seat wondering what happened to their movies!
on October 12, 2011
Bought this as a replacement for older Philips dual DVD player that lasted 10 years. Was only replacing it because the adjunct screen didn't work. Have had this player for 2 months and it already doesn't work. We took it on ONE trip, stored it in it's box after the trip, took it out to use for a recent trip and the adjunct screen didn't work. Then tried to use only the main screen and it had vertical lines across half the screen. I thought maybe it was the DVD so I switched it and got the same result. On the positive side, customer service is sending a replacement. If you do purchase it, BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR RECEIPT BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED TO WHEN YOU HAVE TO RETURN IT. I was very thankful I save all of my invoices in a folder on my computer.
on April 27, 2012
We bought these last month for our two week vacation. Right out of the box the playback seemed off - It wouldn't recognize some of our storebought DVDs. Those that it would recognize would lag and skip. It was almost like watching an internet video with a dial up connection. But it wouldn't always act that way - it was kind of hit and miss. Often times it would start out strong and then halfway into the movie it would skip/pause (We had a PS2 that acted that way when it got too old, hmm). So, We liked having the video players to keep the kids occupied but the added annoyance of constantly fiddling with the players or attempting to watch a movie that paused every 2-3 minutes was enough to make us want to return them. Unfortunately, we came home and our time limit for returns had expired while on vacation. Another thing - Another family member had the same player but purchased from a department store and it gave her no trouble. I'm curious if it is related to the suppliers.
on November 11, 2013
The player is very good. Unfortunately they only last about one year. I have had 4 sets of these and they all lasted only one year. Too Many moving parts. We switched to tablets for our children and saved all our movies to electronic mp4 files to play on those. If you do buy one, make sure you get a 2 yr warranty because it won't last the 2 years.
on December 22, 2011
We take 5-7 hour trips north camping in the Summer and snowmobiling in the winter with our three kids (all under 11 yrs old). We had borrowed our neighbors for a cross country trip to Saskatoon, Canada from Connecticut (5000 mile round trip). That trip convinced us to buy this product. The screens are really handy, only 2 wires to run the 2nd monitor which has it's own volume and power button and they work well. My oldest son swaps out the DVD's and the kids can use ear sets or the built in speakers to listen too. We have experienced no skipping on rough roads and we have used the single unit as a stand alone to watch a movie at a cottage that may not have a DVD player and TV.
The CONs are the screen is not adjustable. So if your head rest are slightly angle down, the screen are angled down. The second monitor can be switched off so 1 child can watch while the other may read or sleep but the reverse cannot happen. The monitor that holds the DVD, it's screen is always on. Otherwise they work well. Huge stress savers for Mom and Dad on long drives.
on June 6, 2011
These Philips Dual DVD Players have been the answer to our prayers. We have an older model suv that has Captain's seats, so we can't special order DVD headrests for our vehicle. These DVD players come with an adjustable strap that slid right over the top of our front two car seats with no difficulty. They easily plugged into our car outlet and the setup only took about a minute or two. We bought these for our autistic toddler who has difficulty riding for any distance in the car. He was watching movies in just a few minutes after setting up the players. These DVD players are top quality and I am very impressed with the quality for what we paid for them. I would highly recommend these to anyone who doesn't want to invest the money into DVD headrests or wanting a DVD players installed in the top of their SUV. Also...these players have never skipped once in my car. They are also easy to adjust the settings and turn on and off from the front seats of the car. I give the Philips Dual DVD Players Five Stars!!!!!