|Item Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 16.5 x 9 inches|
|Item model number||PD9016/37|
|Number of Component Outputs||Component|
|Item Display Height||5 inches|
Philips PD9016/37 9-inch Portable LCD Dual DVD player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- The color LCD display brings images to life, showing off your treasured photos, favorite movies and music.
- No additional cables are needed, there is no mess created and installation takes a few seconds.
- The single cable connection design means there is just one cable needed to connect the two Philips Portable DVD players together.
- Play your movies and music in the car . The Philips PD9016 features two DVD players.
- The in-car dual player design lets you watch movies individually on each portable DVD player.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Sylvania SDVD9957 Portable DVD Player with Dual 9" Screen (Black)
10.1" Dual Screen Portable DVD Player with 5-Hour Built-In Rechargeable Battery-Black (Host DVD Player+ Slave Monitor)
Philips PD9012 9-inch Dual Screen Portable DVD Player (Certified Refurbished)
Sylvania 10.1-Inch Dual Screen Portable DVD Player with USB Card Slot to Play Digital Movies”
Sylvania SDVD8739 DVD Player
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Sokesi||Amazon.com||Pro Electro Corp||Pro Electro Corp|
|Color||Black||Black||Host DVD Player+ Slave Monitor||BLack||black||Black|
|Screen Size||9 in||9 in||10.1 in||9 in||10.1 in||7 in|
Transform your car into a mobile home theater with the Philips portable dual DVD player. Featuring two 9-inch widescreen LCD displays and headphone jacks for private listening, this entertainment system allows you to entertain your backseat passengers with movies, music, and photos. Simply mount the LCD screens to the back of the front headrests to create an engaging in-car entertainment experience.
Features two 9-inch widescreen LCD displays. View larger.
Passengers can watch two different movies at the same time or share one movie on both screens. View larger.
Watch One or Two Movies Simultaneously
The Philips portable dual DVD player lets passengers enjoy movies, music, and photos on two 9-inch widescreen LCD displays while traveling. Dual DVD players allow passengers to watch two different movies at the same time. Or, use the signal switch to share one movie on both DVD players.
Listen with Built-in Stereo Speakers or Headphones
Thanks to the system's built-in stereo speakers and high-resolution color displays, you'll enjoy crisp, clear images and rich sound. Headphone jacks also let passengers watch movies or listen to music without disturbing others. And when powered off, the DVD player conveniently remembers where you stopped and resumes a movie at the correct spot when restarted.
All-in-One Cable and Headrest Straps for Easy Installation
The system's LCD panels easily mount to the back of front headrests with mounting straps and can be powered using the car's cigarette lighter or plugged into an outlet with the AC power adapter. A single AV cable conveniently connects both screens to the same power source.
Compatible with most DVD and CD formats.
Compatibility and Warranty Information
The Philips portable DVD player is compatible with most DVD and CD formats, including DVD+/-R, DVD+/RW, MP3-CD, CD-RW, and SVCD. It is backed by a one-year limited warranty.
Philips is committed to understanding and meeting the needs and desires of its customers. This is why Philips creates cutting-edge products that are user friendly. With 60,000 registered patents, Philips is a global leader in innovation, receiving numerous international design awards every year.
What's in the Box
Two 9-inch LCD screen DVD players, two sets of mounting straps, AC/DC adapter, car adapter, and AV cables.
From the Manufacturer
Play your movies and music in the car! The Philips PD9016 features two 9 and 34, DVD players to let passengers indulge in enjoying their own DVD movies, music and photos on the road. The mounting kits make installation faster and easily.
Legal DisclaimerMust be at least 18 & over to purchase. No warranty will be provided since the warranty from manufacturer is already done.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I received the package today (a Saturday, original delivery was scheduled for Tuesday). The original box was inside of a nicer Amazon box. The original did have plenty of damage! But, to my delight, the units were both perfect! I took everything out and began my test. I purchased these to keep our 1 & 3 year olds occupied during an upcoming long car trip, they both enjoy movies.
My 3y/o came right over to help me with testing. I plugged in 1 unit, popped in "Wreck It Ralph" and turned it on. Worked great! Sound and picture were both clear. I purchased headphones for my 3y/o and he was anxious to try them so I plugged them in. I put the headphones on first and had to turn the volume down, which I like (some things you end up turning the volume up when headphones are plugged in). While he sat & watched, I began hooking up the 2nd unit. I hooked the 2 together and turned it on. Slight panic as it didn't seem to kick on right away. Maybe I didn't wait long enough, I don't know. I turned it off, popped in another dvd and turned it back on. Worked great! I hit the switch again so it would show "Wreck It Ralph" and it worked! I was able to play the movie on both units.
Here's a few keys things I've noticed so far:
1) When both units show the same movie, the "dummy" unit does have a less crisp version. For my kids, it won't matter. or teens, you could possibly have some arguing over who gets the unit with the dvd and who gets the "dummy" unit
2) Both units take DVD's. This means you can watch separate movies or throw a switch to have the same movie on both. both units have this switch so either one ca be the "dummy" unit.
3) The cord that connects the 2 is somewhat short as a few others have stated. If you have 1 screen attached to the back of the drives chair & the other to the back of the passenger chair, I doubt it'll be a problem. However, I'm pretty sure I'll need to get an extension or a longer cord since my 1y/o is rear facing so his unit will have to connect differently.
4) The car outlet adapter has 2 cords coming out of it so you can plug in both units. Again, not sure if the cord will be long enough for our set up but for most it should be fine.
5) This set does NOT come with remotes. I don't think that'll be a problem for us but some people may not read through everything and be upset when they receive it and open the box. Just keep that in mind.
6) It comes with 2 plugs, 1 for each unit, to use when not in a car.
7) Each unit has a kickstand on it. I used these while testing them out and my 3y/o was watching a movie. They work very well, no wobbling.
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase so far. It was pricey but one of the highest rated dual set sets and I'm trying to look at it as an investment to last several years (fingers crossed). I'll update down the road if anything changes!
The screen is the perfect size for the headrests- you can't see much of the headrest on the outside of the screens and you can't see any of the screen from the front of the headrest. The high-gloss finish on the entire front face of the players looks like an Apple product or the burl wood interior of the car. All the wires and connects, except for the screen-linking wires, can be perfectly hidden in the seat molding down to the AC power socket. The clamshell mechanism opening from the top is a bit of a instability- you just have to be careful. The controls on the front face are a bit arduous- positioned like a rectangular control wheel from an iPod. The power and sync switches on the right-side should not be the same size, as it adds a little bit of labor to figuring out where you are while on the go. The volume and headphone inputs are easily-positioned. I bought headphones for both that were child-sized; but don't ever need them- the small speakers below the screen make BIG sound. The picture is excellent for a mobile screen and I haven't found them for any cheaper than right here on Amazon!
I bought this video player on August 17th. One of the monitors broke on November 12th. Sad thing is that it was the monitor for the seat back of my 1 year old who only watches one movie (Tigger) and never touches the machine! Monitor door now will not stay closed and I had to scotch tape it until I can return (hopefully) for warrant replacement. The monitor that my 4 year old uses and changes the disc at least daily is fine so far. Cord to hook between the monitors is also too short and cumbersome. In my opinion, these should have held up better. I expected more from Phillips products. I will update with the response from Phillips. If I get a refurbished model I will be irate.