Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 196 reviews
on March 18, 2014
It began to squeal wildly. At first, I thought it was a bit of plastic around the blade or maybe hair. But it would not stop. Eventually, the device cut off! I was mid haircut (it was not pretty!) I let it recharge fully overnight and the next day, I finished the remainder of the cut but, even before I was done, it began again. I took the plastic part (comb?) off but the noise did not stop. I was clearly the two blades or the connection to the motor or the motor itself.
Other than this MAJOR flaw, the unit was OK. It does better than most other methods of cutting with a groomer yourself. The swivel is genius. The unit body and finish itself is actually pretty good quality. What I have seen before from products made in Europe by Philips.
Too bad something with the motor or connectors were flawed.
I cannot recommend this. Especially at the price! I have returned it.
on September 25, 2014
Started making "screeching" sounds, then just stopped working. I called Phillips Customer Service. Lady was very nice, explained situation. She said she would ship me a replacement shaver. It took seven days by Fed Ex ground. I opened the box and the replacement was not the same razor that I originally purchased. I originally purchased a rechargeable shaver and the replacement they sent me was a corded electric shaver. It seems to work fine, and really gives my bald head a close shave. But like I said earlier, the Customer Service lady was great, and even took my call on a Sunday! I'm just a little unhappy with the product.
on October 2, 2015
This is the second version of this trimmer I have owned. The first lasted five years of dailey use shaving my head in the shower. It charges quickly, holds a charge, the swivel head comes in handy and cleaning is ready. I would still be using my first one only the battery seeped all over the wiring inside. I decided to replace the unit vs just the battery.
on March 19, 2013
This is my second Norelco unit. Boy is this so much better. The battery is excellent that I can trim my hair and then have a lot of charge left over, It also hold charge for weeks. Absolutely the best hair groomer. The foil attachement really helps with getting a very smooth surface :-)
Philips absolutely is head and sholders above any product out there. I did a lot of research and this is really so dependable.
The only thing it lacks is a charge capacity indicator. Having said that I can confirm that I have not been in a situation when it run out of charge like the older norelco. Its very light and very well designed. Highly recomended. One last thing I dont think they have any trimmer in the market with a charge time indicator like they do on the shavers. So that is really a moot point.
on November 9, 2011
Among the Do-it-yourself (DIY) headgroomers I had, I would say that the Philips Norelco Qc5550/40 is so far, the best. I really like the part that it could really cut my hair to as short as 1mm (3/64 inch). There are just a few DIY headgroomers out there that could go as short as that. The motor sounds fairly quiet and cuts the hair with great precision. Its shaving head accessory also proves to be of great addition to the package. You can really shave down your head clean and safe. Highly recommended!
on October 5, 2014
I was on the fence about if I needed this or not. I still have a Wahl corded trimmer that I was using with no guard but it was on the way out. Had to adjust the power screw to get the heads started and then it would chatter once it got going. This does not do that and the swiveling head which I thought wouldn't be a big deal is actually pretty awesome. I don't use the 'balder' attachment so I cannot speak to how well that works but for just getting it back to a hint of stubble this works great. Gets most of it done in one pass so it has been a time saver as well.
on September 2, 2013
When I decided to go bald because of a hairless spot in the middle of my head, I dreaded it, because I know some fellows
who shave their heads and have cut , nick, and bruises all over their heads.
I didn't want to be like that. However, when I read about (Philips Norelco's QC5550 DO-It-Yourself Headgroomer, I decided to take a chance, and I'm glad I did. No cut, nicks, bruises, no nothing. Just a smooth shaven head that looks and feels great. The Shaver does exactly what it claims it will do. Wives of husbands ask me what do I use, and I tell them, the best shaver on the market, The Philips Norelco QC5550 Do-It-Yourself Headgroomer.
on December 2, 2012
OK....I keep my hair cut short and was paying a barber to cut my hair every three weeks at $20 a shot. I started thinking that looking at the $20 plus my time to travel and to wait for my turn could be done a lot better if I cut my own. So now several months after purchasing the product I can say that it has been money well spent. I do have to say I was impressed with the design of the Remington product but reading the reviews about battery life and people having to replace them every year left me no choice but to choose the product which I thought was second best and that was this Norelco. I have not been disappointed!
on May 18, 2015
Perhaps the most satisfying product of its kind: sleek and comfortable design, high performance in operation, fully accessorized, compact and easy to use. Safe and efficient for all your grooming needs. Whether for home use or on the road, this machine is durable, 120/110V charger, easily adjusted to be personalized and performs incredibly well. Comes with 2 1/2 years warranty, ships promptly and well packed. Don't look elsewhere. Highly recommended.
on June 16, 2013
This is an excellent product, especially for bald heads. It is a chore to shave your face and head daily. This makes the work much quicker and has the capability to trim facial hair. The shave is very close. The battery lasts several shaves.

On the downside: This my second unit. The first (bought locally, Toronto, Canada) unit's foil became unusable with a hole after three months use. Philips did not, and still does not, have a spare foil in parts stock. They said they would replace the complete unit but that was four months ago. The still have no stock of this shaver yet. It's made in eastern Europe. I couldn't wait any longer and ordered one from Amazon

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.