Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on February 10, 2014
Location specifics: I live within 10 miles of all of the local transmitters. However, being in a city, there is no clear line of sight to any one of them from my condo and I knew that I would have to pick up the signals via other buildings' signal reflections. That is one of the reasons why I opted for an amplified antenna. As an EE, I am always very "conservative" when it comes to signal integrity, and I would rather go for higher signal to noise ratio than to under-power the reception, knowing that I can always turn off the amplifier circuit if needed.

The build quality of this antenna is solid and the reception was very good upon connection to the TV and the antenna powered up. The channel scan on both a Sony and a Vizio HDTV went smoothly and both picked up all the expected stations clearly. One of the neighbors (facing the same direction, on the same level) has a non-amplified "flat" antenna, and there were clear artifacts; and with the Philips antenna, the signal was strong (via the TV's internal signal meters) and the noise level was non-existence. I have placed the antenna right up to the edge of the windows, and it "looks" directly outside. The amplifier works well, based on the signal meters. Both reported solid gain and it is adjustable. The (non-scientific) meter showed a maximum gain of about 10 dB, compared to the amplifier being completely off.

The only issue with it has nothing to do with the quality of the product, but the specific need I have for the mounting. I also knew this from the get-go and I would rig something together soon. The issue is that there isn't an easy way to "mount" this antenna onto a glass/smooth surface. Wall-mounting is easy. Stand mounting is also easy. But for my application (mounting it right on the window facing "out") has proved to be unintuitive. That said, it's nothing that a small design project cannot solve. For now, the blinds are holding it up nicely.

All-in-all, this is great value for money and the antenna (and the amplifier) works as it was intended. If you live very far away from the transmitters, though, it would not be the right choice. You should go to AntennaWeb and check your location, then choose the right outdoor antenna with amplifications for your purpose. This will NOT work well, and it is not the fault of the product.
on July 29, 2013
I will say I was skeptical because the comments were a little all over the place and I was nervous about spending my hard earned money on something that would not work. But let me tell you, I am stingy when it comes to comments but I will comment on this and I am COMPLETELY satisfied with this product I get all my basic channels cbs,nbc,fox,abc,9 and 11 and PBS on top of channels that I never knew I could get like the point 2 channels ( ex:2.2, 4.2) bounce tv, cosi tv, ion, the movie channel, and whole bunch of Spanish and Asian channels and other channels that I don't even know what they are, it's like I have cable. So if you want to take a chance it's a great gamble that will pay off. I am very pleased. Purchase it you won't regret it.
on January 31, 2015
Highly recommend!! I tried 2 other antennas and this one picked up about 20 more channels than the other one. I live about 15 miles from major TV stations and on a hill so that might make a difference but works great for me.
on March 28, 2013
I was really hoping to at least pickup the 3 local channels. We live approximately 30 miles from major city in rural area. Was just hoping to pick up the 3 major channels, instead however I do get all 3 PBS channels which if I had small children would be wonderful. A couple shopping channels & only 1 local. Little disappointed, and need to make sure I have installed in best part of house.
Will definitely keep you posted & update at a later time with it's improvement or lack of. It could just be operator (self) difficulties.
on May 15, 2014
We do not have cable/dish/etc.. We were having trouble with our digital tv not getting all the channels in our basement with the other antenna. With this one we are able to get all the free channels in our area with very little to no interference.. Phillips digital antennas are the best.. I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't pay for tv but has problems with weak or no signals.
on September 22, 2014
did not have the power to watch basic channels, such as channels 5, 9 and 13.... Compared to the current 12 volt antenna I am now using, that came off my son's RV trailer.... It gives a great picture, and all 139 channels come in.
Amazon was very quick shipping out product..... It just does not have enough power...
on April 14, 2012
It looks cool, and it plugs in, but don't let the appearance, or even the write-up fool you, it doesn't work any better than a pair of rabbit ears running $5 to $10 cheaper. In fact, if anything, it's weird shape and tiny stand make it hard to position, mine keeps falling over. I bought it thinking it might work better than the $13 pair of rabbit ears I bought at my local Target, but there was absolutely no difference in reception. Save your money.
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2012
My Phillips Digital Indoor TV antenna had one side snapped off. The other thin antenna had also snapped and I held it together with foil wrap with a foil cap at the top.
And it still worked.
There was more maneuvering with the broken antenna and a lot more swearing, but I still got beautiful reception when I hit a 'sweet spot'.

This is why I bought the exact duplicate Phillips antenna.
It works beautifully for me even when broken and on its last legs.

I highly recommend.
on December 29, 2012
I bought this as a gift for a friend to go along with a 19" 3 year old Phillips LCD TV when he moved into his new apartment. It works great. Without being plugged in it gets 20 channels! I will be purchasing one for myself shortly and getting rid of cable and utilizing other TV streaming sites for my favorite cable television shows. Great quality, Great reception. Excellent buy!

PRIME shopper
on January 12, 2011
I live in the Upper East Side and I don't want to pay for cable, not because I'm cheap but because I don't have the need for that many channels. I just want to be able to put the news on.
This thing gets me 20 channels when set up inside randomly. Only 10 are in English but still it is worth it as the quality is perfect.
I might get more when I set it up on the wall by the window.

The only thing "bad" I would have to say is that the rabbit ears on it are huge when deployed and take a lot of room.