Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philips SQM6415/17 Tilting LCD Wall Mount for 19-Inch to 31-Inch Screens
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I brought this device over to the home of one of my nephews, who has an LCD TV that he wanted to mount on his wall. The mounting process is simple, as advertised, and it is low profile. However, the problem with this wall mount is its limited range of tilt. It's fine if you want to use it to get your TV off a piece of furniture and up onto the wall right behind it. But it you want to mount the TV up higher out of the way, or off to the side, and expect to be able to tilt it into the proper viewing position, then this is not the mount for that purpose. The tilt range just isn't there. So although the device does what it's called in its description - a "Simply Straight" TV wall mount - it's functionality is limited to only that and don't expect more of it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a small TV I wanted to install down in the basement where I have the gym equipment. This was just the thing to attach it to the wall near the treadmill. It only took me about 20 minutes, and I am not the most adept person with doing home repair. The tilt is nice, can angle it for the treadmill viewing. Easy. Not much more you can say but that if you have a smaller tv, this is an easy solution to wall mounting.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this for our little TV in the bedroom. My hubby loves it when I buy stuff that he has to work on, not. Well it didn't hear any colorful and creative words being bellowed from our bedroom while he installed the mount and he was done in no time at all. The mount itself is pretty limited but for the space we were putting it on, it definitely served it's purpose. Recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Right out of the box, this looks like a quality product. I was impressed by the thickness and quality of the aluminum components. All the pieces look very strong and durable, finished with a smooth matte black paint job. Even the manual is printed on thick glossy paper in full color, a surprise at a time when many other manufacturers are looking to cut corners wherever they can.

It's not really a 1-2-3 installation.. more like a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 installation as each major step has several mini-steps, broken up over 9 pages. There are about 20 screws and screw plugs to install altogether. It comes with a drill bit. You supply the electric drill.

The illustrations are clear and detailed, but could be improved, especially at the beginning because I'm a home-repair newbie and it wasn't immediately obvious to me that instructions for drywall and brick installation are different. In an effort to be international, like many companies, Philips has opted for pictures only instead of multiple translations. Some of the steps do have text under them (in English, French, Spanish), so it's confusing that not all do because there is plenty of room on the page. Philips could've just written "drywall installation" and "brick" instead of just an icon. On the drywall picture, there are 2 red caution exclamation point signs near piece A. I assume this means to make sure there's a support beam behind the drywall, or that it is wood? I'm not sure. The caution page says this product is not designed for metal studs.

It comes with a 1 year warranty. A solid product if you're in the market for a mount. The packaging is mostly recyclable (made of corrugated cardboard), except for the bags that house the parts and screws.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Philips SQM6415/17 Tilting LCD Wall Mount for 19-Inch to 31-Inch Screens is a well-made, affordable TV mount with some nice innovative features. Here are some of them, plus a couple words of caution.

I have owned and installed several different types of flat-screen TV mounts and there definitely are differences between the different styles. First and foremost, though, is that you are 100% confident that the mount can adequately support the weight of your TV. Don't go just by the size (for example this one states it is designed for 19-31 inch screens). More important is to look at the maximum weight the mount can handle. Some older 30" flat screen panels can be pretty heavy. This mount states 44 lbs. I would say if your TV is close to that weight you may want to consider a more heavy-duty mount.

When I say "more heavy-duty" keep in mind that this mount only attaches to a single stud. You can get more security with most mounts by being able to attach to 2 studs. So after using this mount I probably would not use it for a screen larger than about 26".

PROS:

- Very low profile. This is an important consideration, some mounts can ruin the whole concept of mounting a monitor or TV on the wall because they stick out so far.

- Solid construction. You can be relatively secure the TV won't fall, but it appears that IS possible if someone (a child perhaps) hit the TV in an upward direction in just the wrong way, but the design makes that a very small risk.

- Built-in leveling. Although not a totally unique feature, this mount makes it as easy as straightening a painting on the wall.

- A huge variety of screws and mounting hardware to fit virtually any flat-screen monitor or TV.

- Excellent installation manual, one of the best I've ever seen, includes color photos and very clearly written guides from start to finish.

CONS:

- Only uses a single stud, so it is best for lighter TV's and monitors. User should be very sure they are attaching it SECURELY to the stud.

NEUTRAL:

- TV mount manufacturers put a lot of emphasis on "easy installation". The reality is some mounts are more complicated to install but I've only seen one that's actually "easy" and that is the picture wire type that Samsung sells. I considered it but couldn't bring myself to trust a wire for my two-thousand dollar 46" screen (I bought an extra-heavy duty mount for that TV). You're probably only going to install a mount once so ease of installation is not the most important thing to consider although there is no doubt this one is easy to install.

- Limited up/down tilt (about an inch). For most people this may not be an issue but if, like me, your TV faces windows more of a tilt may be desirable.

Phillips audio/video accessories are a respectable brand and this product easily earns five stars.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great wall mount for small TVs. It's sturdy and made out of nice quality materials. Easy to mount and hang tv! The tilting is nice to view TV for various spots in the room. Recommend, would get this again!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 12, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Philips SQM6415/17 Tilting LCD Wall Mount for 19-Inch to 31-Inch Screens mounts your 19 inch to 31 inch screen weighing less than 44 pounds onto the stud on a wall, attaching the mounted bracket to the VESA holes at the rear of a tv or monitor. Prior to receiving this wall mount, I downloaded the manual from the Phillips website, and I recommend you do the same. The manual is far from the best, mainly pictures, and like the one which arrives with the package. If you have a small monitor, then it's possible to hang this on your own, but if you have a set approaching the 31 inch size, I'd definitely recommend having two people complete the installation. Since the monitor is held to the wall on a vertical bracket, be sure you attach this to the stud and not drywall, and if you have no stud, then construct something very solid (perhaps horizontal boards attached to the studs above and below) from which to attach the bracket. If you're unsure about using a stud finder, please do not guess or assume you've found the solid wood stud. You'll need a drill and screwdriver for installation, and a pencil. I used a level to make sure the tv was even because I have a cathedral ceiling and we couldn't agree on what was level to the eye. Had the manual been better and the MSRP lower on this product, I would have rated it four rather than three stars, but all in all, I'd say it's an average wall mount.
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This wall mount is designed to be anchored to a wall stud so you can hang your LCD TV against the wall. It contains all the materials needed to bolt it to the wall and attach it to your TV - you just need your own drill, screwdriver, hammer, and stud-finder. I modified the installation a bit since I have a small drill and drill bit, so I attached the long screws directly into the wall stud rather than making a bigger hole to insert the plastic brackets for the screws to go into. The mount seems pretty well designed, though the lower extensions that regulate the angle the TV leans against the wall could have been longer so the tilt could be adjusted more. It's easy to make the TV level horizontally and I was able to attach everything pretty easily even though the instructions weren't fully clear in a couple spots (it's pretty much all pictures, with minimal description). This is good for do-it-yourselfers and this mount could be used for most smaller-size LCD TVs. I would certainly recommend this for anyone who has an LCD TV and would rather have it on the wall than on a table, stand, shelf, or cabinet.
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I recently bought my daughter a 24" flat screen tv for her bedroom. I would just set it on top of her dresser, I thought. The problem is that she also has a bunk bed/futon. So when she is in the upper bed, she's too high to see the tv correctly and when she's on the lower futon/bed she's too low to see it correctly. This mount was the perfect solution. It allowed me to take the tv off her dresser leaving more space for her other things. But most importantly it allowed me to put the tv at just the right height on the wall for viewing at high or low angles. Installation was as simple as it gets and it feels very sturdy. I've done a few of these wall mounts so I'm pretty familiar with the whole process. But I don't expect too many people will have trouble, regardless of their experience level.
on August 17, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I used this wall mount for my 23" WS gaming monitor, which also serves as a computer monitor and streaming multimedia. So, depending on what I use it for, the huge plus here is the tilting aspect. You are able to achieve the best views from many angles.

The biggest fear is proper installation in hopes that your unit will be secure. But the instructions are simple and positioning was a breeze. All you need is a standard drill. Not that big but very solid. I could easily see it fitting a larger screen than mine. Your main concern is being confident that you know where the stud is in the wall. If you don't, get a stud finder, as you should own one anyway.

The list price is about $10 too high, but worth the investment for the piece of mind that your screen will stay put.