Philips Shd8600/10 Digital Wireless Headphones
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 2.4 GHz digital transmission
- Acoustically tuned speakers
- Self adjusting inner headband
- Smart and quick charging
- Pivoting ear-shells
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Superior listening experience • Crystal-clear (2.4 GHz) digital transmission • Acoustically tuned speakers for outstanding sound quality Provides comfort for prolonged use • Self adjusting inner headband ensures a comfortable fit • Pivoting ear-shells ensure a comfortable fit Ease of use • Quick charge feature for speedy recharging • Store your receiver on the convenient docking station
Top customer reviews
1) It has been noted that these are not "audiophile" quality, but I'm no audiophile, and I find the audio to be worse than any full-cup headphones I've tried. Most notably, the digital compression artefacts (used to make it wireless) are clearly audible, dampening the sound and making it tinny and flat. The response range may be as reported on the box, but the digital compression kills that response particularly in the low end, resulting in almost ear-bud range of dynamics.
2) They are uncomfortable for me. I have an average size head and ears. They only just fit my ears, but because they use a sprung band for size variation, they only have one natural position which is for a small head, and anyone else will have slight pressure on the bottom of their ears to keep it stretched to fit. As they have no ventilation, they get hot after about an hour or two even in an air-conditioned environment.
3) The "squelch" is far too sensitive. That is, they cut out when the volume is low, so when watching a film, when there is no conversation or music, they cut out, so quiet atmospherics such as wind or traffic in the background cuts out abruptly. Very unsettling. This can be compensated for by turning up the volume on the source, and down on the headphones themselves, but that volume resets each time they are placed on the charger or turned off!
That said, these were my first pair of wireless headphones, and I love the convenience. The base-station system is excellent. Perhaps if you had a small head and ears, didn't want to wear them for long periods of time, were very insensitive to audio quality, and really wanted wireless headphones on the cheap, these may be for you.