3 Year Personal Care Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Philips Sonicare HX6877/21 ProtectiveClean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, White
|Price:||($99.95 / Count) & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$30.04 (23%)|
|Power Source||Rechargeable Battery|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.56 x 6.81 x 9.33 inches|
About this item
- Gentle yet effective to whiten teeth in just 1 week vs. a manual toothbrush
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you're brushing too hard
- Always know when to replace your brush head for an effective clean with the brush head replacement reminder
- Personalize your brushing experience with 3 intensities and 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care
- 2 minute timer with QuadPacer helps ensure Dental Professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|ProtectiveClean 4100 Plaque Control||Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Gum Health||ProtectiveClean 6100 White||Philips Sonicare ExpertClean 7500||Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300|
|Health Benefit||Cleaner teeth. Gently does it||Healthier gums. Gently does it.||Whiter teeth. Gently does it.||Expert-level clean. Expert-level progress.||Our best ever toothbrush, for complete oral care.|
|Pressure Sensor||✓||✓||✓||Pressure Sensor with Light Ring|
|BrushSync Replacement Reminder||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Brushing Guidance||2 minute timer with quadpacer, 2 weeks of battery life||2 minute timer with quadpacer, 2 weeks of battery life||2 minute timer with quadpacer, 2 weeks of battery life||2 minute timer with 6-area pacer. Progress Report via Bluetooth App.||2 minute timer with 6-area pacer. Progress Report via Smart Sensors and Bluetooth App.|
|Accessories||Charger||Travel case, charger||Travel case, charger||Charging travel case, charger||Innovative glass charger, Premium travel case|
Feel the difference of a gentle clean with our pressure sensor while whitening your teeth in 1 week. Click on the W Diamond Clean brush head to remove surface stains and reveal a whiter smile. With its densely packed central stain-removal bristles, it's clinically proven to whiten teeth in just one week. This toothbrush allows you to customize your brushing with a choice of three modes and three intensities. Clean mode is standard for superior cleaning. White is the ideal mode for removing surface stains. And gum Care mode adds an extra minute of reduced-power brushing, so you can gently massage your gums. Three intensities allow you to switch the order of 'higher' And 'lower' To align with the intensities from left to right.
Product detailsStyle Name:Handle Only | Color:White
Manual [PDF ]Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]Troubleshooting manual [PDF ]Troubleshooting manual [PDF ]Specification Sheet [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.56 x 6.81 x 9.33 inches; 1.01 Pounds
- Item model number : HX6877/21
- Batteries : 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- UPC : 075020070487
- Manufacturer : Philips Oral Healthcare
- ASIN : B078GVDB18
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,722 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #4 in Sonic Toothbrushes
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having been a hard brusher for much of my early life, the pressure sensor was theoretically one of the most important reasons that I chose this toothbrush. In my opinion, one has to press unreasonably hard while brushing to elicit the pressure sensor’s vibration change. So in its current version, I do not think this feature is realistically very helpful.
The whitening feature is real, but people should realize that it is not intended to be a whitening treatment to change the actual shade of the teeth. It can help minimize / remove extrinsic stains from coffee, wine, etc if used appropriately.
For me, an important positive not usually mentioned is that this toothbrush will lie stably on its side on a flat surface vs rolling around. So if you want to lay it on a countertop and apply toothpaste, it will stay in position and not roll over, spilling toothpaste.
The finish is rather slick, and it can be hard to keep a grip at times. The addition of a rubberized grip strip could be an improvement. I wrapped a rubber band around the handle which is tempering the problem.
Overall, this is an excellent toothbrush with quad pacer timer, 3 intensity levels, Smart Brush technology and a brush change reminder.
USING THE SONICARE TOOTHBRUSHES
- Brushing your teeth couldn't be easier or more thorough. All you have to do is move the toothbrush slowly sideways until the quadpacer timer (which comes on most models) reminds you to switch to a different row of teeth
- Results are actually visible - when paired with a good withenting toothpaste , you will not only feel but also notice that your teeth are whiter and shiner
- It only takes day or two to get accustomed to the high intensity vibrations of the toothbrush as you have avoid the back of the brush head hitting the teeth opposite to the ones you are brushing (it can be quite jarring )
- All Sonicare brush heads are intercompatible with each other (except the E-series) You can use diamond clean, Plaque control , ProResults , Simply Clean brush heads depending upon your requirements or budget . There are generic off-brand replacement options available as well
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SONICARE TOOTHBRUSH
There is a lot of options within the Sonicare lineup of toothbrushes with increasing number of features and cost and choosing the right one can be a bit confusing. I will do my best to simplify it . But one thing you want to know of sure that ALL sonicare toothbrushes are capable of their main advertised " Upto 31,000 Brush strokes per minute" , so in reality all Brush handles have the same 'Cleaning Power' and the only difference in different models is the bundled brush heads (which you can replace anyway) , speed settings , Mode settings, Pressure Sensors, travel cases and even bluetooth app connectivity ! Here is my take on a few different models , including the new 6 Series :
Series 2 - HX6211
- One of the most economical Sonicare toothbrushes and their 'entry-level' option
- Yet it delivers the same '31,000 brush strokes' cleaning power as the most expensive Sonicare model out there
- Comes with their Plaque Control brush head (HX9023) , which is also one of their most economical options . You can always swap it with another brush head like the DiamondClean
- Has a NiMh rechargeable battery instead of Li-Ion to reduce costs , as a result its handle is thicker
- Some store exclusive models also have the quadpacer timer
- Single speed, but has a beginner mode which gently ramps up speed over the first 15 brushings
- $49 on Amazon
- Has 3 speed, 2 Mode settings
- Has a Li-Ion battery and hence a slimmer handle
- Comes with a plastic travel case
- Comes with the DiamondClean brush head (HX6063/64) which is one of their best available brusheads in terms of whitening performance
- Currently on sale at $49 on Amazon (as of 20th Feb) , which makes it an exceptional value for money
Series 6 - ProteciveClean (This listing)
- Has 3 speed settings
- Adds a pressure sensor as well which gently warns you by pulsing its speed creating a rhythmic sound if you press the toothbrush too hard . This is not only good for your gums but also helps in making the brush heads (which are expensive) last longer
- Also has a brush head replacement reminder indicator
- 3 Modes with which get selected automatically if you use the newer smart brush heads (which have a WiFi like symbol) . This smart select is somewhat gimmicky as you can always select the modes manually. Also the smart chip enabled brush heads are more expensive than the regular non-chip models
- Comes with the new Diamond clean (HX6063/65) chip enabled brush head. Which is really the same brush head as the regular DiamondClean head HX6063/64 with an additional embedded chip
- Quadpacer, Li-Ion battery , Travel Case
- You can also consider other models in the ProtectiveClean series if you like the pressure sensor, Models such as the 5100 or 4100 drop some features like speed control, mode control in favour of a lower cost
According to me the main feature for the Sonicare ProtectiveClean Series is its pressure sensor which not only makes it gentle on sensitive gums , but also makes its brush heads last longer . It strikes a good balance between usable features and cost without superfluous features like a mobile app etc . So if you like a Pressure Sensor equipped Sonicare (which I highly recommend) you cant go wrong with the ProtectiveClean Series (6100, 5100, 4100)
This toothbrush has much less power then my previous Sonicare. I have owned several of these over the years. This one is by far the worst. Even at its highest setting, I can not get the power I got from my previous Sonicare brushes. If I push harder against my teeth, it just stops vibrating. The gap between the end of the toothbrush and the handle is larger then it should be, but it does not push down any further. After being a Sonicare user for many years, I am switching to Oral B.
Top reviews from other countries
Je recommande cet achat.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.