Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 23, 2015
I was surprised to see this Sonicare toothbrush under $40, and went ahead and bought it. Here's what I think after 5 months:

Pros:

* Seems to clean pretty well. Leaves teeth feeling shiny. Nice to have that fresh from the dentist feeling every morning.
* My brother has what appears to be pretty much the same model for several years and it's still going, so durability is good.
* My dental hygienist recommended it.
* The included brush head is durable and lasts longer than 3 months, at least for me.
* Comes with a coupon for $5 off replacement brush heads.

Cons:

* Replacement brush heads, even with the coupon, cost a lot. My brother got one of the cheaper knockoff replacement brush heads and I can see little strands of bristles hanging out. (not frayed, but almost falling out) So I'm going to wait for a deal on the genuine ones.
* The included brush head is pretty small in comparison to your average manual toothbrush, perhaps 60% of the size. You can buy bigger (and softer) ones. See photo which compares it to a Colgate 360 manual toothbrush.
* The instructions say to brush for 2 minutes on the fronts and backs of your teeth, but neglect to mention the chewing surfaces - probably the most important part of your teeth to brush!
* After a few uses, it changes from a "gentle" introductory mode to a more "powerful" mode. It is quite a bit more powerful, and I wish I could change it back. Even the gentle mode is too much for my girlfriend, who promptly said she's never going to use it, and will stick with her manual Colgate 360 brush.

Tips:

* You don't (and probably shouldn't) press down when brushing with this brush - it might harm your enamel. (and will wear out the head faster)
* All Sonicares are basically the same unit, with fancier and possibly unnecessary features at the high end. The higher end ones are thinner and lighter though.

Overall, recommended at this price. There's currently a $10-off coupon at Amazon, so you can get it for $29.95 now.
review image review image
44 comments| 585 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2016
It works well! Love it!
review image review image
on December 1, 2016
My first electric toothbrush and I can definitely notice a difference in how clean my teeth are. I disabled the easy mode when I got it. Runs for 2 minutes and each 30 seconds it stops for a split second to let you know to move to the next area of your teeth. Straight forward and I'm glad I bought it.
on January 11, 2016
I am a long-time Sonicare user and have been very pleased over the years, apart from the cost. When it came time to replace my flexcare, I thought I'd try this new no-frills base model. As other reviewers have noted, I found that this newer model's vibration and noise level more than I could bear and returned it. I'll likely stick with Sonicare, but spend the extra $$ for what I'm used to. #firstworldproblems
on April 28, 2017
Love my toothbrush. I have had it a long time now and it still works perfectly and is sleek. My last Sonicare was bulky and trapped bacteria inside- ick! This one is much more compact and I have not had those issues! The price was also awesome.
on June 15, 2016
Great for the price. Did not like the toothbrush head that came with it (was used to the head that comes with the more expensive version that I had before that broke) but just swapped out the head for the diamond one and works just as good as the $150 sonicare I had before. Only difference between this one and the more expensive one is the three different settings which I never used anyway.
on February 20, 2016
I bought this one for my son. After a year of use I just had the easiest check-up and cleaning ever. The high speed bristles kept my gums clean and healthy and reduced plaque buildup in hard to reach areas inside my mouth. Use of the scaler (why do I want to call it a calculator?) was sharply reduced. With the smaller brush head I was even able to get behind my rear molars and keep that chunk of tartar I often get from forming over the course of my last two visits.

All in all, I'd call it an unqualified success and I wanted the same for my son.
on May 16, 2016
I guess it is a good product. It was recommended by my dental hygienist and it does clean well.
However there is a definite learning curve (and I was warned about it).
When you first use it there is an intense feeling of vibration and a very loud high-pitched whine. (I actually used ear plugs for the first week).
To me it felt like having a filling without anesthetic, but I am probably a wimp. However after a week I now find it tolerable. However I am still using the introductory half power mode.
on May 11, 2016
I never expected my best purchase of all time to be a toothbrush, but it is. This toothbrush works wonders! I would have gladly paid double or triple the price for this baby. This is a worthwhile investment because it saved me a few hundred bucks already from going to the dentist. I brush my teeth every night but each year when I get my teeth cleaned at the dentist and he always tells me that I need to floss and brush my teeth more. After getting the Sonicare, the next time I went to the dentist, he said that my teeth had next to no plaque on it. The vibrations feels great on my teeth, so brushing-time became spa-time instead of chore-time.

TL:DR - This toothbrush will change your life!
on February 3, 2016
I have used another brand electric toothbrush for about 10 years so when it needed replacement, I thought I would try the Philips. I was very impressed, the head is nice and small for getting into tight spots and the level of cleaning was better than my old rotating type. It holds a charge for well over a week which saves me taking the charge unit when I travel. All in all - a great brush.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.