Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2017
Pros:
Great price (I paid $40)
One speed (this is a big plus for me)
Excellent quality
Same 31,000 brush strokes per minute as other Sonicare electric brushes that cost twice as much
2 years global warranty
90 days money back guarantee
Charger included (100-240V AC, 50-60Hz)
Easy-start feature (for those who are new to electric brushing)
Quadpacer (during brushing it reminds you every 30 sec with a short beep and a pause)
Smartimer (shuts off automatically after 2 minutes)
Comes with NiMH battery (NiMH batteries have no memory). So you can leave it plugged in.
You can buy this model in different colors

Cons:
Rudimentary battery level indicator
Takes up to 48 hours to charge from 0 to 100%
Does not come with a travel case
Does not have a Lithium battery

Final thoughts :
I have been using sonicare for many years. In my personal opinion Philips toothbrushes are far more superior than Oral-b when it comes to plaque removal. I highly recommend this unit over more expensive models beause it does the same good job at half the price. Also I like the fact that it has only one speed (unlike its expensive siblings where you can accidently change speed during brushing). So if your primary goal is to clean and remove plaque then you just need one speed.
Don't hesitate buy it you will thank me later.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2015
I was surprised to see this Sonicare toothbrush under $40, and went ahead and bought it. Here's what I think after 5 months:

Pros:

* Seems to clean pretty well. Leaves teeth feeling shiny. Nice to have that fresh from the dentist feeling every morning.
* My brother has what appears to be pretty much the same model for several years and it's still going, so durability is good.
* My dental hygienist recommended it.
* The included brush head is durable and lasts longer than 3 months, at least for me.
* Comes with a coupon for $5 off replacement brush heads.

Cons:

* Replacement brush heads, even with the coupon, cost a lot. My brother got one of the cheaper knockoff replacement brush heads and I can see little strands of bristles hanging out. (not frayed, but almost falling out) So I'm going to wait for a deal on the genuine ones.
* The included brush head is pretty small in comparison to your average manual toothbrush, perhaps 60% of the size. You can buy bigger (and softer) ones. See photo which compares it to a Colgate 360 manual toothbrush.
* The instructions say to brush for 2 minutes on the fronts and backs of your teeth, but neglect to mention the chewing surfaces - probably the most important part of your teeth to brush!
* After a few uses, it changes from a "gentle" introductory mode to a more "powerful" mode. It is quite a bit more powerful, and I wish I could change it back. Even the gentle mode is too much for my girlfriend, who promptly said she's never going to use it, and will stick with her manual Colgate 360 brush.

Tips:

* You don't (and probably shouldn't) press down when brushing with this brush - it might harm your enamel. (and will wear out the head faster)
* All Sonicares are basically the same unit, with fancier and possibly unnecessary features at the high end. The higher end ones are thinner and lighter though.

Overall, recommended at this price. There's currently a $10-off coupon at Amazon, so you can get it for $29.95 now.
review image review image
44 comments| 780 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2017
Does the job. I ordered this and a Oral B circular head spinner for the lady, I hate to say it, but I've used the Philipps Sonicare since their first addition years ago but after ordering extra heads and trying the Oral B spinner head, I preferred the Oral B. I ordered extra heads for both and tried them out for a few weeks a piece.
on May 19, 2017
i dont know why the box have3 brushes head and i only get 1 . when i buy it said have3
review image
on September 28, 2015
This is my favorite of the Sonicare line. Cheaper ones are heavier and open to use disposable batteries. That opening will always fail eventually and let water in, killing the brush.

This one has a light weight built in battery, so it is all sealed up tight. I expect this to last much longer than the others. The battery hold a charge for a long time, and the charging dock is small and convenient.

I will also add that this is much lighter than the other. I was surprised by that.

More expensive models will not have any more useful features than this. They usually have goofy widgets that really serve no purpose but to allow the manufacturer to charge more for the same thing.

I love Sonicare brushes. They work better than regular brushing. You will understand just how much better when you try it. It is absolutely without any doubt worth the money,

This is the specific model I recommend. More money will not get your teeth any cleaner.
on April 3, 2016
It does exactly what it is suppose to do.

Pros:
1. It has a strong, constant vibration.
2. It has quarterly pauses to notify you of your 2-minute brushing progress (30 seconds, 1 min, 1min30sec)
3. MOST IMPORTANT! This design changes how the original E-Series Sonicare worked. The actual brush head no longer has a cap-like attachment whereby bacteria and black mold can grow under. This head simply slides onto the vibrating metal tip of the handle itself. This inhibits any bacterial growth. Such a simple fix it makes me wonder why Philips didn't do this originally.
4. Weight is perfect
5. Battery lasts a week-long work trips!

CONS:
The black material may show toothpaste and needs to be cleaned appropriately. Easy enough!
on February 1, 2016
I used to have the Sonicare HealthyWhite, but it recently died. I decided to buy this one simply because it had good reviews and is cheaper. I've been using it for about a week and I think it is very comparable to the HealthyWhite. This toothbrush is a bit louder, but it doesn't bother me. The handle is also more slippery. The HealthyWhite had a rubber grip on the outside, so this toothbrush feels slippery in comparison. I think it is something I will quickly get used to. Overall, I think this is a great toothbrush. I really like the smartimer and the quadpacer.
on September 11, 2017
This is a great toothbrush and does a fabulous job of cleaning. However, this is the third handle we've had to replace for the same reason: the metal pin that connects the handle to the brush head gets loose and starts to vibrate terribly. When that happens, it gets super loud and doesn't do a good job of cleaning because the brush head is floppy and you can't aim correctly. I've seen on blogs that this is a common problem. This time, I'm buying the extended warranty and hoping for the best.
on May 17, 2016
This is the first electronic toothbrush I have bought, it works OK except the brush head has extremely loud noise from day one. I thought this was normal because I have never used electronic toothbrush before, but it gets really annoying after the Easy Start finished. My friend told me this has happened in his family before, and it's due to the defective brush head. So I ordered another pack of brush heads of the same brand and tried each of them, all three having much much lower noise, indicating the original brush head coming with the toothbrush is dysfunctional.

I could no longer return the original brush head because it has been a month now. I hope the company could pay more attention to the quality of their brush heads in the future as some of these are clearly defective.
on December 10, 2016
I asked with two toothbrush but its arrived incomplete '
knowing that item completely closed!!
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.