Phillips Frankel "Memory Cork" Vine Grape Cork Holder Necklace
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The Memory Cork Collection is inspired by the wine cork saved from the first bottle of wine that co-designer Lisa Frankel shared with her now husband on their first date in 1977
- Each necklace is designed to allow the wearer to insert a removable personal cork, and features a vineyard creature as well as an engrave able plate so that the wearer's memory can be personalized and preserved forever
- The Collection allows the millions of women who have had a memorable occasion involving a bottle of wine or champagne to preserve the memory and carry it with them at all times, near their heart
- Made to fit a 21mm diameter cork
Phillips Frankel's "Memory Cork" Vine Grape Cork Holder Necklace is an imaginative way to preserve a special memory. Each necklace is designed to allow the wearer to insert a cork, from a memorable bottle or occasion. It also features a vineyard creature and an engraveable plate to commemorate the event. It's almost 2 inches high and made to fit a standard cork. The cork holder and its 34-inch rolo chain are crafted of vermeil gilded sterling silver. This piece makes a wonderful gift, when you choose the cork and present the necklace.
Classically chic is at the core of the Phillips Frankel philosophy. From the cover story of WWD to Oprah’s famed The "O" List to dressing the First Lady for her historic meeting with Queen Elizabeth II and the Royal Family, Phillips Frankel has experienced a whirlwind of success since it released its first public collection just over a year ago, following a decade of exclusive private label design.
The origins of Phillips Frankel can be traced back to a bottle of Château Léoville Poyferré, ’55, shared between Lisa Phillips and Dr. Robert Frankel on their first date. Lisa saved the cork and fashioned it into a pendant, adding a 14-karat gold bead and stringing the DIY bauble on a leather cord. Shortly thereafter, the couple married and started a family together. Lisa began using Robert’s dental lab and tools as a playground to explore her favorite hobby: jewelry design. She worked with dental wax, drills, files and filling gold to design one-of-a-kind jewelry, using her newly-born daughter Danielle as her inspiration and later, her model. This passion evolved into a small business, and when Danielle graduated from university, the duo began designing together.
Lisa and Danielle did not set out to build an international jewelry label, but as they designed more, their notoriety grew and word spread quickly among various social and charitable circles. It was not long before they outgrew that corner in the dental lab, and in 2007, the two officially formed the label Phillips Frankel and opened private design studio and showroom, which proved a huge success.
Following much anticipation, in Spring 2010, Phillips Frankel released its first publicly-available collection. The launch was featured by fashion’s leading industry authority, Women’s Wear Daily (WWD), as its cover story (Ring It On, April 26, 2010). Since that date, Phillips Frankel has expanded to two continents, has graced the cover or pages of almost every fashion magazine to note, has been worn by celebrities alike and has become a staple in the jewelry wardrobe of the First Lady of the United States. We hope you enjoy shopping the collection on endless.com.
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 9.2 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- ASIN: B004WKQNGE
- Item model number: CN2905GRPV
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 5, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review: