Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on February 1, 2017
I ordered this book eons ago for a philosophy class I took in Italy. The basics of this book was clear to a certain extent and it served its purpose. I don't exactly agree with every theory, thought, and idea that was presented in the book BUT that's to be expected. Otherwise, no issues with the seller or the delivery of said item.
on July 27, 2013
Just as promised in other reviews of this book which influenced my choice, this is the best introductory text on philosophy of religion that i have so far read. i found the exposition to be refreshingly clear and the logical arrangements very helpful. After finishing the book, I have continued to read bits and pieces of the different sections to better appreciate the range of representative problems confronting this field of knowledge. Now I own both the hard copy which was my first purchase and a Kindle version that enables me to take this handy book everywhere.
on February 3, 2013
This book was used for a lower level class at my university for a Philosophy of Religion course and I found it to be extremely helpful in understanding the course subjects as well as in understanding the topic at all. It is a little hard to read unless experienced with philosophy and religion terminology, but a very well written book.
on January 4, 2016
Came in a timely fashion and had a such a great price!!!!
on March 26, 2010
I used this book for a college course I had. It is possible to discuss religion and the belief of God in general terms without bringing in any Scriptures of any sort. Very well laid out and the book was able to explain some difficult philosophical ideas in easy to understand terms and examples.
on August 8, 2015
Clear, concise, comprehensible...it's a pleasure to read.
on July 26, 2010
This is ideal for the student or general reader wanting to understand the basic principles of the philosophy of religion in an enjoyable, intelligent, yet painless way!
on January 27, 2016
This was a required book for the class. The book was beyond my understanding.
on August 28, 2014
It has a bunch of highlights and red pen all in it. It will be hard to read and do my own notes with all of this in the book. I am keeping it only because I need it for my class right away. I will try to use different color to differentiate between mine and the others but this will be hard.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2017
Rowe's introduction to the philosophy of religion is the best I've read. The reason it is the best is that the others I have read are written by religious thinkers who ultimately seem unable to treat religion in a no holds barred critical light. Rowe takes off the kid gloves and actually subjects religion to the tools of philosophical evaluation in a way that other texts have not. Even so, Rowe's treatment is not guilty of the opposite sin that texts written by religious apologists are. Rowe treats religious concepts fairly, rather than being a dogmatic, dismissive atheist. If I were to teach an introductory course on the philosophy of religion, this would definitely be the text for that task. The only thing I would change about the book is the addition of a whole chapter on God and morality. I found Rowe's chapter on the problem of evil, especially the section on the evidential problem, to be particularly useful, as he is one of the most important writers on the subject.