BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon

Showing 11-20 of 850 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 876 reviews
on September 27, 2015
I purchased these strips to test the pH of one of my cat's urine. He is susceptible to urinary tract blockage by struvite crystals, so it's important to ensure his urine remains slightly acidic. Shortly after purchasing the Phinex test strips, I had to have my cat's urine tested my veterinary's office, so I took the strips with me for them to do a side by side test. Their strips indicated 6.5, the Phinex strips indicated 6.25. Basically a perfect match as the vet's strips only measure in 0.5 increments, while the Phinex strips measure in 0.25 increments. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on February 17, 2016
A lot of strips for a great price. Great for at home testing. The color chart is not perfect, but close enough for personal use. Do read the instructions and follow them. This allows you to get the best reading, since the colors will change slightly if you look again a minute or two later. For me, these were useful to check for acidity related to kidney stones. The bottom of the strip has enough room to write on (if you write small) a date, ph level number and a number 1 or 2 for the first or second reading. You could also just keep a separate log if you need to keep track long term. The case is a bit awkward to close up again with all of the strips fitting into the skinny lid, but it is doable. Overall - I am very satisfied with this product.
on February 13, 2017
Very pleased with our Phinex Ph test strips. We bought them to monitor our cat's urine Ph since he is prone to crystals. Finally made the plunge to get him off a Veterinary Special diet and move to a higher end, grain free chicken food that is reputed to maintain good urinary tract health. But we weren't about to switch foods without monitoring his Ph levels. The strips are easy to use and the comparison chart easy to interpret. I like the fact that they come in two, 50 strip plastic boxes. We live in a very humid environment, and these boxes will keep the dampness out.
on October 14, 2016
I always keep these around for a quick pH reading of hydroponic nutrient solutions. They are easy to use and last forever. I use them in conjuction with a digital meter (preferred) and the liquid pH drops.
on July 24, 2014
I bought my first Test Strips in a local pharmacy. They no longer sell them, neither do any of the other pharmacies and i could not find them at two of the Health Food Stores. I know of one more but it is further away so I didn't check there. I ordered these. I like the old better but I cannot recall the name of the "old" test strips.

My brother says they aren't selling PH test strips in pharmacies because they don't want people to know if they eat correctly they won't need their pills. Maybe so! All my friends younger and older are on some kind of pill. I'm 67 and only taking vitamins and I'm the same size I was when in High School. There has to be something said about You ARE WHAT YOU EAT.
on March 11, 2016
They work for urine testing, but the packaging makes it quite a pain to get the lid back on. It's good because it measures quarter units. If you are buying these to test urine, don't get the ones that use 0 to 14 ph, because the half and quarter marks will be missing. There is another brand, however, which is better than this, because the lid is more manageable. It has a round bottle with screw cap, and costs a little more.
on October 30, 2013
Like: it is doing what it is designed to. Convenient little tool for quick references.

Dislike:
- It takes time and effort to place the cover back on without having some of the sticks staying out. Suggestion: Either make the stick a quarter inch shorter or the box a quarter inch longer so the cover can be replaced on the box without leaving some sticks outside of the cover.
- Because of the tight space in the box, half of the sticks are placed with testing end up and the other half with testing end down inside the box, this caused that our finger wl be grabbing the testing end of the stick when taking them out of the box, not sure if skin oil and other things from the finger wl affect the readings. Best to design it such that all testing end should be down inside the box without being contaminated by the finger or other things.
on February 5, 2015
For the price they are ok, but.

Its hard to tell the difference in color between 6.0PH and 6.25PH, or 6.5 PH and 6.25. That is a difference in having normal PH and being to acidic. I have started monitoring my PH 6 months ago.

And sometimes the top color will read one PH level as the bottom reads a different level.

These are OK for a general overview for the money, but I want to be more precise. I had cancer and believe a healthy PH level will combat against getting it again.

I will try another product once I run out of this supply.
on August 7, 2015
The item itself may be better than 3 stars, but take a close look at the picture included here in the item details. See how all the test portions of the strip are at the top? Well that was obviously done specifically for marketing purposes to make the picture "more attractive". I don't have any issue with changes like that to better their marketing, but when the instructions clearly state DO NOT TOUCH THE TESTING END OF THE STRIP and they ship it to me with about half of strips pointing up like that, how exactly am i suppose to get them out of the package without touching the ends? I had to dump the entire container out, and use a tweezer to pick them up in the middle and deposit them back into a ziplock bag so I can more easily manipulate them when removing to get one out without touching the ends. Yep, it's a minor point - but one that should and could be easily fixed by properly packaging the items with all the testing side FACING DOWN in the container. Simple fix = 5 stars.
on November 18, 2015
I really like this Ph strips. The box is very thin not my favorite but overall is one of the best strips on the market. Every time I juice green vegetables and I check the ph of my pee it always raises my ph. If I eat acidic food it shows as well so it's nice to get an idea about my body's current ph state. If I check my ph and is over 7.00 by seeing the acid motivates me to eat healthier. Good product although I wish the box would be different. It doesn't stand on it's own easily can be knocked over so it's not steady to keep around especially in the bathroom. I wish it was in the rounded box.