Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on January 22, 2014
Please beware...if you are/were a regular user of Phisoderm ORIGINAL FORMULA, please be aware that this is not it. I purchased this product solely based on the photo showing that it was the original formula, only to find out when I received it that they swapped it with the new formula. I called the Mentholatum company and they no longer make the original formula. They have now added a moisturizer to the product plus 3 additional ingredients. I have now used this product for one week and my face is flaming red, so obviously I cannot tolerate the addition of the moisturizer. When I called Mentholatum, I was told that they are getting numerous complaints and that those complaints are being forwarded to the quality control division. I am hoping that with enough complaints from consumers like me who are not able to use the new product, that our original formula will be back on the market.

Meantime, while looking at the reviews, be sure to check the date of the review. Anything prior to late 2012 is in regards to the Original formula which was wonderful.

I expect that eventually Amazon will update the picture to represent the true product, in the meantime...if you are looking for the original formula, do not buy.
on February 8, 2017
Been using this for years and loved it, but no longer. Whatever's in the new formula, it's no longer gentle on sensitive skin. It stings and has caused repeated breakouts. Sadly, the return window is now closed and I'm stuck with three more bottles of this crud.

Why do companies keep changing formulas that work perfectly well?
on May 28, 2015
I didn't like this product. It caused my face to breakout. I am disappointed because I ordered the other phisoderm for sensitive skin product with the Brown cap that has the vitamin E, aloe and chamomile. I have used it for years until 2014. I ordered it last year from Amazon two or three times but Amazon kept sending this one. I reordered because I thought they just got the order wrong. It looks like they don't sell the one with the Brown cap,(vit E, aloe and chamomile) anymore. I did try adding some aloe gel to it but it's not the same. I will continue searching for the original phisoderm elsewhere.
on May 28, 2014
Been dealing with adult acne, some of it cystic, for about 10 years now (I'm 45). I never had skin problems as as teenager and I remembered that this was what I used then - along with a buf puf. I have tried every product made for acne, in all price ranges, over the past 10 years - even prescriptions - and nothing has done as well as this and a buf puf. I switched back about a week ag and My greasy, oily face is no longer that way. I used to have to blot several times a day. Now I don't need to at all. My huge pores have all but disappeared and the scars are fading. I still have breakouts, but they clear up in a day or two. If that much can change in one week, I can't wait to see how it goes in the coming weeks.
on June 16, 2016
I love this stuff! I have been using it for years after doing some research. I used to buy it off of some other website where it was always sold out, but then I stumbled upon it on amazon. It's a 4 pack and it's cheaper! I have oily/combo skin that is acne prone and very fair. If you have never tried a PH balancing cleanser is highly recommend this stuff. I use this every day and night after I take off my makeup and when I wake up in the morning. And for a girl that works in fast food this like balancing comes in handy! Lol
on March 19, 2017
I had been looking in the drugstore for this and the clerk at Walgreens told me to go to Amazon!nI was happy.
on May 31, 2016
The product inside the container is great, but the plunger gadget on top DID NOT WORK. I have to lift the thing before each push. This was true for each of the four bottles of this order. An earlier order did not have this annoying problem.

Later post: the seller kindly sent me a couple of bottles with functioning plungers. I will order again when I need more, assuming this issue was a once-only thing.
on July 28, 2014
I have been using Phisoderm since I was a teen and knows it well. I have been using the cream cleanser for sensitive skin since 2011 and have ordered them on Amazon since last year. The last pack was received 2-3 months ago. First it smells different from the previous ones I had. It also irritates when I had cuts on my face. It may be the substandard product sold on Amazon for cheaper price. I am not sure this is the same cleanser that I used to purchase. I will purchase different Phisoderm cleanser next time.
on March 24, 2017
Best soap on the market.
on January 2, 2015
I bought this thinking it was the same cleanser I've purchased for years. The bottle looks the same but instead of gel cleanser it says cream cleanser. It has the consistency of hand lotion, is greasy, and my skin doesn't feel clean. The gel cleanser would make suds on my wash cloth but this stuff just disappears into it leaving a greasy residue. I had to buy the 4 pack of gel cleanser from a non prime seller so I'm hoping that doesn't mean it's being discontinued since this cream cleanser is so horrible.