Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 13, 2009
I purchased this during the Phoenix Gold clearance on Amazon, and for the price, nothing touches it, not even close. This thing reminds me of my IDQ12, SQ wise, while being able to pound much harder! Get one while you can!

Although designed to fit in small boxes, don't be afraid to run this sub in a slightly larger box (1.25-2.0 cubic feet), that will really allow it to play super low, into the low 20's (in car). It already has great output in the 30's. I'd also suggest having a strong set of midbasses up front.

It has a high xmax (throw), and does it differently than most sub manufacturers do these days. Instead of using a w-i-d-e surround, which decreases the effective piston area, PG uses a tall one, preserving much of the effective area, giving you more output. Usually when I install a sub, I recess it 0.75 inches (the thickness of a sheet of MDF), well for this beast, I had to recess it 1.5 inches, due to the height of the surround.

The cone material is quite dead, like my old IDQ12, and doesn't "ring" like some other, even highly regarded subs do.

(I also considered the RSD-12, less money even, but the airspace I had was too small for it, so the RSDC-12 fit the bill.)

Bottom line, this is a GREAT sub. At the clearance prices, its historic.

As of 6/2013, this subwoofer driver is now being used as a home theater sub, and it is fantastic! Luckily, it modeled pretty decently in a 4 cu ft box, ported, and it sounds so sweet and yet so forceful...
on September 16, 2015
Very nice sub, good power handling
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2010
WELL I PURCHASE THIS ITEM TAKING A CHANCE. BUT I TELL U, WOW THIS DOES POUND I ONLY PURCHASE ONE AND IT PUMPS IN MY CAR. JUST ALSO FINISH DYNAMATT IN MY TRUNK AND I TELL U IT SOUNDS BEATIFULL. MY FRIEND HAS TWO KICKER AND ALL HE TALKS ABOUT IS ON HOW DEEP MY BASS SOUNDS... AND CLEAR!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.