Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 122 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on September 17, 2013
Am a baby boomer with almost two hundred 45's that I bought in my youth. They've been setting in my basement for the past 35 years in a plastic basket with no paper sleeves. Needless to say, they were dirty and some had begun to mildew. Rather than see them end up in the landfill, decided to clean them & buy some paper sleeves for protection. Found this cleaner and thought it seemed easy to use and the price was reasonable. I have already cleaned almost half my records and this product is doing a beautiful job. I just mist the spray product on the record and wipe around the record with a nice-sized microfiber cloth that came with the spray. It won't take off scratches, but the dirt & mildew just wipe away easily. In fact, my cloth (which is washable) already needs laundered as it has taken the dirt off of the records so well. Also, a product insert tells you how to get more spray or cloths if you need them. Would definitely recommend this product for it's ease of use and very reasonable price.
on May 19, 2015
I use this for a quick wipe down of my records before listening to them and returning them to the sleeve. Before I owned a record cleaning machine (Record Doctor V) this did a nice job of cleaning the dust and debris off the record. In my opinion it is in no way a substitution for a vacuum and a deep cleaning solution like the ones made by Mobile Fidelity but as a casual vinyl listener I also don't believe in the need to run the record through the full vacuum process for every playback.

The microfiber cloth alone makes the purchase worthwhile. It's one of the finest cloths I've owned and it does an excellent job of picking up dust, hair, etc. without leaving a trail when lifting it off the vinyl. I will usually use the cloth for a dry wipe or wet with either distilled water or the included solution depending on how must dust got on the record in between listens. I don't like using solutions without vacuum for fear of it being trapped in the groove but I have no reason to believe this solution is leaving any residue, just playing it safe.

I can't say anything bad about this product. It's a great option for a quick cleaning when the full deep clean and rinse with the vacuum process might be unnecessary or too time consuming.
on July 22, 2015
Wonderful for records! I had purchased some old records at an antique store that were so dirty they wouldn't play well. After using this, they shine and play like brand new!
review image
on February 16, 2015
I took a chance on this and I must say for the price I am a happy camper! PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Less is more, too much and you get a weird gunk that builds up on the stylus and causes it to skate out of groove and for someone who has paid more for their stylus than they do for 2 car payments - that's concerning. But I rated it four stars because it is an AWESOME product, just use very little and don't be afraid to use some elbow grease when using the cloth - in the direction of the grooves of course. Thanks to this system my 45 of Helter Skelter sounds better than I've ever heard it before! Same goes with my beloved Billie Holiday LP - Thanks guys for making a solid product - Might be worth it to provide better and more explicit instructions for people but hey for less than $15 I got some of that magic back from two discs that I thought had seen their best days.
on April 15, 2014
This simple product does a great job of cleaning records and if used correctly wont damage the vinyl. I don't know if there is really anything special about the fluid but it combined with the cloth works very well
on February 21, 2014
Product does what it describes and records all cleaned up as expected. I would recommend for anyone needing to clean records.
on March 2, 2014
this works great records play real smooth; no skipping, these records are 30 years or more old! Highly recommend- just get records with no scratches and you're good.
on February 12, 2016
You cannot use this on 78's. Was not told this before I bought it. If you need to clean 78's don't buy this.
on August 5, 2015
I love this product. Very simple to use, the cloth is excellent, and the solution dries in no time. I had bought a few used records that had gunk and dirt all over them but after using the Phenix solution, they both played like new. I wish I would have taken "before" pictures of my dirty vinyls because the difference is outstanding. A great buy! It even came with instructions on where to get refills and such :)
on August 18, 2016
I'm using this on the record collection I got from my parents. Some of the LPs are over 50 years old and probably have never been cleaned. This stuff really works well. I am now in the habit of cleaning every record before I play it. The sound quality difference between uncleaned and cleaned LPs is amazing. Much less noise and much better fidelity.