Photek Softlighter II, 46 inch Umbrella with Diffuser.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- White reflective surface, free of bleaches and fluorescence, perfectly reflects the color of your light.
- Stout black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface and a more perfect circle of light, so flattering when seen as catch lights in the eyes.
- So versatile a product is the SOFTLIGHTER II, that by removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the SOFTLIGHTER II becomes everything a softbox promises. It becomes a shoot through diffuser providing light that canbe used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill
- Final touch. The SOFTLIGHTER II sets up in moments. Its unique translucent cover fits directly onto the tips of the SOFTLIGHTER II. A totally fireproof material creates its own collar around the lighthead, with no time consuming fitting of mounting collars or rib setups involved.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Photek SoftLighter II 46\" Umbrella takes light from your strobe head or monolight, reflects it into its white, silver, or gold panel, then softens it again with a diffuser on its way out. This ultra soft umbrella includes one each gold and silver light enhancing discs. These light modifiers can alter the color of your light or give it more sparkle and contrast, as well as increasing light output by a half stop. This 46\" size is perfect for a 1 - 2 person head-to-waist shot, or 3x4 ft product setup. It will illuminate ~11 sq ft. Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes. The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control. With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the SoftLighter II becomes a \"softbox\" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill. Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the SoftLighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor). Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was very pleased with it after using it for the first time in an outdoor portrait shoot. The light quality was indeed good, especially considering the price. Set up was quick and painless, but I did note that the metal bits (shaft and ribs) seemed kind of flimsy for such a large umbrella. No matter, I am gentle with my equipment. On the second shoot, again outdoors, I set up on a sturdy light stand and added a couple of five pound sandbags to keep it from being knocked over. Halfway through, a MILD gust of wind came in from the side and bent four of the ribs! The stand did not even budge, despite only ten pounds holding it down and the umbrella up around 8 feet. I know this is not Profoto (nor the price), but I am pretty bummed that a $120 modifier was trashed so easily. Annie can afford to throw them away after each use - I can't, and I also can't recommend this flimsy thing for outdoor use.
Works Great! I like it!
Ease of use
Quick and simple assembly and tear down
When using hotshoe flash like the SB-700, very tricky to get the sock over it.