Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Photive PHML-L3 Wireless Shutter Release Remote For Nikon D5300, D3200, D5100, D5000, D7000, D600, D610, D80, D90, p7000, P7100, Nikon J1, V1, Nikon 1 AW1 Digital SLRS(Replaces Nikon PHML-L3)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 21, 2013
i bought this item after having bought a wired remote, not the best choice. i recently used this to take night shots of different locations during the winter. about 9 degrees Fahrenheit. for those of you who know night photography, it is time conscious and consuming a single image can take from 30 seconds to a few hours depending on what you want as an end result. so back to the beginning, it was VERY COLD out and i had the perfect area for shooting, but didnt want to freeze my butt off. so i set up my camera which i was surprised actually functioned in those cold conditions. sat in my car and used the remote from the warmth of my car to take 4 hours worth of photos (only 9 photos total) and the remote worked fantastically.
on July 11, 2012
It works great, only set your nikon d3200 to remote release shutter and that's it! yoou can take picture without touching your camera! 100% recommended!
on December 8, 2011
I got this remote because of the price. Actually, I didn't any hope that will be a good product. Well, I was wrong. This remote work great with my Nikon D7000 and D90 cameras. For the price ($6) you cannot get any better than that.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2012
I don't know what the distance is but I've used this item now for two interior shoot and it works fantastically with the Nikon D5100. Just remember to turn on the remote function on the camera.
on December 15, 2012
This inexpensive replacement for Nikon's ML-L3 wireless remote has been great for use with a D3200, working with the camera right out of the box. Its 16' range is mostly accurate, but it fires consistantly from 13', and with its $7 pricetag, I have no complaints.
on May 14, 2012
The set up was easy and it works perfectly. I don't know why anyone else would pay more for the other brands.
on March 10, 2012
Great device. Best $5.99 I've spent all week - and it's now Saturday. Cost takes the sting out of the overall cost - right!
Note--what is lacking on any website and with the remote to date, is how to reinstall the battery.
When you remove it - it'll probably 'go flying'. First find a thin dime (if you still have any left)
1--the tiny plastic latch is at #1 on the case;
2--the battery rests on the inside small plastic ledge (logical way).
3--When you install the battery you need to see the '+' symbol!

Note: To remove the battery --If you are right handed, hold the transmitter in your left hand with the button downward. 1--Support the transmitter with your middle finger and hook the tiny plastic slot with your index finger.
2--Apply inward pressure with your fingernail towards the center of the case-i.e. curl your index finger almost to point where you think your fingernail will tear from the fingernail bed!
3---With the thin dime in your right hand,(don't be a macho man) insert it into the slot(it'll just fit)and twist gently. If this doesn't work, ask your wife/girlfriend/small child to show you. Tom
on January 5, 2013
Works on Nikon d3200. I was skeptical at first but when it arrived i used it and it worked fine.
on May 12, 2013
I love this remote control. Gone are the days of setting the 10 second timer and then running to be part of group photos. Now I just set the camera up on my tripod, frame my shot, set the camera, and leisurely walk over to take group shots. The Nikon 3200 camera I use it with has a 2 second delay after you press the remote control button so you can hide the remote away before the shutter clicks.
on April 9, 2013
I was so pleased with this remote. I purchased it in order to take self portraits for a project, and I was hesitant when I saw how inexpensive it was. I went ahead and ordered because of the rave reviews. I'm so glad I did! You can't go wrong with this: low cost, no set up, and works reliably with my Nikon D3200.