Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 356 reviews
on November 11, 2014
There is no missing manual for Adobe Photoshop Elements 12. Adobe has a 313 page PDF file for free. It has much more detail than this book. The book is a rip off. The PDF can be found on the Adobe Photoshop Elements web page.
on April 2, 2015
Very confusing poor descriptions
on November 2, 2014
Don't bother
on August 4, 2007
This book explains all of the wonderful features of the program but does not explain HOW TO USE THEM. An example is the chapter on layers, the author states that "layers are easy to use once you understand how they work" and then goes on to describe all the features of layers - she leaves out one important item - HOW TO USE THEM. I just wasted an afternoon.
on August 23, 2012
After reading almost 200 pages of "Photoshop Elements 10; The Missing Manual, I am giving up and looking for a new guide. Book would reference previous or future pages every page or two. Reminded me of Nikon D90 manual that I had read 3 times (reference this page then see that page)to reference the page that I was just referenced to. Then I purchased Mastering the Nikon D90 by Darrell Young, what a relief. After reading this book, felt confident using my Nikon D90. Darrell are you listening, need an Elements 10 guide along the lines of your Rockynook book "Mastering the Nikon D90".
on March 26, 2007
I found this book to be just as confusing as Photoshop Elements. I wanted step by step directions, starting with how to get the pictures from the camera into the program, and building to sophisticated projects. I can't even follow this book to save my pictures in folders; what I've got is a mess! After several frustrating hours, the book is now sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust, and I'm thinking about deleting Elements from my computer. Sign me

Disappointed
on November 7, 2011
The missing manual, the book that should have been in the box is great at explaining thing but, offers zero examples to work from. Elements 10 is a piece of software that is very difficult and precise to learn. If you are a photographer that is trying to learn one thing at a time to move into Photoshop CS5 after mastering Elements 10 this book is not for you. If you want a simple book that tells you how to make simple edits such as color correction, white balance, editing things like powerlines out of an image this book might be worth it. For more experienced users this book does not have what I am looking for.
on February 9, 2014
It's given me a miserable time. I'm running a top of the line machine and I still can't get the program to load.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse