Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on March 3, 2014
I was very pleased with this book. The author was truly a teacher who knows how to teach a course on software to someone who may not be very familiar with the product. Although I have used Elements for years off and on, I never "learned" to use it with confidence. I recently decided that I would buckle down and learn to use it after I read the reviews about the many features that had been added to Elements that I had not been successful in learning the full Photoshop program. I am a "hobbyist" photographer who needs the initial "handholding" and not a graphic designer. The text is very good at explaining and defining the many processes within the program. It also contains references to its companion text, Photoshop Elements 12, All-in-One for Dummies, which goes into much more detail about those photographic processes that the reader may also want to explore. For me, this book is exactly what I needed for the inspiration to learn to use Photoshop Elements 12 with confidence.
on January 10, 2014
I was a bit disappointed because it lacks the humor of previous Dummie books. But more significant is that I was fairly familiar with PhotoShop Lite, so I needed an introduction to Elements. It probably is more beneficial to a beginner. I found the how-to videos available from Adobe and on the internet easier to access and get to my specific question.
on December 9, 2013
The writer sometimes rambles on about stuff she says will be in other chapters. It's annoying and a waste of paper but other then that it's great and I've learned a lot! PE12 is not as difficult as it originally looked since reading this book.
on March 7, 2015
Generally very pleased with all purchases. Got what I asked for and at the time they were predicted. Had an earlier version of Flight Simulator with much more detail ie Golden Gate Bridge, Eifel Tower etc. am disappointed that this X-plane does not have that kind of authenticity. Hoping they have some downloads of these landmarks. Still a beginner but enjoy the game. Retired...and can fly by the seat of my pants and can walk away from every landing or the other option.
Will be in touch.
Bill Fitz
on June 11, 2015
Well authored and presented, easy to understand and use, even by someone as dense as I. I can highly recommend this product. Well designed for the Photoshop Elements beginner, as well as those more experienced with Photoshop Elements.

YES I WOULD RECOMMEND this product and its related publications to a friend and/or a relative.
on January 9, 2014
My family have all taken turns playing with the software, and referring to the book in attempting to make some of our older digital photos (and scanned photos) look better. The guide is helpful, but not inclusive and it is a bit cryptic in places. Overall this book is worth the purchase, if you don't know what to do with Photoshop Elements!
on February 12, 2014
The book would have been better had it started with a step by step description of how to get to the items it was discussing.
on January 16, 2014
I like the clarity and detail.

More about organizing and managing files than I need.

Could use more "hands-on" with layers.

Chapter 9 needed to be near the front of the book.

Overall B+!
on April 7, 2014
Very easy to follow. It was entertaining, yet concise. I went to my local library and thought that I could get an idea of the content of PE12, but when I received the book - I was sorely mistaken. PE12 is so different from PE9 that I wasted my time looking at my local library.
on August 2, 2015
Some software today comes with a manual, some does not. Some comes with pdf files for manuals. You can't put those little yellow tabs in pdf files. As all Dummies books, this one is well written, and leaves you with few questions.