Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on June 25, 2012
This book WON'T explain everything you can do with PhotoShop Elements (PSE) 10 but it will give you 100 tasks that you can carry out, clearly illustrated with screen dumps and very concise steps on what to do. The book can be used from page 1 >> or you can refer to it for specific problems you want to solve.There are 8 sections: Organising and Preparing Photos; Adjusting Images; Working with RAW; Local Control Features; Using Adjustment Layers; Solve Photo Problems; Size and Sharpen Photos and Go Beyond the Basics. This is about the fifth book in this series that I have purchased and used, and I enjoy the page layout, work style and clear explanations. An excellent publication.
on July 1, 2012
I have been using Photoshop Elements for several years. While we all know that there is a high degree of transfer of learning from one version to the next, we also know that there are always new and better features with each version. Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks is well worth the money for several reasons. First, it serves as a great reference manual for the most important Elements features. Second, by simply reading through it, you reinforce old learning and learn new ways to use the software. Third, the book is well organized and it is easy to locate desired instructions. Last and most important, the instruction is very logical, specific, and delivered in a way that even new users can understand and implement from the first use. Highly recommended.
on May 7, 2012
The book is function - oriented. You go to the section / page for the function you're after and it gives no nonsense 1, 2, 3, step by step instructions on that function. The breadth of the selected functions is very large and the orgnization of the book is straight forward. It's a very handy reference book.
on September 10, 2012
I'm a beginner with Photoshop and working, maybe struggling, with PSE 10. I chose this book because a friend's "Dummies book" for the program seemed too advanced for what I needed. It started with the assumption that any user of PSE10 would have had experience with prior versions. That may be generally true, but is not necessarily a given. My prior experiences with Photo editing are with Picassa and the Windows Live applications.

I started reading at the beginning; the first two chapters were mostly understandable, but again there was some assumption of prior knowledge, and the Index has some gaps. The specific item you may be questioning or looking for may be hard to find. The quick fixes work well, but when I tried to fill a gap in a line to hide reflected light and only needed a fine brush or pencil, I found I had to get into layers--a lot more work with more steps to mess up. In "Windows Live" it is just a matter of clicking on a brush or pencil tool, then on the color wanted, and with a few strokes the fix is done: to be fair once PSE is "conquered", I'm sure it will have more versatility.

I still looking for a book with more basic instruction and tips.
on July 12, 2012
I have always struggled with digital image correction using freeware software programs. I was buying replacement printer ink cartridges and my eye wandered into the software shelves adjacent, I read the reviews and usage details on the box containing Photoshop Elements 10 so I bought the product to give it a go thinking it could not be any worse than what I am currently using. What a surprise, the book Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks made everything so simple, I was recovering photos that were incorrectly exposed, I was cropping photos to get better composition and balancing colours with ease. I keep the book handy for reference. Essential reading.
on March 20, 2017
Great product!
on January 31, 2014
I purchased this book to see how to operate elements 10. It has a detail step-by-step method of illustrating how to accomplish certain facets of the program. The reason for my purchase was to give assistance to other members of a photography club I belong to. My likes are many but I also had trouble accomplishing some of the tasks illustrated in the book. The most prominent task in this category was layer masks. I just could not follow the step-by-step directions and end up with the same display as illustrated in the book. That aside it is a good book.
on January 8, 2012
This book is not only priced great, but the full color, visual images and way it is presented is great. My only complaint is that many of the menu items suggested are very small. That made it tempting to do 4 stars.
on June 30, 2012
This is a very good book and the price is very good. The information is presented in an easy to understand way. I am a beginner in photo editing, except for the little iPhoto has. So having a book that is written well and easy to follow is great. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is that the printing on the menu examples is too small.
on May 31, 2012
This book offers great tips and makes it easy to do so many things. With illustrations and steps clearly marked, plus other hints it is one of the best "how-To" photo bo9oks I have...and I have a bunch covering Photoshop Elements and Lightroom.