Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on December 29, 2012
This book is great for the information one needs to get started with Lightroom and Photoshop software. Also, the book makes a nice reference for often used commands.
on March 23, 2013
As a relatively new photographer (and a computer novice), I began using Lightroom 3 after reading its 450+pages manual with very little confidence and a fear I didn't know what I was really doing. After upgrading to Lightroom 4 I felt no more confident than before and then I found this book. What a difference, within these 180 pages I found answers to many questions and unknowns --- and all in much simpler terms and easy to follow descriptions! It does not have the same depth or is as extensive as the big manual but, for me as a beginner, it covers the basics of Lightroom more than adequately. Now I enjoy using the Lightroom and am getting the results I was hoping for when I first purchased this program. ( And my book is tabbed and I refer to it often.)
on June 22, 2012
This is a must if you plan on using Lightroom. I downloaded lightroom and don't have a good resource on how to use it. This book is just what I needed.
on February 26, 2013
Not much more than the basics. If you are learning, you will need another book to really learn from. This book doesn't teach you much. I learned more from you tube.
on January 28, 2013
Easy read basic book to get your feet wet in Lightroom 4 without getting overwhelmed. Once you get comfortable I would recommend more detailed books like the Scott Kelby book suggested in other reviews. However if you are a new user, impatient, and want to dive right into the basics, this book works.
on December 5, 2012
It could go a little deeper in the overall controls, but I found it very helpful and had some great insight on many areas.
on April 17, 2013
Like most Adobe products the real magic is hidden in the non-existant manuals. This was a good intro to a very useful photo product!
on March 30, 2016
Lots of great information on taking pictures in all kinds of situations. Very informative and written in a very comprehensible way!
on January 28, 2014
i have to say that i find this book great, it has gone back to the basics of how to use Photoshop, and it is so easy to follow.
on February 11, 2016
Great starter book for Lightroom. It is easy to follow the instructions and sample ideas.